Author Topic: Celtics trade for David Lee  (Read 83167 times)

Re: Celtics trade for David Lee
« Reply #180 on: July 07, 2015, 04:20:13 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Did the folks that don't like this deal watch the NBA finals. GSW was pretty toast until Steve Kerr remembered that he had David Lee on the bench.

I like you better when you're ranting about Doc Rivers than when you try to talk basketball.

Kerr's game winning adjustment was taking out Bogut. Addition by Subtraction. The Cavaliers didn't have a big that was worth defending, so they didn't need a big who could defend.

Glad you realize Doc Rivers talk is not basketball talk. I see what a wonderful job he is doing with the Clippers after orchestrating the dismissal of the ownership that brought him in.

Are you trying to make D.O.S. revise his opinion?

My opinion on Doc? Or my opinion on what Golden State did to win the championship series? Doc isn't relevant, really: the point is that Ogaju is misinterpreting what Kerr did and overstating Lee's importance in the equation.

I meant your opinion on whether you prefer to hear Doc-bashing or "basketball analysis." I figured you were the one person who would not find my sarcasm too subtle.

« Reply #181 on: July 07, 2015, 04:20:13 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
If he plays Kris Humphries role and we got rid of Gerald Wallace I'll consider it a success.

« Reply #182 on: July 07, 2015, 04:21:40 PM »

Online hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
David Lee is a great offensive pick and roll player, he rebounds well, and runs the floor great. Plus, he brings championship experience. I give this an A+.

I totally agree. I am not happy with DA for what he's done or hasn't done so far this summer but this is a real upgrade. This guy is a 53% shooter averages a double-double I think over his career. Passes well. How can that be bad?

« Reply #183 on: July 07, 2015, 04:22:09 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
I would love to see some prospective trades that work with Lee's contract that would not have worked with Wallace's deal, by the way. That is very interesting to me and, I assume, many other fans.

David Lee, first round pick for Gordon Hayward

« Reply #184 on: July 07, 2015, 04:24:23 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Did the folks that don't like this deal watch the NBA finals. GSW was pretty toast until Steve Kerr remembered that he had David Lee on the bench.

I like you better when you're ranting about Doc Rivers than when you try to talk basketball.

Kerr's game winning adjustment was taking out Bogut. Addition by Subtraction. The Cavaliers didn't have a big that was worth defending, so they didn't need a big who could defend.

Glad you realize Doc Rivers talk is not basketball talk. I see what a wonderful job he is doing with the Clippers after orchestrating the dismissal of the ownership that brought him in.

Are you trying to make D.O.S. revise his opinion?

My opinion on Doc? Or my opinion on what Golden State did to win the championship series? Doc isn't relevant, really: the point is that Ogaju is misinterpreting what Kerr did and overstating Lee's importance in the equation.

I meant your opinion on whether you prefer to hear Doc-bashing or "basketball analysis." I figured you were the one person who would not find my sarcasm too subtle.

Sorry my brain is all haywire after this trade. TP for putting up with my broken sarc-detector.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #185 on: July 07, 2015, 04:24:48 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I would love to see some prospective trades that work with Lee's contract that would not have worked with Wallace's deal, by the way. That is very interesting to me and, I assume, many other fans.

Ok. I would do this trade. Which first round pick. Why does Utah do it?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #186 on: July 07, 2015, 04:25:04 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I assume somewhere in the previous 12+ pages it has been mentioned that the deal is likely Wallace + Pressey/Babb for Lee with no picks/cash involved?

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/07/celtics-to-acquire-david-lee.html
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #187 on: July 07, 2015, 04:28:42 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Lee is a great fit for this team. I approve!

« Reply #188 on: July 07, 2015, 04:30:14 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Ainge will trade Amir and Lee for Deron Williams and Joe Johnson.

We will have an entire roster of guards, the Nets will have nothing but bigs.  We all win.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #189 on: July 07, 2015, 04:31:15 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

Not sure they do it.  Just throwing it out there.

Also:

Westbrook
Cousins
Parsons
Al Jefferson
Noah
Bledsoe
Hilario

Most of those work as well.  Depending on the situation.
Ok. I would do this trade. Which first round pick. Why does Utah do it?

« Reply #190 on: July 07, 2015, 04:33:04 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

We will have an entire roster of guards, the Nets will have nothing but bigs.  We all win.
Joe Johnson too tall...  :-\
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #191 on: July 07, 2015, 04:33:54 PM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656

Joe Johnson too tall...  :-\

They'll move him to center

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #192 on: July 07, 2015, 04:35:32 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Love it, great pick up!!

« Reply #193 on: July 07, 2015, 04:36:47 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
So what's the return? I thought the C's were capped out? He'll be nice trade fodder during the season.

Why not just appreciate the player we got instead of already concluding that we are going to trade him?

« Reply #194 on: July 07, 2015, 04:38:00 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
It seems like it is just for Wallace. Will improve the team now and not mess with any future financial flexibility.

I'm curious who gets squeezed in the rotation. They won't be able to play Lee, Olynyk, Sully, Zeller and Johnson. Especially because they like to go small with Crowder at the 4 a lot.

I thought we would finally give Olynyk, and Sully a chance to get heavy minutes but it looks like we might start Lee and Johnson instead this year.

Fine by me!

I am all about giving the minutes to Lee and Amir and giving Sully and Olynyk the boot.