Author Topic: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade  (Read 112122 times)

Re: ESPN: Celtics and Mavs discussing Rondo trade
« Reply #480 on: December 18, 2014, 05:33:26 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Man when this is what teams are willing to offer for your best player... you know your team is in the dumps... to think a few months back we were excited over Love and now this... being a fan of this team right now is really depressing

« Reply #481 on: December 18, 2014, 05:33:45 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Boston has reached the point of no return on a Rondo deal and Danny Ainge is moving fast toward sifting offers and making his best deal.

Wojo

Wowwwwwwwwww

Hoo boy.  It might really be happening, and I haven't seen a single asset named that I'm at all excited about. 

KG + Pierce made a lot of sense despite no one great asset in the mix, but this is a guy who could contribute through 2020 at least.  Just doesn't make sense.
this.  Hey does anyone know if this is all according to unnamed "sources"?

« Reply #482 on: December 18, 2014, 05:34:05 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I sure as hell hope that there is a third party involved if this DAL rumor is true.
I would guess this is why the deal has yet to be completed. I'm trying to think of what contending team could use a player like Brandan Wright coming off their bench.

PHX for IT?

I'd hope we could pry Bledsoe if it was PHX. A Smart Bledsoe backcourt would be great if an extended rebuild is the path we're seamlessly heading toward

Okay, any time that I see 'IT,' I think that we're talking about computers, lol. ;) ;D  That aside, even though I do like Bledsoe a lot, his knees won't hold up for the duration of the contract that he signed in this past offseason.  I believe that in at least one of his knees, there's practically no cartilage left, so we'd practically be dealing with a bone-on-bone situation, already at 23-24.  Yikes.  So, yeah, no thanks, and the same as far as IT ;D is concerned.

« Reply #483 on: December 18, 2014, 05:34:59 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
This is gonna break the internet.

« Reply #484 on: December 18, 2014, 05:35:01 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Boston has reached the point of no return on a Rondo deal and Danny Ainge is moving fast toward sifting offers and making his best deal.

Wojo

Wowwwwwwwwww

Skeptical. Woj doesn't like DA. Could he be trying to pressure him?

That recent exposé piece aside, Woj is almost always right on the money with trade talk.

Regardless of who sourced his previously released info, these recent tweets are clearly not from sources within Boston's org. Perhaps they are thoroughly vetted sources, but sources from other teams nonetheless, and those teams want to see Ainge publicly pressured to make a decision.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #485 on: December 18, 2014, 05:35:26 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
methinks someone else is going to have to take Green & Felton in a larger deal to make this work. 

Wright + Crowder = $6M while Rondo = $13M...
Can't add Green without adding Chandler (in a two-team deal, that is). However, toss in Felton or Harris into the deal as proposed, and the numbers work.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #486 on: December 18, 2014, 05:36:06 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2986
Boston has traded Rajon Rondo to NBC's Basketball Talk for Sean Highkin and rampant Twitter speculation, league source confirms.

This freaked me out when I read it, because I initially thought a deal had gone down lol

« Reply #487 on: December 18, 2014, 05:36:35 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
methinks someone else is going to have to take Green & Felton in a larger deal to make this work. 

Can't add Green without adding Chandler (in a two-team deal, that is). However, toss in Felton or Harris into the deal as proposed, and the numbers work.

Didn't think I could feel even more sick from this deal...

« Reply #488 on: December 18, 2014, 05:37:23 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

Wojo

Wowwwwwwwwww

That recent exposé piece aside, Woj is almost always right on the money with trade talk.

Regardless of who sourced his previously released info, these recent tweets are clearly not from sources within Boston's org. Perhaps they are thoroughly vetted sources, but sources from other teams nonetheless, and those teams want to see Ainge publicly pressured to make a decision.

Fair enough, but I've seen enough from credible sources (including Steve Bulpett) to make me believe this is less pressuring and posturing and more a reflection of reality.

« Reply #489 on: December 18, 2014, 05:37:34 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Boston has traded Rajon Rondo to NBC's Basketball Talk for Sean Highkin and rampant Twitter speculation, league source confirms.

This freaked me out when I read it, because I initially thought a deal had gone down lol

Three times in a row I've gotten halfway through and gotten a jolt before I read the rest of it!

« Reply #490 on: December 18, 2014, 05:37:42 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
If the Cs are indeed going to trade directly with Dallas, I really hope they get (my binky) Greg Smith in the deal...

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #491 on: December 18, 2014, 05:38:25 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Three times in a row I've gotten halfway through and gotten a jolt before I read the rest of it!

Eh, i would expect to read the real thing in a couple hours...
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #492 on: December 18, 2014, 05:38:30 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Didn't think I could feel even more sick from this deal...
I'm not sure why you weren't from the get-go. It's painfully clear that the Mavs have very little to offer for Rondo, so if there is really that much talk with them, there must be something we don't know.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #493 on: December 18, 2014, 05:38:45 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

You'll like Highkin, he's pretty good at setting up tweet lobs.

« Reply #494 on: December 18, 2014, 05:38:46 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Wojo

Wowwwwwwwwww

It was a great exposé.  But is Woj as good with Celtics news as he is with other teams?  He's not normally my first go-to on the C's -- Mannix and Bulpett seem to have a better clue what's going on here.  He's hedged in several Rondo posts today -- saying that something is likely to get done soon isn't a great prediction.

He'll get a hat-tip from me tho if Wright, Crowder, and a 2015 1st come over.  That said, there's a limit as to what players can be involved, thanks to salary matching CBA rules, the Celtics desire to not take on much future salary, and the players the Mavs won't trade due to team importance.  If you hear it's the Mavs and C's talking, it's not too difficult to figure out 80% of the trade.