Author Topic: The Draft Lottery thread  (Read 42887 times)

Re: The Draft Lottery thread
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2014, 06:59:13 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Never seen so much excitement to find out the Celtics are selecting 6th-8th. It's a 100% certainty. Danny Ainge screwed this up by keeping Rondo and those garbage players such as Bass and Humphries that helped won a few games

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2014, 08:28:22 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
When is the official drawing for ping pong balls today?
tomorrow - 8:00 pm EDT I believe

That's when they do the drawing in private?

I believe the private drawing is done just an hour or two before the TV presentation.

If they delayed any longer there would probably be more risk that the result would get out, spoiling the show.

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2014, 01:38:21 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3071
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
^I don't recall it happening but am curious do the results ever leak via twitter or the internet before the presentation? I'll probably stay off the internet I like the suspense and thrill of it. Here's to a better result than last time.

Can we send Wyc and Tommy on a plane out to California or somethin to reverse jinx everything and get them as far away as possible? ;D  >:(
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2014, 01:45:09 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Never seen so much excitement to find out the Celtics are selecting 6th-8th. It's a 100% certainty. Danny Ainge screwed this up by keeping Rondo and those garbage players such as Bass and Humphries that helped won a few games

Ever the optimist ey.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2014, 03:32:03 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I feel like it's Christmas morning!  :D

« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2014, 03:34:08 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Hopefully there isn't a lump of coal in the presents......

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2014, 06:55:33 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Hopefully there isn't a lump of coal in the presents......

Thank Danny Ainge for not blowing it up when the Celtics are picking outside the top 5. Not looking forward to tonight.

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2014, 07:00:33 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2989
I'm Prepared for the Lakers to win the lottery , take Parker and get Love .

I they get all the luck and all the players.  And

All the attention from the NBA powers at large.

We re doomed

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2014, 07:10:38 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It's a large market and it would take attention off the Clippers.   Could happen, I hope not.

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2014, 08:20:48 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2676
  • bammokja

Ever the optimist ey.
But not the mathematician evidently.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2014, 10:53:30 AM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
^I don't recall it happening but am curious do the results ever leak via twitter or the internet before the presentation? I'll probably stay off the internet I like the suspense and thrill of it. Here's to a better result than last time.

Can we send Wyc and Tommy on a plane out to California or somethin to reverse jinx everything and get them as far away as possible? ;D  >:(

I actually believe the team witnesses for the lottery drawings all have to stay in the secret room until the televised event is over. I recall a cutaway in the lottery show last year where all the witnesses were chilling in front of a camera looking awkward as they already knew the results and couldn't do anything.

Just 9 hours and 10 minutes to go! And then we finally slowly start to see the dominos fall this off season!

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2014, 10:55:36 AM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
I am so mentally prepped for number 6. That is the most likely outcome mathematically by far.

Anything else is a bonus.

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2014, 10:59:11 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I am not prepared to not have a top 3 pick. If we land at 5-8 I am going to be so upset. All i want this summer is Parker Wiggins Embid or Love. But i have a good feeling about tonight. Think positive folks!

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2014, 11:01:10 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I am not prepared to not have a top 3 pick. If we land at 5-8 I am going to be so upset. All i want this summer is Parker Wiggins Embid or Love. But i have a good feeling about tonight. Think positive folks!

Ditto. I believe we are getting a top three pick. It's our turn to have the lottery do us well.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2014, 11:14:57 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1649
  • What a Pub Should Be
Trying to temper my expectations after the '07 debacle where I had convinced myself that the Celtics were getting a top 2 pick. 

I'm DVR'ing the lottery. On the fence right now about shutting my phone off during my softball game (when the lottery will be happening) and waiting to find out until after I get home and watching it on DVR.  The good news is that living in Chicago, I doubt anyone is going to be talking lottery during my game since the Bulls aren't involved.  Who knows, though.   

I'm not sure I can do it.   The temptation to check my phone might be too great.   

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team