Author Topic: [LA Times] Boston explored trading picks + Smart for Noel + 3rd, Philly declined  (Read 25403 times)

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I have to believe this can't be true, but hahahahahahaha, the absurdity of that offer.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/la-sp-nba-draft-20150623-story.html

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Hey, you never know if you don't ask.

I heard a similar rumor that was Smart and 16 for Noel, which I don't think is fair either (although many on this blog I'm sure would disagree).
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Some here would think that's a gross overpayment and that Philly should consider themselves lucky if they could get the 28th for Noel.

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1648
  • What a Pub Should Be
Might as well kick the tires but I'm also not surprised that Philly would reject that deal.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Somewhere LarBrd33 is pumping his fists in the air vigorously.

I think if Ainge managed to trade Smart + 16 + 28 for Noel + #3, he might actually be charged and convicted with grand larceny.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I'm not the world's biggest Noel fan and love Smart but even I admit that would be highway robbery for Boston.

Mike

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Well obviously they declined.   you could offer Smart + #16 + #28 for Noel and they'd say no.  Asking for #3 as well?  lol... Good ol Danny.   Gonna be an offseason of strike outs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12EgM5REzeg

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Well obviously they declined.   you could offer Smart + #16 + #28 for Noel and they'd say no.  Asking for #3 as well?  lol... Good ol Danny.   Gonna be an offseason of strike outs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12EgM5REzeg

Fireworks!
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 956
Screw that. I just bought both my kids Marcus Smart jerseys last year.

Mike

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Lakers planted this to lower the trade value of smart so that they would be the favorites in the Chase for Cousins

Ha

:edit: just saw we asked for the number three pick as well....  I wish the sixers had billy king for a gm
I trust Danny Ainge

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

If Noel would end up in Boston he would lead the Noel is just a skinny 1 way overrated player talk.

Offline Daddy Pinto

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
So LA Times broke this story?

Sounds credible. LOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Looks like just another rumor to to push someone's agenda.

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284

Agreed.

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

I think if Ainge managed to trade Smart + 16 + 28 for Noel + #3, he might actually be charged and convicted with grand larceny.

I don't see how he couldn't be. Would make the Nets trade look like a mere slight of hand trick.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Agreed.

What are: two posters that couldn't be bothered to read the article.

League executives also said the Celtics were trying to move up in the draft, using their two first-round picks and two second-round picks as bait.

The executives said the Celtics were looking to trade point guard Marcus Smart and the Nos. 16 and 28 picks in the first round to Philadelphia for center/forward Nerlens Noel and the No. 3 pick. But the 76ers, the executives said, weren't interested.

Executives said teams with multiple picks are trying to trade some of them and move up in the draft. The 76ers, for instance, have six draft picks — one in the first round and five in the second round, Nos. 35, 37, 47, 58 and 60 — and may look to package some of those or even sell a few of them.

The Clippers are a team looking to buy a second-round pick.

Broderick Turner is a legitimate reporter, and the LA Times is a legitimate newspaper. You should probably not make so much of an effort to look stupid in the future.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.