Author Topic: #DeflateGate (Court of Appeals Reinstates Suspension)  (Read 610476 times)

Re: #DeflateGate
« Reply #435 on: January 23, 2015, 08:39:02 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Venting:

I'm so angry about all this. I was looking forward to talk about what this game means to Bill and Tom's legacy, recapping the AFC championship, previewing the Super Bowl... Instead it's all about this nonsense. A sensational, blood thirsty media lead by the absolutely shameless ESPN. Can anyone there even call themselves "journalists" or "reporters" anymore? Because it is false advertising. They are click-bait, ratings hungry, entertainers.

Not being snarky, but what's stopping you?  You don't have to talk about what ESPN's talking about.

« Reply #436 on: January 23, 2015, 08:50:01 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I viewed the Brady presser performance, and it was excruciating to see someone lie in such an obvious manner.  There is a lot of venting going on here by (mostly) diehard Patriots fans, but even Kraft's own guy, Goodell, is going to have to bring the hammer down on the Pats in the form of rescinding of draft picks. 

Tom Brady must be the world's worst poker player - can anyone get me an invite to his home game? :-)

Yeah, you could see the corners of his mouth curl up whenever he told an especially big one.

Actually not true, per most post earlier my wife watched the press conference with three trained FBI investigators, they all said no signs of lying based on their training. 

CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #437 on: January 23, 2015, 08:51:25 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/22/nfl-investigators-have-visited-browns-over-in-game-texting/

When is the national media going to descend on Cleveland over text-gate?  oh wait, there not because the entire league is jealous of them?  hmmm
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #438 on: January 23, 2015, 09:11:36 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25583
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/22/nfl-investigators-have-visited-browns-over-in-game-texting/

When is the national media going to descend on Cleveland over text-gate?  oh wait, there not because the entire league is jealous of them?  hmmm

If the Browns were in the Super Bowl, I'm sure the media would be all over them, although maybe not to this extent.  Similarly, if the Pats had lost last week, the media scrutiny would be less, although I'm sure there would be some due to Spygate, etc.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #439 on: January 23, 2015, 09:13:26 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I must admit, that was one of the funnier press conferences I have listened to.  Completely pointless, but funny.

Got to love the headlines though.

« Reply #440 on: January 23, 2015, 09:14:30 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
reggie miller and grant hill were talking tonight on TNT about how they used to deflate basketballs before NBA games. marv albert said doc rivers admitted to him to doing the same thing while playing for the hawks.
this whole controversy is a giant joke, and is only important to small-minded football fans who hate the patriots and really have no clue about the sort of things that really go on in sports.
this isn't about honestly, the "integrity of the game", or cheating.
it's a witch hunt by armchair moralists who don't realize that athletes are obsessive and make minor adjustments to equipment when they're technically not supposed to.
it's not a big deal.
and anybody who thinks BB and TFB are the antichrist should not be a celtics fan, red auerbach was 100x worse.

It would appear to be pretty important to the small-minded Patriots fans with persecution complexes, too.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #441 on: January 23, 2015, 09:20:00 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

If the Browns were in the Super Bowl, I'm sure the media would be all over them, although maybe not to this extent.  Similarly, if the Pats had lost last week, the media scrutiny would be less, although I'm sure there would be some due to Spygate, etc.

Right, so this is much more about being a good team than the actual infringement of the rules

« Reply #442 on: January 23, 2015, 09:24:42 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Also Roy, not sure if this has been posted yet, but a NON patriots source on ball firmness  :)

The MMQB @theMMQB 
  ·  17h 17 hours ago   
Again, from our informal test, diff between 12.5 and 10.5 psi is practically imperceptible. 10.5 definitely not soft.

« Reply #443 on: January 23, 2015, 09:26:13 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Also Roy, not sure if this has been posted yet, but a NON patriots source on ball firmness  :)

The MMQB @theMMQB 
  ·  17h 17 hours ago   
Again, from our informal test, diff between 12.5 and 10.5 psi is practically imperceptible. 10.5 definitely not soft.

That's Peter King trying to help the NFL make a non-issue out of it now that it's Friday.  :D
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #444 on: January 23, 2015, 09:27:23 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Also for what its worth, this guy does some of the best draft analysis not working for ESPN or a major network, he has been at the senior bowl all week

Mike Loyko ?@NEPD_Loyko  · 8m8 minutes ago  ? Mobile, AL   
Mark Brunell's segment just came on TV and about 20 scouts including NE laughing out loud and making fun of him for crying.

« Reply #445 on: January 23, 2015, 09:33:16 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Finally, just to throw it out there.  Guy has 105K followers so maybe he knows something?

Sharks of Vegas @SharksOfVegas 
  ·  10h 10 hours ago   
BREAKING - Our source has CONFIRMED there will be NO penalties imposed on the Patriots by the NFL in the wake of deflategate.

·  10h 10 hours ago   
Official announcement is expected sometime over the weekend.  NFL simply has no "proof" the Patriots themselves tampered with the balls.

·  10h 10 hours ago   
NFL is not saying the balls were not tampered with, just that there is very little evidence against the Patriots.

·  1h 1 hour ago   
At this point, the NFL is delaying action in hopes of more information.  They can't punish the Patriots with current info.

« Reply #446 on: January 23, 2015, 09:40:41 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

The MMQB @theMMQB 
  ·  17h 17 hours ago   

"Practically imperceptible" and "imperceptible" aren't equivalent.

Similarly, "not soft" doesn't equal "not softer".

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #447 on: January 23, 2015, 09:42:29 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

The MMQB @theMMQB 
  ·  17h 17 hours ago   

haha ok.  I mean I guess to me, if a guy who is only trying to tell the difference between a 12.5 and 10.5 psi ball thinks its practically imperceptible, it would be imperceptible for a guy who is trying to throw the ball with linemen bearing down on him or trying to catch a ball while protecting himself from impending doom from a safety. 

« Reply #448 on: January 23, 2015, 09:48:31 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

The MMQB @theMMQB 
  ·  17h 17 hours ago   

haha ok.  I mean I guess to me, if a guy who is only trying to tell the difference between a 12.5 and 10.5 psi ball thinks its practically imperceptible, it would be imperceptible for a guy who is trying to throw the ball with linemen bearing down on him or trying to catch a ball while protecting himself from impending doom from a safety.

Again, Brady himself acknowledged that he likes a 12.5 ball -- rather than 13.5 -- because of the grip.

How can anybody then argue that he can't tell the difference between a 12.5 ball and a 10.5 ball? 

If Peter King could detect a difference (which he did), then why wouldn't the guy who meticulously selected the game balls earlier that day be able to tell?

Pats fans need to make up their minds:  is this a case of "everyone is looking for an edge, and QBs do this all the time, so it's no big deal" or is it "Tom Brady, Golden Boy, would never bend the rules or lie to the media"?

« Reply #449 on: January 23, 2015, 09:48:39 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Jemele Hill @jemelehill 
  ·  16h 16 hours ago   
Ironic: Every week, fans complain about how incompetent the officials are. Now suddenly they're incapable of making mistakes. OK.

Jemele Hill @jemelehill 
  ·  17h 17 hours ago   
Seriously ... Has anyone considered the fact that MAYBE the official who measured the footballs didn't do his job properly?