Author Topic: 2016 Celtics draft plan: Labissiere , Sabonis, Hart, Ellis  (Read 16932 times)

Re: 2016 Celtics draft plan: Labissiere , Sabonis, Hart, Ellis
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2016, 06:08:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Another poor rebounder in year 1 was Brice Johnson. But look at him now

Someone like Chriss worries me more than Skal. Because Chriss avoided contact/disinterested to grab "blue collar" style rebounds.   Skal was in the mix more often than not but just got outmuscled

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2016, 06:15:42 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Labissiere rebound at 46 sec -  See what I mean?  He tries, but even at the end of the play got the ball snatched away .    At this time of the year Labissiere was also more comfortable in posting up/getting position down low.  This video shows this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga8Wsn9ki_I

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2016, 12:12:59 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Watch this again.   Those jump shots are automatic.  Even though he gets pushed around, I like his effort to grab the rebounds. Terrific shot blocker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtnyG6TMO4Q

Here is a nice breakdown vs Florida (draftexpress)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_dETd6SvHc

Labissiere and Sabonis would be a great pickups to strengthen our frontcourt depth.  Overall it was just mediocre to weak
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 12:57:44 AM by triboy16f »

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2016, 02:07:24 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
You should look into Jameel Warney as hard. He could be a second round steal.

Also Lab and him had a great round 1 match up as well.

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2016, 02:21:42 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I can't begin to describe just how much I would hate the outcome of the off season if we are jettisoning 3 vets, adding no veteran star players and adding not only 4 rookies, but these 4 rookies. What a huge step back this franchise would be taking if this scenario were to happen.

I'm 51 years old now. I don't have too many championship Celtic years left in me. Watching something like this unfold knowing that Ainge is putting off being a contender for another 5 or more years would crush me.

« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2016, 02:28:38 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
I can't begin to describe just how much I would hate the outcome of the off season if we are jettisoning 3 vets, adding no veteran star players and adding not only 4 rookies, but these 4 rookies. What a huge step back this franchise would be taking if this scenario were to happen.

I'm 51 years old now. I don't have too many championship Celtic years left in me. Watching something like this unfold knowing that Ainge is putting off being a contender for another 5 or more years would crush me.
I dont hate the 4 guys but Im hoping for more as well. Still C's can't make teams trade their stars. And with most teams are getting a big cap space amount so aquiring talent is going to be harder than it seems this off season. A lot of competition

« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2016, 02:33:53 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

TP good sir. Perfectly stated. These 4 guys have in my opinion a huge risk of all being busts. Taking Lab at 3-5 is disaster waiting to happen. Take him later on. Not at 3. Not at the pick that we've been waiting to get for a long time. Not at the pick that's the biggest prize of our rebuild thus far. Not at the pick that we gave away Pierce and KG for. We talk all the time about how we robbed Billy King. Well, if we can't hit on the pick, then we just look like fools for wasting such an amazing asset.

I'm not even 20 yet but I wouldn't even be able to stand it if we did this plan this offseason. I'm going to college lol. I'm not gonna have effort or  time to stress about our future and what we are gonna do. Let's get a contender here asap so I don't pull my hair out at school AND at the future of this team
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2016, 03:01:14 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

List me the 4 rookies you would pick then

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2016, 08:33:46 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

The point is I wouldn't be adding four rookies to this team. The Celtics already have 4 major question marks they are developing in Rozier, Hunter, Young, and Mickey. Adding 4 more rookies just sets this club back years. You cant have 7-8 roster spots taken up by tremendously inexperienced, developing players who could develop into very little and think you can still be a playoff team. You dont win in the NBA with teams like that. Look at the Timberwolves. Absolutely loaded with high end young talent this year and they sucked. Our talent wouldnt be high end talent. Where would that place us?

« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2016, 08:45:57 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

The point is I wouldn't be adding four rookies to this team. The Celtics already have 4 major question marks they are developing in Rozier, Hunter, Young, and Mickey. Adding 4 more rookies just sets this club back years. You cant have 7-8 roster spots taken up by tremendously inexperienced, developing players who could develop into very little and think you can still be a playoff team. You dont win in the NBA with teams like that. Look at the Timberwolves. Absolutely loaded with high end young talent this year and they sucked. Our talent wouldnt be high end talent. Where would that place us?

Agreed. No need to add marginally talented D-League fodder guys like Ellis and Hart. Rather take international draft and stash guys then having valuable roster spots taken by players with little upside.

