Author Topic: 2016 Celtics draft plan: Labissiere , Sabonis, Hart, Ellis  (Read 16931 times)

Re: 2016 Celtics draft plan: Labissiere , Sabonis, Hart, Ellis
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2016, 11:04:45 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Wow heat over letting go Zeller, Sully, Young and Turner? A big step back? Sorry but I don't see that. I think there will be 4 rookies added not those 4 but 4. Hunter, Young and Rozier didn't have a good season. They may not cut it or may get traded. Then you have huge money going to be thrown around with 80% of the league with 7 million or more to spend. C's should avoid paying bench guys 7+million per. And keep focus on max players. This year or next you want to focus of aquiring the big additions. And the way you maintain the $ for that is with Rookies. Rookies offset high cost. Zeller, Sully and Turner are likely gone no matter what we do. The starters and rotation is set unless an impact rookie crashes in.
Starter=IT, AB, Crowder, AJ, KO
The bench would he set if team secures just one Center in FA.
Bench=Rozier, Smart, JJ, Mickey and ____

Now if you land a DeRozan, KD, Whiteside or Hordford which should be the plan to add two or more a current starter  moves to the bench making the bench 100% a solid rotation. So let's not try to throw $ on bench players when that will solve itself when the starters are upgraded. Stick to the thought of 4 rookies.

Exactly. And I rather have Sabonis vs sully and skal vs Zeller (skal to develop )

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2016, 11:07:58 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I can't begin to describe just how much I would hate the outcome of the off season if we are jettisoning 3 vets, adding no veteran star players and adding not only 4 rookies, but these 4 rookies. What a huge step back this franchise would be taking if this scenario were to happen.

I'm 51 years old now. I don't have too many championship Celtic years left in me. Watching something like this unfold knowing that Ainge is putting off being a contender for another 5 or more years would crush me.

TP. It would be an absolutely disastrous off-season that could be topped only by drafting that scrub Dragan Bender.

And it would be the end of the Brad Stevens era. He is not going to coach a minor league developmental team, nor should he. There are NBA teams, and college programs that would be more serious about competing than this horrific off-season plan in this thread who would ante up to have him as their coach.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2016, 11:09:46 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
I can't begin to describe just how much I would hate the outcome of the off season if we are jettisoning 3 vets, adding no veteran star players and adding not only 4 rookies, but these 4 rookies. What a huge step back this franchise would be taking if this scenario were to happen.

I'm 51 years old now. I don't have too many championship Celtic years left in me. Watching something like this unfold knowing that Ainge is putting off being a contender for another 5 or more years would crush me.

List me the 4 rookies you would pick then
The point is I wouldn't be adding four rookies to this team. The Celtics already have 4 major question marks they are developing in Rozier, Hunter, Young, and Mickey. Adding 4 more rookies just sets this club back years. You cant have 7-8 roster spots taken up by tremendously inexperienced, developing players who could develop into very little and think you can still be a playoff team. You dont win in the NBA with teams like that. Look at the Timberwolves. Absolutely loaded with high end young talent this year and they sucked. Our talent wouldnt be high end talent. Where would that place us?

At the bottom of the league.

People's obsession with the draft on this board never ceases to amaze me. There is absolutely no justification other than management malfeasance to add four more rookies to this roster.

We have long passed the point of taking flyers on questionable talent. Long ago.

It is time to contend. Period.

« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2016, 11:13:11 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Replacing Zeller, Sullinger, Young and Turner with 4 rookies is a recipe for taking a big step back next year (also we can let Holland go and keep one of those 4). I don't want to see us add more than 3 rookies to the roster next year and I'd prefer 2.

