Author Topic: My early 2015 1st round picks for the Celtics  (Read 27250 times)

Re: My early 2015 1st round picks for the Celtics
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2015, 11:41:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I can't imagine Turner falling that far.  I would really hope Danny trades up if he falls to 12

I do. Check out his stats for the last 5 games of the season. Not very good.  Maybe ran out of gas? Injury?

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/myles-turner-1/gamelog/2015/

He is a nice prospect but with an old players body.  He struggles running end to end.  Not very athletic nor quick

The players that we draft need to fit in with CBS system .  Unless they are that good, CBS is not going to change around what he has built so far for the player.
I don't see Harrell or RHJ as good fits in the CBS system.  Neither of them are anywhere close to being decent 3pt shooters.  Having to watch Sully shoot 3s is bad enough.

Zeller, bass cant shoot threes either. 

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2015, 11:41:53 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
That's an interesting pair. I could see that.

And If Hollis-Jefferson is already taken then Justin Anderson. Another 6'6 , 225 pounds , 6'11 wingspan sf. Versatile defender, high motor, athletic and good 3 pt shooter
If he's healthy, Anderson should go before RHJ.  With Stevens being so 3pt happy, I'd prefer Anderson over RHJ.
Im torn here. Anderson is certainly a far superior 3 pt shooter and they both play terrific defense, but with his athleticism RHJ has a higher upside I would think. Id be happy with either at 25, but I doubt either will be available.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 11:42:47 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I can't imagine Turner falling that far.  I would really hope Danny trades up if he falls to 12

I do. Check out his stats for the last 5 games of the season. Not very good.  Maybe ran out of gas? Injury?

He is a nice prospect but with an old players body.  He struggles running end to end.  Not very athletic nor quick

The players that we draft need to fit in with CBS system .  Unless they are that good, CBS is not going to change around what he has built so far for the player.
I don't see Harrell or RHJ as good fits in the CBS system.  Neither of them are anywhere close to being decent 3pt shooters.  Having to watch Sully shoot 3s is bad enough.

Its not an issue with Harrel, but a SF who cant shoot could present problems
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2015, 11:44:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I think we will move up if we are #15 unless someone in the top 11 (Im including Oubre) falls. I suspect we will package either the 2s or the clips pick or maybe even KO/Sully to grab someone we prefer in the 7-12 range.

That being said if the draft pans out the way you suggest I wouldnt mind Harrel/ Jefferson. I think Jefferson is a super safe pick. he is going to be a very good defender in this league. period. So getting him in the 20s would be good as you know he can fill a role on your team. As for Harrell, the only thing that makes me hesitant is his height, but I love the wingspan and energy he plays with.

I do remember hearing some character stuff in years past is that all gone or is that something we should worry about?

Harrell is a good teammate, coachable. He is an annoying opponent to face much like KG is.  Maybe at times can be a showoff. His energy, intensity is at elite level though.

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2015, 11:45:50 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Caris Levert is going to be a stud. I think his game would fit in the offense, and I think he could play SF in Brad's system. He reminds me of a poor version of Paul George.

And whatever Ainge does for big man, hopefully Ainge goes after Love and Asik hard.

I just don't see any impactful big man around our draft range. I'd prefer to package them for players.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2015, 11:49:07 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Oubre, Winslow, and Turner will all go before Kaminsky. Kaminsky's stock is sure to drop once he posts some pedestrian numbers at the combine.

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2015, 11:49:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

AB couldnt shoot well at first either. Now he is decent. RHJ has crazy athleticism and can score in other ways. At least his FT is at a respectable rate. CBS will help him with his jump shot.

Like Harrell, plays with incredible energy and intensity.    I love these kind of players. While you are huffing and puffing with less than 5 min, these guys become more energized

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2015, 11:52:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Oubre, Winslow, and Turner will all go before Kaminsky. Kaminsky's stock is sure to drop once he posts some pedestrian numbers at the combine.

Maybe. But once he nails 3 after 3  , handles the ball around with ease for a 7ft tall player , his stock will rise again.

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2015, 11:54:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Caris Levert is going to be a stud. I think his game would fit in the offense, and I think he could play SF in Brad's system. He reminds me of a poor version of Paul George.

And whatever Ainge does for big man, hopefully Ainge goes after Love and Asik hard.

I just don't see any impactful big man around our draft range. I'd prefer to package them for players.

I like Levert and his confidence. Injury is a big concern.

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2015, 11:55:20 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31

Maybe. But once he nails 3 after 3  , handles the ball around with ease for a 7ft tall player , his stock will rise again.

You and I are the only Kaminsky fans here, I think.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2015, 11:55:57 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Turner levert with the first rounders
dakari johnson or upshaw and vzenkov with the swcond rounders

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2015, 11:56:40 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Is this Dirk or Kaminsky we're talking about? Kaminsky is a good shooter, but he's not an elite shooter. Scouts have pointed out to a slow release that might give him problems on the next level.

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2015, 12:01:55 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Is this Dirk or Kaminsky we're talking about? Kaminsky is a good shooter, but he's not an elite shooter. Scouts have pointed out to a slow release that might give him problems on the next level.
Come on, Dirk's release is pretty slow also.   Kaminsky is not as automatic but he is good shooter. Better than KO , and KO is considered a good 3 pt shooter for his height now.

Centers are going to have to respect Kaminsky shooting capabilities and come out to defend him.

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2015, 12:04:16 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 562

AB couldnt shoot well at first either. Now he is decent. RHJ has crazy athleticism and can score in other ways. At least his FT is at a respectable rate. CBS will help him with his jump shot.

Like Harrell, plays with incredible energy and intensity.    I love these kind of players. While you are huffing and puffing with less than 5 min, these guys become more energized
I could see drafting one or the other but not both.  Turner is a significantly better shooter that either of them.  Given the options presented, I'd rather go Turner and Anderson. 

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2015, 12:09:24 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I could see drafting one or the other but not both.  Turner is a significantly better shooter that either of them.  Given the options presented, I'd rather go Turner and Anderson.

Will Turner even play in the 4th quarter under CBS?
CBS has guys out in the 4th now that can guard at least 2 positions. Can run end to end multiple times between whistles. Turner has issues running end to end multiple times  now. It doesnt look natural. He would fit better under a half court oriented team imo