Author Topic: Jackie Mac "Rondo has told the Celtics he wants out- it will happen"  (Read 67707 times)

Re: Jackie Mac "Rondo has told the Celtics he wants out- it will happen"
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2014, 04:46:42 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I like Jackie, but I don't believe this for a minute. I don't see Danny trading his captain and best player.

So far he is a clown and an overrated role player. Anything I missed?

« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2014, 05:35:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2991
God, great find. How freakin' depressing though.....ugh!

I mean if you think about it, if it's true that he said he's leaving- it's not for nothing.
He'll stay if we bring in the pieces to keep him. That's the problem though, how the hell do we get our hands on those pieces before next off season?

That's why I was yelling at the stars to lose those last ten games .  Tank right .

So....now LeBron control s the serious player movement in the east .  No other team in the East can gather up the talent pool to challenge him . 

Rondo sees as many of us ,  there is no chance of Boston acquiring elite talent to make noise in the next two years .  .....

Our team is loaded with a junk players , contracts waiting to expire and a few young rookies.

Until the junk contracts are turn over Lottery picks can join the team,  unless LeBron gets hurt , which could tumble the AppleCart ...Boston won't be back for three years ...or till James fails and goes west.

« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2014, 06:26:33 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I don't believe it, she needs more people.

Where is he going exactly? Which team can afford him and are in a position to be better than us? Who, the broke down Lakers?? Oh Sac. LOL? Are you people serious??? I can't with these rumors. GOH!

There is a reason she didn't come out and say it, let her pretend she's just talking on the side, if she's wrong... it wasn't official, just some side talk.  ::)

When did RR announce this news exactly? Last week when he was helping them do the IBC? Really, are they all so fake that they would come together and joke with one another and have fun if this was some Love/Melo situation?
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2014, 06:38:48 PM »

Offline zimbo

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 34
Video is removed. Any one by capture it before it was removed.  :-\

« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2014, 06:39:50 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
One thing I haven't seen much of in the thread:

What if Rondo is being a professional about the process instead of calling attention to it? What if, Rondo understands that Danny Ainge won't give him away for nothing, and also understands that until he establishes he's capable of his previous levels of play and that last year was an outlier, teams won't come with serious offers?

And the leverage Rondo has here, right now, it's pretty minimal. If it came down to a stare down between Danny and Rondo, Danny wins, because other teams don't have an offer on the table that's worth a crap outside of Sacramento, and that's barely worth a crap anyways.

So Rondo throws a public hissy-fit, gets his agent to leak a bunch of stuff, hell even says he'll sit out until he's dealt or Danny brings on another star. Well, great. The Celtics will continue to suck, and Danny will be in the exact same situation at the trade deadline that he's at now.

This is a lot like the Love situation, except in that case, Flip Saunders had a half-dozen serious suitors with decent assets to move. In this case, there's rumors of the Knicks holding a 3-day old cheeseburger from five-guys and two expired tickets to Book of Mormons show that happened last April, there's a kings offer that Rondo won't commit to resigning to, and there's....nothing. Nothing else. No rumors, aside from, "Houston may want in, but they want everybody."

So Rondo and Danny are on the same team right now. There needs to be a market, or the Celtics need to improve.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2014, 06:59:04 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

What if Rondo is being a professional about the process instead of calling attention to it? What if, Rondo understands that Danny Ainge won't give him away for nothing, and also understands that until he establishes he's capable of his previous levels of play and that last year was an outlier, teams won't come with serious offers?

And the leverage Rondo has here, right now, it's pretty minimal. If it came down to a stare down between Danny and Rondo, Danny wins, because other teams don't have an offer on the table that's worth a crap outside of Sacramento, and that's barely worth a crap anyways.

So Rondo throws a public hissy-fit, gets his agent to leak a bunch of stuff, hell even says he'll sit out until he's dealt or Danny brings on another star. Well, great. The Celtics will continue to suck, and Danny will be in the exact same situation at the trade deadline that he's at now.

This is a lot like the Love situation, except in that case, Flip Saunders had a half-dozen serious suitors with decent assets to move. In this case, there's rumors of the Knicks holding a 3-day old cheeseburger from five-guys and two expired tickets to Book of Mormons show that happened last April, there's a kings offer that Rondo won't commit to resigning to, and there's....nothing. Nothing else. No rumors, aside from, "Houston may want in, but they want everybody."

So Rondo and Danny are on the same team right now. There needs to be a market, or the Celtics need to improve.

If you look at all of the star players that were traded in Rondo's situation they all made it known in a big way that they were leaving. Rondo hasn't done that. There's probably been more rumors about teams wanting Rondo than there were for any of those players before they said they were leaving.

« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2014, 07:15:57 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I like Jackie, but I don't believe this for a minute. I don't see Danny trading his captain and best player.

how is he a clown?

« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2014, 07:26:49 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

If you look at all of the star players that were traded in Rondo's situation they all made it known in a big way that they were leaving. Rondo hasn't done that. There's probably been more rumors about teams wanting Rondo than there were for any of those players before they said they were leaving.

Well, yes and no. What other All-Star players were coming off an injury of Rondo's severity, after an atrocious year like Rondo just had? It's unique against the 'pattern'

« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2014, 07:32:33 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2583

how is he a clown?

Ya, I don't see it either  he's had a few curious personality moments, but far outweighed IMO by intelligence, hard work, intensity in the playoffs.  I wonder if a role player has ever averaged a triple-double in a playoff series. 

He may not pan out to be a max player, but not overrated. He seems to be generally rated about where he is -- when healthy, an all-star capable PG, in just about everyone's top 8 in the league. 

« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2014, 08:25:39 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Season can't get here fast enough.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2014, 08:31:03 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

how is he a clown?

Ya, I don't see it either  he's had a few curious personality moments, but far outweighed IMO by intelligence, hard work, intensity in the playoffs.  I wonder if a role player has ever averaged a triple-double in a playoff series. 

He may not pan out to be a max player, but not overrated. He seems to be generally rated about where he is -- when healthy, an all-star capable PG, in just about everyone's top 8 in the league.

Except on celtcsblog

« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2014, 08:32:15 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I still think we could get Nash and randle for rondo. Maybe throw in Lin for Wallace too.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2014, 08:58:53 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
It probably means nothing but Woj says the Kings are trading Jason Terry to Houston for a bunch of unguaranteed contracts.

Mike

« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2014, 09:07:27 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
It probably means nothing but Woj says the Kings are trading Jason Terry to Houston for a bunch of unguaranteed contracts.

Mike

I wonder if Robert Covington is included. Be a sham, Houston was grooming him. Also a shame for me because I'm a believer in Troy Daniels.

« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2014, 09:11:09 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Mike

Don't assume that.

Non guaranteeds, stauskas, and mclemore Is a deal that would make him think. Lotto picks in the last two years and cap savings to get below the luxury tax. Stauskas and mclemore don't fit on our roster but they're still assets which Ainge, as he should, loves to collect.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 09:17:58 PM by Kane3387 »

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14