Author Topic: Danny is lost  (Read 18802 times)

Re: Danny is lost
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2014, 09:45:27 PM »

Online cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
It'd be nice when people ask me who my favoirte player on the Celtics is that I dont have to always respond with, I don't know yet, I'll let you know next year. ::)

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2014, 09:49:56 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Ainge should be fired. He screwed up the tank and has done nothing other than keep a friendship with McHale which caused the KG trade to happen. He did a good job with the Brooklyn trade too. But the fact he has decided to keep Rondo is awful. Horrible management and Ainge should resign and someone who is committed to the right plan for a mid market team should be hired. Bottom out and tank harder this year. Okafor for 2015!

Screwed up the tank????? Cleveland had a better record then us and still got no.1 pick

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2014, 09:51:03 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
It'd be nice when people ask me who my favoirte player on the Celtics is that I dont have to always respond with, I don't know yet, I'll let you know next year. ::)

Everyone knows the best player on the team is Rajon Bradley.

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2014, 09:54:09 PM »

Offline sammy33773377

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 4
I've heard more times than  I can ever count about how "far" ahead in rebuilding Philly is compared to us. There's one thing about that:

19-63
34-48
35-31
41-41
27-55
41-41
40-42
35-47
38-44

That's Philly's record for almost the last decade. That's why they are ahead of us, because they've been at best, irrelevant and a worst, a joke in that time. We've been bad 1 year and everyone wants us to be in Philly's place yesterday.

I'd much rather have Danny make no deals rather than sell low on players or give up a ton of our picks just to make us irrelevant or worse, like the Atlanta Hawks of the past 6 six years.

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2014, 09:57:55 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Reasons

- hires a coach with zero nba coaching experience. This to me is a signal for a full rebuild
- but he doesnt do that. Keeps Rondo, Bass, Green. If we trade all of these guys we def get a top 3 or 4 pick
-  cant find a way to trade wallace, humphries, bogans
- lets everyone know that Rondo is here to stay for the long run
- then drafts Smart (and Young)  instead of addressing some serious needs upfront (like having one flat tire)
- doesnt pickup Asik, Afflalo, Louis Williams, Lucas Nogueira (all that would of cost a fair price to obtain)
- cant bring in any top undrafted players to the SL squad.

- the 76ers at least are going about their rebuild in a "pure" fashion.

Does Danny even have a plan?? I find him always wanting to chase the ideals, pack on the assets(usually crowded at the same area) but lacks vision. Maybe mcdanough was the real brains when he was still here.
I can handle and be patient during a rebuild. But cant tolerate mess.

Anyone else frustrated?

I'm frustrated by how much you contradict yourself, and by the fact that you blindly assert things without any supporting evidence.

What are you talking about? I already stated with one of my points above we lost out on Asik, Afflalo when we could of had them without overpaying.   

Do you want numerical data evidence or something

No. As I said, I would prefer it if you stopped contradicting yourself and blindly asserting things without supporting evidence.

As an example of the first thing, you cannot simultaneously criticize Ainge for not pursuing a "full rebuild" a la Philly and for not acquiring Asik/Afflalo. That's a logical contradiction.

As an example of the second thing, you cannot assert that if we trade certain players we "def get a top 3 or 4 pick." That's a blind assertion with no supporting evidence.

That's what I'm talking about.

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2014, 09:58:04 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I've heard more times than  I can ever count about how "far" ahead in rebuilding Philly is compared to us. There's one thing about that:

19-63
34-48
35-31
41-41
27-55
41-41
40-42
35-47
38-44

That's Philly's record for almost the last decade. That's why they are ahead of us, because they've been at best, irrelevant and a worst, a joke in that time. We've been bad 1 year and everyone wants us to be in Philly's place yesterday.

I'd much rather have Danny make no deals rather than sell low on players or give up a ton of our picks just to make us irrelevant or worse, like the Atlanta Hawks of the past 6 six years.

Your first post is a good one. TP.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2014, 09:58:08 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Reasons

- hires a coach with zero nba coaching experience. This to me is a signal for a full rebuild
- but he doesnt do that. Keeps Rondo, Bass, Green. If we trade all of these guys we def get a top 3 or 4 pick
-  cant find a way to trade wallace, humphries, bogans
- lets everyone know that Rondo is here to stay for the long run
- then drafts Smart (and Young)  instead of addressing some serious needs upfront (like having one flat tire)
- doesnt pickup Asik, Afflalo, Louis Williams, Lucas Nogueira (all that would of cost a fair price to obtain)
- cant bring in any top undrafted players to the SL squad.

- the 76ers at least are going about their rebuild in a "pure" fashion.

Does Danny even have a plan?? I find him always wanting to chase the ideals, pack on the assets(usually crowded at the same area) but lacks vision. Maybe mcdanough was the real brains when he was still here.
I can handle and be patient during a rebuild. But cant tolerate mess.

Anyone else frustrated?

I'm frustrated by how much you contradict yourself, and by the fact that you blindly assert things without any supporting evidence.

What are you talking about? I already stated with one of my points above we lost out on Asik, Afflalo when we could of had them without overpaying.   

Do you want numerical data evidence or something

I would like to see the details of Danny's proposals to acquire Asik & Afflalo.

