Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery  (Read 329430 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Points Hoops League: 2014 Offseason: Post Lottery
« Reply #585 on: June 05, 2015, 11:42:39 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
How do you know his name is Christian?
Same reason everyone knows my name is David.

Anyways.  Moving on... After solving my roster crunch (two pending trades), I don't have much incentive to make offers (I had 16 players and 7 draft picks... now I have 14 players and 3 draft picks).  As a sign of good faith, I'll banish myself from proposing trade offers to any of you guys for a week. 

#26 is available to whoever offers me the highest 2016 draft pick.

Feel free to engage me in offers: 

Your 2015-16 Bellevue Leprechauns:

1 - Andrew Wiggins
2 - Jabari Parker
3 - Joel Embiid
4 - Nerlens Noel
5 - Aaron Gordon
6 - Dante Exum
7 - Ben Mclemore
8 - Bismack Biyombo
9 - Otto Porter Jr
10 - Nik Stauskas
11 - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
12 - Julius Randle
13 - Jrue Holiday
14 - Khris Middleton
15 - [Karl-Anthony Towns]
16 - [Okafor or Russell]

Let's bring this back to FBB. I like a little drama, but the personal stuff is too much.

Since LB posted his roster, let's take a closer look.

NOTE: This is my personal eval of the talent that LB has accumulated base on assembling a team to compete for the title down the road. Results next season are not of consequence. Anyone can feel free to do the same to my roster or if someone wants me to eval theirs so u can call me a ninny afterwards, I would be happy to ;)

While I do agree that LB has done a magnificent job of accumulating high lottery talent from the past few drafts, I have to wonder if this may end up back firing on him. I see a lot of "names" with great potential, but I also see a lot of risk:

What we know:
1 - Andrew Wiggins (potential 40-50 ppg wing)
14 - Khris Middleton (Trevor Ariza clone, perhaps slightly higher ceiling.)

Fractures within the past 12 months:
3 - Joel Embiid (foot & back)
5 - Aaron Gordon (foot)
12 - Julius Randle (leg)
13 - Jrue Holiday (leg)

Torn ACLs within past 18 months:
2 - Jabari Parker
4 - Nerlens Noel

One torn ACL doesn't bother me much. Blake tore his ACL and has been rolling since his recovery.

Additional surgeries to fixed botch screws and rods withing the past 6 months:
13 - Jrue Holiday (leg)
12 - Julius Randle (foot)

Stress reactions in the past 6 months:
11 - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (foot)

Surgeries in HS:
12 - Julius Randle (foot)
4 - Nerlens Noel (knee)

Still very raw, but has shown potential:
6 - Dante Exum - Monster on D, opponents scored 6 less pts/100 when Dante was on the floor. Mouse on O, his team scored 6 less pts/100 when on Dante floor.  ??? ??? ???

7 - Ben Mclemore - Slow to develop, but we knew that. Should flourish under George Karl's high scoring offense.

9 - Otto Porter Jr  -Showed nice development from his rookie season. Blossomed in the post season. Breakout candidate going into next season.

Still very raw, but has shown us nothing but the $$$$:
10 - Nik Stauskas

Role players with potential both ways
8 - Bismack Biyombo

Bis can't score. By can't score, I mean hands of stone and the shooting touch of a catapult. He plays C and measure 6' 8" w/o shoes at the scouting combine. That said, if CP3 was his teams PG, he would be a smaller version of DeAndre Jordan b/c Bismack can rebound and block shots with the best. With a shooting PG like Kemba, he's relegated to garbage/injury time.

Draft Picks
15 - [Karl-Anthony Towns]
16 - [Okafor or Russell]

Who knows?

From everything that I have read, Towns is the real deal. Okafor is at worst Boozer, probably Big Al, and a ceiling of Cousins. However, if history has taught us anything, it is that there is no certainty in the top 2, e.g. Oden-Durant, Bargs-LMA, Dwight-Okafor, LBJ-Darko, Rose-Beasley, Blake-Thabeet, Wall-Turner, Kyrie-Williams, Bennett-VO.

The one potential advantage LB has is that our draft is in October. He'll get to eval the top players and select who he believes is the best, e.g. Frank "the tank" Kaminsky. However, if he sticks with his current plan of making selection based off of draft position, he may end up with this drafts, Oden/Bargs/Okafor/Darko/Beasley/Thabeet/Turner/Williams/Bennett.

Estimated 2015/16 PPG

PG Dante Exum            18
PG Jrue Holiday          25
SG Khris Middleton       28
SG Otto Porter Jr        28
SF Andrew Wiggins        35
SF Jabari Parker         33
PF Karl-Anthony Towns    28
PF Okafor or Russell     28
C Joel Embiid            27
C Nerlens Noel           38
U Michael Kidd-Gilchrist 30

Est. Starter Total: 318
Est. Starters Ave: 28.9

B Ben Mclemore          23
B Aaron Gordon          21
B Bismack Biyombo       18
B Julius Randle         18
B Nik Stauskas          10

If this team develops and can stay relatively healthy, it has real potential. I really like the depth. It's probably a year away for breaking into the top 2-3 teams/30+ppg average.

I have to give big props to LB for first, having a plan and second, sticking with it for two seasons. TP!

Needless to say, I can't wait for next season to see how all of this flushes out.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #586 on: June 05, 2015, 12:01:11 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Seems optimistic.   More likely they all suffer career ending injuries.   Should be interesting, though. 

If Otto porter jr makes that kind of leap, I'll be rather happy. 

If jrue holiday goes from averaging 35-38fp his entire career to suddenly 25fp, I'll be a bit disappointed.

I still might take Russell in the draft. We will see how I feel in September.

I disagree on stauskas.  He upped his shooting percentages to 42%/42%/86% in the second half of the season. His rookie season went very much like mac's.   95% of this forum thought stauskas had a better future and one rough rookie season (on that disaster of a franchise)  shouldnt have changed opinions that wildly.   He will flourish as Boston's starting shooting guard.

Also biyombo flourished as a starter last season.  He's a point per minute guy. He's 22 years old.  Looking forward to seeing where he is starting next year.

I agree with you on juiius randle.  It's going to be tough for him to find minutes next year backing up Kevin Love on the Lakers. Here's hoping he gets traded.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:17:25 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #587 on: June 05, 2015, 12:21:51 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Mkogov, do Rondo2287 next.  I think his young team is even better set up than my own for the future... And he has a few guys who are already stars.

« Reply #588 on: June 05, 2015, 12:26:30 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
No offense MK, but I don't want you doing me :)
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #589 on: June 05, 2015, 12:29:16 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2741

I'd be totally happy for Mk to evaluate my team. No worries if you are harsh on any players, the roster is what it is.

« Reply #590 on: June 05, 2015, 12:33:30 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
i think he should do everyone. It's only fair.  He should start with you, though. I have been by far the most impressed with your work as GM over the past two years (based on trades, not current success).   Actually, it's a toss up between you and barefacedmonk.  Bfm doesn't get enough credit for what he pulled off a couple years ago.  But your team is loaded with great young talent and you are flush with dozens of high picks.  You play the mind games as well as anyone I've ever seen. I'm impressed.

« Reply #591 on: June 05, 2015, 12:38:00 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff

Current Utah Flash Assets & Availability
(Friday June 5th, 2015)

Nope
Elfrid Payton
Marcus Smart
Dennis Schröder
Andre Drummond
Gordon Hayward
Rudy Gobert

Listening With Half An Ear
Robert Covington
Evan Fournier
Kelly "Goon Squad" Olynyk
Greivis Vasquez
(new)

Wont Sell Low, But I Will Listen
Lance Stephenson

Probably Wont Consider Moving Until RFA Is Settled
Will Barton

Prospects That You Will Be Happy To WAAAAY Over-Pay For
Nikola JokicNikola Jokic expected to sign with Denver Nuggets
Archie Goodwin (new)Archie Goodwin Named NBA D-League Showcase Cup Championship MVP
Thanasis AntetokounmpoAgent: Knicks intend to sign Thanasis Antetokounmpo to contract
Walter TavaresWalter Tavares: Atlanta’s Future Rim Protector
Walter Tavares: The next Rudy Gobert?
James EnnisConfidence led Heat rookie James Ennis to improve his game
Mike MuscalaMike Muscala: Time To Let The Moose Loose

2015 Draft Picks
#22 (Rondo's #2)

2016 Draft Picks
UF #1 (projected #12 based on 2014 finish)
UF #2 (projected #32 based on 2014 finish)

Act now before it's too late!!!

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #592 on: June 05, 2015, 12:40:08 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff

I'd be totally happy for Mk to evaluate my team. No worries if you are harsh on any players, the roster is what it is.

I'll do TB's roster, since Rondo declined ;)

I am always honest in evals, especially with my own roster.

Mk

DKC Knicks

« Reply #593 on: June 05, 2015, 02:12:15 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
i think he should do everyone. It's only fair.  He should start with you, though.

c'mon LarBird... if you want people to respect when you ask them to stop doing something (posting inappropriate stuff on flutter), you gotta do that for other folks.

don't keep needling folks if they say no... same as in trade discussions

#goldenrule

----------------

also... what does Mk know??? has he ever won anything?? (I mean i know he came in SECOND in the h2h league this year.... I hear the winning team had a Morrow infusion  :P)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 02:20:25 PM by Gainesville Celtic »
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #594 on: June 05, 2015, 02:20:09 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

Estimated 2015/16 PPG

well... maybe "haters gonna hate" i think Mk is trying to put a hex on Randle as he's set to (re)join the world champion Gainesville Celtics this fall in the h2h league.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #595 on: June 05, 2015, 02:21:49 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Ryno and Wes are on the move. DDs organization would like to thank the two for their service.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #596 on: June 05, 2015, 02:27:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
i think he should do everyone. It's only fair.  He should start with you, though.

c'mon LarBird... if you want people to respect when you ask them to stop doing something (posting inappropriate stuff on flutter), you gotta do that for other folks.

Hey I never asked to have my entire team over-analyzed by mkogav either.  It certainly can be argued that mkogav's well-respected public opinion could have detrimental consequences for Bellevue's future trade options.  I was just saying that since he did it, he should just turn it into an entire series... Mkogav's 2015-16 Season Preview.  Only fair that he does everyone.  :)

« Reply #597 on: June 05, 2015, 02:38:09 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff

It's pretty clear that TB's roster is in the early stages of a full rebuild. Let's see what he has going on.

Top Tier Productive Prospects
Jusuf Nurkic - What's not to love about the 7' 280 pound 20 y/o C? He averaged 21ppg in a merge 17.5 minutes per game. He's a beast! Well the one thing not to like is that he missed a lot of time with a sprained ankle and then has patellar tendon surgery. Like ACL surgery, it's very recoverable, but it's something to monitor going forward.

Top Tier TBD Prospects
Noah Vonleh - Hornets coach Steve Clifford is slow to play rookies. To make matters worse, Vonleh missed all of his rookie training camp b/c of appendix surgery. When force into playing Vonleh, he looked raw, but u can see the lottery talent; super athletic, plus rebounder, 3pt range. I expect he will work his way into next seasons rotation, but I would not expect a huge initial leap.
Dario Saric - Not expected to come to the NBA until next year. TBD.

Mid Tier TBD Prospects
Perry Jones - #FreePerryJones Perry needs to get out of OKC. The kids has talent. Scott Brook was a TERRIBLE coach.
Jeremy Lamb - #FreeJeremyLamb Speaking of getting out of OKC, the only player who needs it more than Perry is Jeremy Lamb.
Tyler Ennis - Pass first PG who has starter level talent. He's stuck behind MCW on the Bucks and needs either an injury or a trade to the right team to develop.

Rookie Prospects (I don't know if this list correct)
#6  - It's crucial that TB hits big with this pick. There will be a future 40ppg player available at #6. The question is whether TB can identify him by our Oct draft.
#14 - It's not as crucial that TB hit big at #14, but he can't miss either.

I view everyone below this point as short term trade assets. None of these players fit into the 3-yr projected 30+ppg starters that I (if I were in TB's place) would be looking for. If they gain trade value, I would flip them. For example, if Beasley looks like the start SF in Miami, I would flip him for a pick(s)/prospect(s) that I like otherwise, I would cut him. Perhaps if a player or two in the next section have good summer leagues, I may hold onto them, but if not they would be gone.

It's far more crucial for TB to hit one or two waiver wire gems next season then to hold onto a bunch of guys who have no hope to ever be 30ppg players. The waiver wire is ALWAYS neglected and underutilized.

Lower Tier TBD Prospects
Adreian Payne - I am not a fan. He's likely playing backup to Okafor & Dieng.
Damien Inglis - Never got PT b/c of injuries. A lot of scouts loved him in last years draft. It's difficult seeing him get much PT on the Bucks going forward.
Jerami Grant - Has a little talent. Sixers are a wild card. It's difficult to project him going forward, except he will likely back up Noel at PF.

Long Shots
Ray McCallum - Showed he had a little game last season, but not enough to make a case to be starter. I am not ready to throw in the towel on him, but he's likely a career backup who would better fit in a h2h cat league.
Isaiah Canaan - Like Ray, Isaiah is better in a cat format. The kid looks like he can develop into a lights out shooter, but I have doubt that he is a full-time starter. He's likely a career shooter off the bench.

Waiver Wire Wild Cards
Michael Beasley - Next season, he may be the starting SF or PF for the Miami Heat or the Guangdong Southern Tigers.
Kostas Pananikolaou - Kos best hope for PT is if he is flipped to Denver for Lawson. I just can see him getting any PT with the rockets. May go back to Europe.
Alexis Ajinca - He may be the starting center beside AD next season in NO or the start C in Barcelona.

Waiver Wire Material
Kyle Singler - He's a better fit in a h2h cat-based format. He could start 82 games at SG in OKC next season and average 15ppg (fan pts).

I don't believe there is a point in doing a ppg roster projection b/c TB's team is not built to produce and will likely finish in the bottom 3. Instead, here's a roster projection of players TB will have on his roster post 2015/16 season.

Spring 2016 Roster:

PG Tyler Ennis
PG Emmanuel Mudiay <DraftExpress #6>
SG Jeremy Lamb
SG <TBD via waiver addition or trade>
SF Perry Jones
SF <TBD via waiver addition or trade>
PF <TBD via waiver addition or trade>
PF Noah Vonleh
C  Jusuf Nurkic
<TBD via waiver addition or trade>
U Cameron Payne <DraftExpress #14)
B <empty holding spot for Dario Saric>

Waived or Traded:
Adreian Payne
Damien Inglis
Jerami Grant
Ray McCallum
Isaiah Canaan
Michael Beasley
Kostas Pananikolaou
Alexis Ajinca
Kyle Singler

Hopefully this whole thing doesn't come off as too harsh. My eval would be different for the H2H. However the Points League is a different beast. In the H2H league, Isaiah Canaan can get hot, from deep and win the 3pt category for a week. In the Points League, I can't see him as a year-year starter, in fbb producing 30 or 25 or 20 ppg, for the Sixers or anyone else. That said, he can be valuable to a contender as a short term fix or a rebuilding team like TB's as a trade asset.

Also, prospect evals are extremely difficult and subjective, sometime base on nothing more than a gut feeling. I am not an Adreian Payne fan, but I am sure TB is. Believe me, , if he starts putting up 15/10 every night, I will do a full 180 on him. ;)

Mk

DKC Knicks

« Reply #598 on: June 05, 2015, 02:38:10 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
Ryno and Wes are on the move. DDs organization would like to thank the two for their service.

What idiot would acquire a guy coming off a torn achilles?

« Reply #599 on: June 05, 2015, 02:39:58 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff

Estimated 2015/16 PPG

well... maybe "haters gonna hate" i think Mk is trying to put a hex on Randle as he's set to (re)join the world champion Gainesville Celtics this fall in the h2h league.

I am saving all my hater karma for Anthony "Two week MVP" Morrow.

Mk

DKC Knicks