Author Topic: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade  (Read 112220 times)

Re: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade
« Reply #495 on: December 18, 2014, 05:38:55 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
MY BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW AINGE! WAY TO RUIN MY SPECIAL DAY!
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #496 on: December 18, 2014, 05:39:02 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
methinks someone else is going to have to take Green & Felton in a larger deal to make this work. 

Wright + Crowder = $6M while Rondo = $13M...
Can't add Green without adding Chandler (in a two-team deal, that is). However, toss in Felton or Harris into the deal as proposed, and the numbers work.

I was thinking a 3rd team would take Green & their backup pg.  Really liked that one jpotter33 proposed in the other thread where we get Lance as well-- something like this:
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=olmqkqr
plus picks

« Reply #497 on: December 18, 2014, 05:39:28 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Boston has reached the point of no return on a Rondo deal and Danny Ainge is moving fast toward sifting offers and making his best deal.

Wojo

Wowwwwwwwwww

Skeptical. Woj doesn't like DA. Could he be trying to pressure him?

That recent exposé piece aside, Woj is almost always right on the money with trade talk.

It was a great exposé.  But is Woj as good with Celtics news as he is with other teams?  He's not normally my first go-to on the C's -- Mannix and Bulpett seem to have a better clue what's going on here.  He's hedged in several Rondo posts today -- saying that something is likely to get done soon isn't a great prediction.

He'll get a hat-tip from me tho if Wright, Crowder, and a 2015 1st come over.  That said, there's a limit as to what players can be involved, thanks to salary matching CBA rules, the Celtics desire to not take on much future salary, and the players the Mavs won't trade due to team importance.  If you hear it's the Mavs and C's talking, it's not too difficult to figure out 80% of the trade.

For what it's worth, Bulpett's been reporting pretty much exactly the same thing.

« Reply #498 on: December 18, 2014, 05:39:42 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Id feel 2% better if we can get wallace to dallas too

« Reply #499 on: December 18, 2014, 05:39:45 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Regardless of who sourced his previously released info, these recent tweets are clearly not from sources within Boston's org. Perhaps they are thoroughly vetted sources, but sources from other teams nonetheless, and those teams want to see Ainge publicly pressured to make a decision.
Or they are, and someone with the Celtics is trying to lure a team that is not the Mavs to up their offer.

OTOH, Bulpett is talking about "league sources", so...

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/celtics_insider/2014/12/celtics_likely_to_trade_rajon_rondo_within_days
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #500 on: December 18, 2014, 05:39:51 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Boston has reached the point of no return on a Rondo deal and Danny Ainge is moving fast toward sifting offers and making his best deal.

Wojo

Wowwwwwwwwww

Skeptical. Woj doesn't like DA. Could he be trying to pressure him?

That recent exposé piece aside, Woj is almost always right on the money with trade talk.

Regardless of who sourced his previously released info, these recent tweets are clearly not from sources within Boston's org. Perhaps they are thoroughly vetted sources, but sources from other teams nonetheless, and those teams want to see Ainge publicly pressured to make a decision.

Fair enough, but I've seen enough from credible sources (including Steve Bulpett) to make me believe this is less pressuring and posturing and more a reflection of reality.

I read Bulpett's article early this morning/late last night, and see he's going on Herald radio to discuss the latest developments. I'll tune in.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #501 on: December 18, 2014, 05:39:52 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
methinks someone else is going to have to take Green & Felton in a larger deal to make this work. 

Wright + Crowder = $6M while Rondo = $13M...
Can't add Green without adding Chandler (in a two-team deal, that is). However, toss in Felton or Harris into the deal as proposed, and the numbers work.

Didn't think I could feel even more sick from this deal...
I'm not sure why you weren't from the get-go. It's painfully clear that the Mavs have very little to offer for Rondo, so if there is really that much talk with them, there must be something we don't know.

Oh no I was, and I agree with you. There's no way that trade is reality

« Reply #502 on: December 18, 2014, 05:40:18 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Saw Indiana mentioned in one rumor.

Hill, Watson, Whittington, 2015 unprotected 1st (currently #9 overall), 2017 1st
<=>
Rondo

Indiana likely would rise a few spots, but at 8-18 I doubt they get higher than #14 pick with Rondo  on board. Next year, George would return and if Rondo signs, they could start Rondo / George / West / Hibbert together.

Boston gets the two picks it is seeking, with one at least mid-round.

Source? I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

I'm telling you - get him to Indiana!

« Reply #503 on: December 18, 2014, 05:41:10 PM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
Thats just a terrible trade!! Don't know wether to laugh or to cry.. What exactly does ainge see in wright???
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

« Reply #504 on: December 18, 2014, 05:41:24 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
2 minutes ago

@HPbasketball on the bright side, we get to watch Heinson try to compare Brandan Wright to Bill Russell.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #505 on: December 18, 2014, 05:43:07 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Or they are, and someone with the Celtics is trying to lure a team that is not the Mavs to up their offer.

OTOH, Bulpett is talking about "league sources", so...

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/celtics_insider/2014/12/celtics_likely_to_trade_rajon_rondo_within_days

TP for the link.

2 minutes ago

@HPbasketball on the bright side, we get to watch Heinson try to compare Brandan Wright to Bill Russell.

Lulz.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #506 on: December 18, 2014, 05:43:46 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
2 minutes ago

Makes me want to cry...

« Reply #507 on: December 18, 2014, 05:44:02 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
People think GMs are feeding garbage to Woj to get DA to lower the price. I think it's the other way round. I think DA is saying "Reeeealllyyyy? I can get allll that?" in order to get other GMs to raise the price. Maybe even told Rondo. My bet is at the end of the day nothing happens. Get that Brandan Wright and a pick bs out of here.

« Reply #508 on: December 18, 2014, 05:47:33 PM »

Offline DrJasper

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
I hope you're right! Would loose all faith in our frontoffice if they would accept that BS
Memphis Grizzlies
PG: Dragic, Ball, Carter
SG: Temple, KCP, Holiday, Washburn
SF: Richardson, Anderson, Parsons, Casspi
PF: Jackson jr, Beasley, Watanabe
C: Adebayo, Green, Noah
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/teams/Memphis-Grizzlies/14/Rosters/Regular/2019  +21 Lal 2nd

« Reply #509 on: December 18, 2014, 05:47:54 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

This is going to bum me out for a while if it happens.

This is exactly where I am at.

I could deal with Rondo being traded, if we were getting a good return.  But the rumors floating around stink.