Author Topic: 2016 Celtics draft plan: Labissiere , Sabonis, Hart, Ellis  (Read 16930 times)

Re: 2016 Celtics draft plan: Labissiere , Sabonis, Hart, Ellis
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2016, 05:55:17 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I think nbadraft has nailed the skal comparisons to Aldridge

Are you referring to another Skal?

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/skal-labissiere

Skal LabissiereKentucky  Birthday: 3/18/96 NBA Position: PF/C Class: Freshman Ht: 6-11 Wt: 220 Hometown: Port-au-Prince, Haiti High School: RYD Prep Team Site Profile Statistics 

Comparison: Channing Frye
[/size]
To be fair to triboy, the comparison was Aldridge earlier in the year. It was a nonsense comparison, but it was the one they made.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2016, 06:35:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I think nbadraft has nailed the skal comparisons to Aldridge

Are you referring to another Skal?

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/skal-labissiere

Skal LabissiereKentucky  Birthday: 3/18/96 NBA Position: PF/C Class: Freshman Ht: 6-11 Wt: 220 Hometown: Port-au-Prince, Haiti High School: RYD Prep Team Site Profile Statistics 

Comparison: Channing Frye
[/size]
To be fair to triboy, the comparison was Aldridge earlier in the year. It was a nonsense comparison, but it was the one they made.

It should be Aldridge/Frye

Fryer has near non existent post moves.  And Skal does not have a 3 pt shot. Not now anyways

so Aldrige/Frye comparison is better as of now imo

« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2016, 07:42:42 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Wouldn't mind Brogdon or blossomgame either

Skal and Sabonis still high on my list

« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2016, 08:34:06 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
I don't get the love for Scal.  He was absolutely terrible at Kentucky.  He has a thin frame that won't add much weight and he was basically pushed out of Kentucky started line-up, which is unheard of for a top recruit like he was and he couldn't go back for another year because he the class coming into Kentucky is absurd and he wouldn't get any playing time...

« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2016, 08:34:58 AM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Draft plan for the C's is draft Bender or Murray - or trade for Okafor.  Then I wouldn't mind rolling the dice on Maker after that....

« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2016, 08:36:39 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I don't get the love for Scal.  He was absolutely terrible at Kentucky.  He has a thin frame that won't add much weight and he was basically pushed out of Kentucky started line-up, which is unheard of for a top recruit like he was and he couldn't go back for another year because he the class coming into Kentucky is absurd and he wouldn't get any playing time...

If you look at his recent workout video ,he looks like he has added some muscle.  Nothing drastic, but noticeable

He understands what he has to do to get to the next level

A pf that can execute the turnaround J like he can is a rarity. High percentage shot  (if you can execute it consistently)

« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2016, 08:54:13 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I would take a risk on a guy who could become an impact scorer or a longer term project like Bender or Murray before taking Skal in the top 5.

I think Skal is #8 or #9 at best in this draft.

I don't mind Sabonis with #16 or trading up a few spots to get him (probably won't be there at #16)

What I find interesting is that you love Skal but hate Bender?
Different types of offensive games but both solid defensively with length.

If you like Skal, another guy you'll probably like is Deytona Davis. Very athletic PF with solid defense/rim protection.

The other big man around #9-15# will be Marquisse Chriss.

Personally I'd rather Chriss or Deytona before Skal, and Skal before Sabonis- but they are all VERY good.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 09:04:19 AM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2016, 08:56:33 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I can't begin to describe just how much I would hate the outcome of the off season if we are jettisoning 3 vets, adding no veteran star players and adding not only 4 rookies, but these 4 rookies. What a huge step back this franchise would be taking if this scenario were to happen.

I'm 51 years old now. I don't have too many championship Celtic years left in me. Watching something like this unfold knowing that Ainge is putting off being a contender for another 5 or more years would crush me.

TP. It would be an absolutely disastrous off-season that could be topped only by drafting that scrub Dragan Bender.

And it would be the end of the Brad Stevens era. He is not going to coach a minor league developmental team, nor should he. There are NBA teams, and college programs that would be more serious about competing than this horrific off-season plan in this thread who would ante up to have him as their coach.

You were wrong about Beasley and you are wrong about Stevens. If Ainge drafts a player it will be with Stevens' blessing and approval. Rozier, Mickey and Hunter all were players Stevens wanted as well.