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2016, 09:03:51 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
3rd-5th pick-  Labissiere.  Plenty of positive signs he can become a very good player in a year or two.  Just has to put it together and keep getting stronger.   Has a good iq, motor , does not shy away from contact.  Can shoot the ball (tough to stop turnarond Js) , explosive athlete.  Has a good but not great 7'2 wingspan. 9'0 reach.    Definitely some risk is involved here.   Had a mediocre/below avg freshman season performance but also he had a handful of dominating type games.  High offensive and defensive upside

11th pick (trade Mavs pick, 31st, 35th pick) - Sabonis. Just a tough, strong kid with underrated skills and top compete level.  Could help out the Celts in the rebounding department right off the bat(one of the best in college last season).  Sabonis, Labissiere frontcourt duo down the line , could be impressive.

23rd pick  - Josh Hart - Solid guard.  Reminds me of a hybrid of Baron Davis/Marcus Smart.   Not as good offesively nor defensively but somewhere in between with a similar strong body (6'5 height, 210 pounds).   Tough mentality.  Loves to drive, stop + fadeaway J.  Good all around game. Able to come through in the clutch.  Helped Villanova win the ncaa championship. 

45th pick - Perry Ellis - Able to play both pf/sf position.  But last season saw alot of min as a sf.  Did a good job playing to his strengths and posting up smaller forwards.   Has a solid jump shot now that he can use anywhere from the work.   Handles and passinghas improved.   Works hard on both ends and is a versatile defender. 

OUT for next season: Zeller, Sullinger, Young, Turner
In for next season: Labissiere, Sabonis, Hart, Ellis

Lineup (if no success on signing key FAs nor with trades)

C- Amir (option picked up)
PF - Jerebko (option picked up)
SF - Crowder
SG- AB
PG- IT

C- KO, Sabonis
PF- Mickey, Labissiere
SF - Smart, Ellis
SG - Hart, Hunter
PG - Rozier

Labissiere highlights - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtnyG6TMO4Q

Sabonis highlights - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GywGVCKYSro

Hart highlights - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqdm5N0qQW8

Perry Ellis highlights - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv8g6wy9Ftk
that's just a god awful plan.  talk about driving C's fans to the brink of being suicidal

« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2016, 09:53:40 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Replacing Zeller, Sullinger, Young and Turner with 4 rookies is a recipe for taking a big step back next year (also we can let Holland go and keep one of those 4). I don't want to see us add more than 3 rookies to the roster next year and I'd prefer 2.

Besides that, I think you are picking Lab, Sabonis, Hart too early while I just have an irrational hate of Perry Ellis and wouldn't be mad if we drafted him.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2016, 10:09:50 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Replacing Zeller, Sullinger, Young and Turner with 4 rookies is a recipe for taking a big step back next year (also we can let Holland go and keep one of those 4). I don't want to see us add more than 3 rookies to the roster next year and I'd prefer 2.

Besides that, I think you are picking Lab, Sabonis, Hart too early while I just have an irrational hate of Perry Ellis and wouldn't be mad if we drafted him.

why the hate?? lol

He is ready to play a role next season for some nba team.    Versatile defender and offensive player. 

« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2016, 10:14:50 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

You know , thats what they sang last offseason.   We instead used all the picks. 

Why do you figure this year might turn out to be different?  With all teams getting a larger cap to work with,  there is less urgency to trade anyone half decent. 

That leaves us with FA.   Which is another story. 

The draft is the main thing the Celts can control.      I'm hoping at least we couple a few of the picks and can pick 3 solid prospects vs all 8.   But when I asked you which prospects you would choose instead, you seemed unsure

« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2016, 11:00:37 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
Wow heat over letting go Zeller, Sully, Young and Turner? A big step back? Sorry but I don't see that. I think there will be 4 rookies added not those 4 but 4. Hunter, Young and Rozier didn't have a good season. They may not cut it or may get traded. Then you have huge money going to be thrown around with 80% of the league with 7 million or more to spend. C's should avoid paying bench guys 7+million per. And keep focus on max players. This year or next you want to focus of aquiring the big additions. And the way you maintain the $ for that is with Rookies. Rookies offset high cost. Zeller, Sully and Turner are likely gone no matter what we do. The starters and rotation is set unless an impact rookie crashes in.
Starter=IT, AB, Crowder, AJ, KO
The bench would he set if team secures just one Center in FA.
Bench=Rozier, Smart, JJ, Mickey and ____

Now if you land a DeRozan, KD, Whiteside or Hordford which should be the plan to add two or more a current starter  moves to the bench making the bench 100% a solid rotation. So let's not try to throw $ on bench players when that will solve itself when the starters are upgraded. Stick to the thought of 4 rookies.