Besides that, I think you are picking Lab, Sabonis, Hart too early while I just have an irrational hate of Perry Ellis and wouldn't be mad if we drafted him.

why the hate?? lol

He is ready to play a role next season for some nba team.    Versatile defender and offensive player.
I hate Ellis because since he got to Kansas he took minutes and shots away from players that are better NBA prospects. I tuned in to watch KU to watch their NBA draft prospects and all I saw was stupid Perry Ellis jacking up shots.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2016, 11:19:01 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Wow heat over letting go Zeller, Sully, Young and Turner? A big step back? Sorry but I don't see that. I think there will be 4 rookies added not those 4 but 4. Hunter, Young and Rozier didn't have a good season. They may not cut it or may get traded. Then you have huge money going to be thrown around with 80% of the league with 7 million or more to spend. C's should avoid paying bench guys 7+million per. And keep focus on max players. This year or next you want to focus of aquiring the big additions. And the way you maintain the $ for that is with Rookies. Rookies offset high cost. Zeller, Sully and Turner are likely gone no matter what we do. The starters and rotation is set unless an impact rookie crashes in.

Now if you land a DeRozan, KD, Whiteside or Hordford which should be the plan to add two or more a current starter  moves to the bench making the bench 100% a solid rotation. So let's not try to throw $ on bench players when that will solve itself when the starters are upgraded. Stick to the thought of 4 rookies.

Exactly. And I rather have Sabonis vs sully and skal vs Zeller (skal to develop )
Yup just sign Pau and the bigs would be set. Pau, AJ, KO, Mickey, Lab, Sabonis. Get lucky with Whiteside, or Hordford and you don't need Pau.

« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2016, 11:19:06 AM »

Online mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 956
a few weeks ago, Jackie Mac said the Celtics were drooling over Bender...Kid is 18-1/2 years old...Draft him if we cannot work a trade on draft night--and let the kids grow together...sort of like how G.S. has done.

That's why I'm not an NBA scout. I just don't see it with Bender.

Mike

« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2016, 11:19:58 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas

Yup just sign Pau and the bigs would be set. Pau, AJ, KO, Mickey, Lab, Sabonis. Get lucky with Whiteside, or Hordford and you don't need Pau.

Gasol is headed to San Antonio.

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2016, 11:20:40 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

First Sabonis and now Skal? I guess you've soured on poor Mickey since you keep wanting us to take guys that will bury him further down (if that's even possible) the bench.

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2016, 11:29:39 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

We will see. Pau would be with us if DeRozan and KD both come here. And if C's strike out on that, Whiteside or Hordford would mean no need for Pau. If no big free agents come then team can always throw an AJ two year deal at 15 million per to Pau and sell him on helping team get out of second round and mentor guys.

« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2016, 02:30:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

First Sabonis and now Skal? I guess you've soured on poor Mickey since you keep wanting us to take guys that will bury him further down (if that's even possible) the bench.

Ok Mr let's draft Bender =D

« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2016, 03:55:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

We will see. Pau would be with us if DeRozan and KD both come here. And if C's strike out on that, Whiteside or Hordford would mean no need for Pau. If no big free agents come then team can always throw an AJ two year deal at 15 million per to Pau and sell him on helping team get out of second round and mentor guys.

Not a fan of Pau.  He would of been a solid pickup 2-3 years ago version

Right now the age is showing

Like some have pointed out, I can see him joining the Spurs or maybe his brother in Memphis (or just sign wherever his brother does)

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2016, 03:57:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I think nbadraft has nailed the skal comparisons to Aldridge

Everyone can only hope the comparisons become true, especially if he pick him up.   Those post moves/turnaround hook/jumpers can't be executed by many big players these days. Lost art/skill

When you need a crucial basket and you got a guy that can do that closer to the basket, that is awesome

« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2016, 03:58:09 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126

Like some have pointed out, I can see him joining the Spurs or maybe his brother in Memphis (or just sign wherever his brother does)

His age was showing so hard during this All-Star season he just had.

« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2016, 04:01:37 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

His age was showing so hard during this All-Star season he just had.

That was like a mercy pick. Bc Butler couldn't make it.  Pick another player from the Bulls

He is still Ok, but I don't want to throw 15 million a year for 2-3 at him

« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2016, 05:03:08 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I think nbadraft has nailed the skal comparisons to Aldridge

Are you referring to another Skal?

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/skal-labissiere

Skal LabissiereKentucky  Birthday: 3/18/96 NBA Position: PF/C Class: Freshman Ht: 6-11 Wt: 220 Hometown: Port-au-Prince, Haiti High School: RYD Prep Team Site Profile Statistics 

Comparison: Channing Frye
[/size]