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2014, 10:02:04 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Some of the moves Ainge could of done by now imo:

- Trade Green and Bass for a 1st and expiring contracts/propects
- Use the 1st to obtain Asik (create the space somehow or it should of been done last season)
- Trade a future 1st , 2nd pick, 2014 6th pick, salary match for Afflalo and the 2014 4th pick
- Trade Rondo to the Kings for the 8th pick and Mclemore

The lineup then would of looked like

Asik
KO/Sully
Afflalo
Mclemore
Exum (4th pick)

Bench
James Young (17th pick)
etc.

Saric (8th pick) draft and stash

Would you rather have this lineup above that is ready to make the playoffs and has a bright future ahead or the one today which is ready for tank part 2??

Ainge also stated to the Celtics fans after last season was over to get ready for some fireworks (sounds like adding vets, get ready to make the playoffs next season).  Then around draft time he tones it down and says "we'd like to be a relevant team next year, but you can't force it". While Asik , Afflalo are being traded for low value

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2014, 10:05:44 PM »

fitzhickey

- Use the 1st to obtain Asik (create the space somehow or it should of been done last season)
- Trade a future 1st , 2nd pick, 2014 6th pick, salary match for Afflalo and the 2014 4th pick

Asik
KO/Sully
Afflalo
Mclemore
Exum (4th pick)

Bench
James Young (17th pick)
etc.

Would you rather have this lineup above that is ready to make the playoffs and has a bright future ahead or the one today which is ready for tank part 2??

Ainge also stated to the Celtics fans after last season was over to get ready for some fireworks (sounds like adding vets, get ready to make the playoffs next season).  Then around draft time he tones it down and says "we'd like to be a relevant team next year, but you can't force it". While Asik , Afflalo are being traded for low value
That team would be disgusting in the playoffs. Way too youth dependent

« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2014, 10:11:40 PM »

Offline KJ33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 78
Wyc is the one who mentioned fireworks, not Danny. I suspect Danny cringed when he heard those quotes knowing what he could do is limited by trading partners like Minnesota for example.

« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2014, 10:12:47 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122

Asik
KO/Sully
Afflalo
Mclemore
Exum (4th pick)

Bench
James Young (17th pick)
etc.

Please dont assume this team would even make it to the playoffs. It looks a lot like Afflalo's team last year in Orlando, and we were on par with their record.
It's nice to dream of a young core to build around, but ppl on here would still complain cuz it would take 4-5 years before that proposed team would be anywhere near playoff contention
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2014, 10:14:39 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
If this team wins 25 games again - which is a distinct possibility if Danny doesn't bring in a legitimate scorer (like Love for example...lol) these boards are going to be real fun.  The Fire Danny crowd is already trying to locate their pitchforks...  :)

« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2014, 10:16:29 PM »

Offline spelz

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 13
Why is Danny "lost"?  Why should he be fired.  I love how everybody says we should trade this for that or we should have picked up so and so.  Trading is a two way street.  This is not fantasy basketball, every GM in this league knows more than us average fans.  Some trades work out and some don't, but you can't get every trade you want. 

I believe Danny has earned my respect with his previous dealing to be allowed some time to tune this roster.  Last year's trade with Brooklyn was highway robbery.  We received three first round picks for three old players.  The original KG trade was also a great deal.  As far as free agents, how many free agents have come running to Boston in the last 30 years.  Boston is not a desirable spot for most players.  It is COLD in Boston!

Being patient is hard to do, but it is the right route.  I remember Pitino trading away young talent in order to win now.  That didn't work.

« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2014, 10:21:45 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435

Asik
KO/Sully
Afflalo
Mclemore
Exum (4th pick)

Bench
James Young (17th pick)
etc.

I don't think a team with McLemore and Exum as starting guards makes the playoffs.

« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2014, 10:25:32 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Asik
KO/Sully
Afflalo
Mclemore
Exum (4th pick)

Bench
James Young (17th pick)
etc.

Afflalo - who had a better season than Bass or Green - was only good enough to get to get a bench player and a late 2nd. How were we getting 1sts for Bass and Green?  Please tell us the teams that would've done that.

I don't think Danny should've given up a 1st for Asik. Houston needed him off the books.New Orleans overpaid. Just because they've given away 1sts like Halloween candy (they gave up 2 lottery picks for Jrue Holiday for crying out loud), doesn't mean we should start doing it too.

There were reports that Danny tried moving up. But just because he wanted to move up doesn't mean other teams were willing to move down. It take at least TWO teams to complete a trade.

McLemore. Is he even a starting caliber player at this point? Because his rookie season would suggest otherwise. I'm not saying he can't get better, but you've got him slotted in as a starting two guard on a team that's supposed to make the playoffs. There's nothing to suggest otherwise.

And regarding that lineup you have there, those are all lateral moves at best. You still have young guys who need to contribute right away to get anywhere. You've removed Rondo/Bass/Green/Bradley and replaced it with Asik/Afflalo.Talk about uundervaluing your own players and overvaluing another team's guys. Afflalo is 29 and had the best season of his career last year on a terrible team. But yeah, that guy will be much better for us than our 4-time all-star point guard... ::)
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman