Author Topic: The Draft Lottery thread  (Read 42890 times)

Re: The Draft Lottery thread
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2014, 12:14:19 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Well, been assuming the lottery would take place later in the day.  Looks like I will need to leave early to watch it live or just tape it, and turn off my phone.  Sucks but I will figure it out I suppose.

« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2014, 12:18:24 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Nevermind.  Just ran the official draft simulator and we ended up #2 (behind the jazz).  They took Parker, we took wiggins.  The lakers (at #3) took exum and embiid went #4.

Exum seems to be the real wild card here.  I don't think he has any chance to be #1 but he could end up being the best player.

« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2014, 12:19:38 PM »

Offline djbilly33

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 11
I'm predicting 6th for us, and the Lakers getting the #3 pick.  Winning those two games in a row at the end was stupid and pointless. I agree that the Lakers will get lucky and somehow we won't be even though we're suppose to have the luck of the Irish behind us.  If we land 6th I will be very upset and feel this season was a waste.  Trade the pick if we get 5 or higher.

« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2014, 12:22:37 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Nervous/excited/scared/relieved that it's draft lottery day.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2014, 12:22:56 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2989
I'm prepared to see the Lakers go #1.....their fans demand it......it is their privilege and right to have only the best players year after year...long rebuilds are not tolerated in LA?

Go ahead and give Wiggins a Lakers uniform .   

If there were a thousand balls in the bucket with the Lakers name on ONE ball ....they would win.

Realistically Celtics suck when it comes to LUCK factor..... We have been cursed with bad luck  after bad luck....you would think at some point in 30 years we'd get a break. 

I figure the Celtics picking 7 or 8th ...or mayb they forget to even put balls in the bucket for the Celtics.....LOL.  "Our luck is about that good with this kind of stuff.

We ll be picking from The likes of  Vonleh , Randle , Gordon or Smart. On Draft night.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 12:34:51 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2014, 12:24:03 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Also got a feeling a random team like the Pistons, Kings, or Nuggets are gonna win the lottery.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2014, 12:53:49 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I'm prepared to see the Lakers go #1.....their fans demand it......it is their privilege and right to have only the best players year after year...long rebuilds are not tolerated in LA?

Go ahead and give Wiggins a Lakers uniform .   

If there were a thousand balls in the bucket with the Lakers name on ONE ball ....they would win.

Realistically Celtics suck when it comes to LUCK factor..... We have been cursed with bad luck  after bad luck....you would think at some point in 30 years we'd get a break. 

I figure the Celtics picking 7 or 8th ...or mayb they forget to even put balls in the bucket for the Celtics.....LOL.  "Our luck is about that good with this kind of stuff.

We ll be picking from The likes of  Vonleh , Randle , Gordon or Smart. On Draft night.

Bad luck happens in 3s...Bias, Duncan, Durant....our turn now

« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2014, 01:04:53 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
7 Hours What?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2014, 01:11:58 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3071
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
^I don't recall it happening but am curious do the results ever leak via twitter or the internet before the presentation? I'll probably stay off the internet I like the suspense and thrill of it. Here's to a better result than last time.

Can we send Wyc and Tommy on a plane out to California or somethin to reverse jinx everything and get them as far away as possible? ;D  >:(

I actually believe the team witnesses for the lottery drawings all have to stay in the secret room until the televised event is over. I recall a cutaway in the lottery show last year where all the witnesses were chilling in front of a camera looking awkward as they already knew the results and couldn't do anything.
I see I'm going to stay off the internet anyway. Will have me a few cold ones prior and during but I tell you I feel like we're going to get the 3rd pick I really do don't know why.
Trying to temper my expectations after the '07 debacle where I had convinced myself that the Celtics were getting a top 2 pick. 

I'm DVR'ing the lottery. On the fence right now about shutting my phone off during my softball game (when the lottery will be happening) and waiting to find out until after I get home and watching it on DVR.  The good news is that living in Chicago, I doubt anyone is going to be talking lottery during my game since the Bulls aren't involved.  Who knows, though.   

I'm not sure I can do it.   The temptation to check my phone might be too great.
Did you watch it on tv last time or get updated via somebody else or the internet? Do the opposite. Lol
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2014, 01:33:02 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Nobody here actually thinks we have a snowball's chance in Hell of actually winning the "lottery" tonight, do they?

I got 7.

« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2014, 01:35:22 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Nightmare Scenario:  Seeing Boston's name called before the Lakers. means the Lakers got into the Top 3.

« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2014, 01:41:32 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Nobody here actually thinks we have a snowball's chance in Hell of actually winning the "lottery" tonight, do they?

I got 7.
We have the 5th best odds, but the most likely scenario is us picking 6th.   But if we see #8 - Pistons...  #7 - Boston... feel free to vomit, because it means the Lakers (and Kings) leapfrogged us into the Top 3...

« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2014, 01:44:10 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

I got 7.

The Celtics have an approximately 1 in 10 chance of winning the lottery. What do you have on the snowball?

« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2014, 01:44:48 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
(ed- double post)

« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2014, 01:49:04 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
fingers crossed, fingers crossed, fingers crossed....
sad that this time of year it is the results of a lottery that is all we have to look forward to.
danny - turn this thing around quick!
Celtics fan for life.