Author Topic: Celtics trade for David Lee  (Read 83292 times)

Re: Celtics trade for David Lee
« Reply #150 on: July 07, 2015, 03:58:02 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Also I mean its a white guy that scores he's gonna sell mad jerseys for the year that he's here.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #151 on: July 07, 2015, 03:58:02 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 422
This roster seems set up for a Sully + Turner for Wing upgrade.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #152 on: July 07, 2015, 03:58:14 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

David Lee is a very good player.

If you don't care at all about defense, sure.
that's the weird thing about this deal.  sure, Lee's a better player than Wallace right now but his D is pretty bad.  Danny's been drafting guards for their D.  doesn't make a lot of sense in that regard
Is Lee a better defender than Zeller?
that's a very good question.  based on what I've heard (haven't seen Lee since leaving NY) I'd say no but someone who's watched him more recently may have a different opinion

« Reply #153 on: July 07, 2015, 03:58:51 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
Don't know, but when an opportunity arises, then the Celtics gotta be ready.
For all our assets and flexibility we completely missed on the steal of this offseason (the 6ers-Kings trade.

The Harden trade was a complete fluke and we shouldn't be preparing for it to happen to us. We also definitely shouldn't be expecting to sign a FA as good as Dwight Howard.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #154 on: July 07, 2015, 03:58:58 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Just a crazy thought.  The Knicks look like they should be rebuilding, especially after drafting Porzingis.  Melo and Phil don't seem to be too happy with each other.

Could Ainge have traded for Lee to then send him to the Knicks along with a pile of draft picks for Melo?  Lee's $15.5m contract could facilitate that a lot easier than Wallace's $10m contract.

« Reply #155 on: July 07, 2015, 03:59:56 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
Well that is disappointing.

Don't we have enough problems finding minutes for Sullinger and Olynyk with Amir, Ty Zeller and Jerebko already on board?

Do we really need to add a PF who is going to complicate that even further?

Remember, this is not a team.

It's just an amorphous pile of assets that nobody wants.

Once upon a time, Daryl Morey and the Houston Rockets had a pile of assets that "nobody [wanted]."

Then The Beard became available. It takes two to tango.

Indeed, Morey's strategy was validated by the Harden trade.

Are we expecting another opportunity like that to come along?  Where does the Harden trade rank among lopsided trades in the history of the league?  How many GMs are now utterly terrified of making a similar mistake?

Don't know, but when an opportunity arises, then the Celtics gotta be ready.

David Lee is 2006-7 Theo Ratliff

« Reply #156 on: July 07, 2015, 04:00:01 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Well that is disappointing.

Don't we have enough problems finding minutes for Sullinger and Olynyk with Amir, Ty Zeller and Jerebko already on board?

Do we really need to add a PF who is going to complicate that even further?

Remember, this is not a team.

It's just an amorphous pile of assets that nobody wants.

Once upon a time, Daryl Morey and the Houston Rockets had a pile of assets that "nobody [wanted]."

Then The Beard became available. It takes two to tango.

Indeed, Morey's strategy was validated by the Harden trade.

Are we expecting another opportunity like that to come along?  Where does the Harden trade rank among lopsided trades in the history of the league?  How many GMs are now utterly terrified of making a similar mistake?

There are equally significant uncertainties that could be highlighted in opposition to any means of rebuilding (see: tanking). This is clearly the method that Danny has chosen, or at the very least, been directed towards by fate. All we know is that, like tanking, it has worked at least once before. We'll have to see if it works again.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #157 on: July 07, 2015, 04:00:07 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Idk why Orlando will do that. They already have a more skilled Bradley like player in Victor Oladipo. I mean Sullinger fits well, but I don't see how or why Orlando would do that.

Now I could see us going after Alex Len in Pheonix by flipping Sullinger and Olynyk over there with some picks because their stretch games would work pretty well in that Suns' system. Bradley fits pretty well too unless they expect Booker to start right off the bat.

O-Town didn't want Harris to begin with. They could have signed him for 10 mil last year and refused. I feel like they only signed him this year because they struck out on Millsap. Not to mention Super Mario is their future at the 3.
Sully replaces the Millsap mishap, Bradley is a solid 6 man off the bench, can run point or the 2... and a first rounder is a first rounder, give them Dallas's or ours next year.
Couldn't Orlando do this as a sign and trade?

« Reply #158 on: July 07, 2015, 04:00:36 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 445
I like it. I don't get into all the trade exceptions and salary cap and all that stuff like many of you GMs but this guy can play. He was a double-double machine and he passes pretty well too. It's definitely someone that will be in the rotation somehow unlike Wallace sitting on the bench.

I give it a thumbs up!

« Reply #159 on: July 07, 2015, 04:03:14 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Did the folks that don't like this deal watch the NBA finals. GSW was pretty toast until Steve Kerr remembered that he had David Lee on the bench.

« Reply #160 on: July 07, 2015, 04:04:16 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Did the folks that don't like this deal watch the NBA finals. GSW was pretty toast until Steve Kerr remembered that he had David Lee on the bench.

I like you better when you're ranting about Doc Rivers than when you try to talk basketball.

Kerr's game winning adjustment was taking out Bogut. Addition by Subtraction. The Cavaliers didn't have a big that was worth defending, so they didn't need a big who could defend.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #161 on: July 07, 2015, 04:04:58 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #162 on: July 07, 2015, 04:06:05 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
This one is a head scratcher.  Maybe the celtics can turn Lee into something.   He equalled Gerald Wallace though.

« Reply #163 on: July 07, 2015, 04:07:21 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
I tried david lee for wallace in the espn trade machine and it failed?

« Reply #164 on: July 07, 2015, 04:09:15 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
"contributes" to NBA Finals... traded for Gerald Wallace.

Image tag isn't working. Click this. Laugh:
http://cdn.themetapicture.com/media/funny-gif-Fry-Flanders-DiCaprio-suspicious-faces.gif