Author Topic: Kings are putting together a package for Rondo  (Read 45959 times)

Re: Kings are putting together a package for Rondo
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2013, 12:49:44 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
McLemore, Thomas, and two 1sts for Rondo and Wallace?

Yep, I'd do that.

I agree with others who have expressed skepticism about that supposed package, though.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2013, 12:50:02 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I only do this deal if there 2014 pick is involved. Not sure it can be bc Cleveland owns some rights to it.

Cleveland gets the pick if it's outside the top 12. Sac could trade the rights in the 1-12 range to us.

I think I'd do it at the deadline then to make sure sac loses as many games as possible and to showcase rajon for a potentially better trade like one to Detroit.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2013, 12:58:20 PM »

Offline NocturnalRebel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
I'm not on board for trading Rondo but thats hard to turn down. Getting rid of Wallace's contract and receiving good young prospects in Thomas and McLemore with tha addition of two first round picks is great. But at tha expense of Rondo?
Loyalty Is Royalty

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2013, 12:58:52 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I doubt kings would give up that much... but if we dump Wallace and get Thomas, McLemore and two firsts... I probably do that.  Especially if it includes an unprotected 2014...  Kings still might miss the playoffs.

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2013, 01:01:48 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I just can't talk myself into the idea of a 5'9 guard being the centerpiece of a successful NBA team.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2013, 01:03:37 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Historically,the Team that gets the BEST player in a trade, wins out...so, No to this deal. You don't trade your All-Star player for multiple mediocre players...Unless your All-Star wants out.
Maybe.  In 3 years, we might not look at Rondo as the "BEST" player in that hypothetical trade.

« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2013, 01:04:10 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I just can't talk myself into the idea of a 5'9 guard being the centerpiece of a successful NBA team.
me neither.  But 20 year old Mclemore and two 1sts for a fringe all-star PG who can't shoot?... that's an absolute haul.

« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2013, 01:05:03 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I love Rondo like crazy, but that is a ridiculous offer. You couldn't possibly turn it down.

Like Chris and others are saying- extremely skeptical that the Kings are ready to spend that gigantic war chest to bring back recovering Rondo and a bad contract.

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2013, 01:11:24 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
me neither.  But 20 year old Mclemore and two 1sts for a fringe all-star PG who can't shoot?... that's an absolute haul.

right, exactly, Thomas is not the centerpiece.  the centerpiece are McLeMore + two 1sts.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2013, 01:12:52 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I know next to nothing about McLemore, except that the start of his career has been an unmitigated disaster.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2013, 01:14:31 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Wow. I'm one of Rondo's biggest fans (hence my user name), but McLemore, 2 1sts, and an explosive PG who can be a stopgap starter in the now and a quality bench player in the future? That's an impressive haul considering Rondo's value is at rock bottom with his injury.

« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2013, 01:17:11 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
So you trade an impact player (who's easily retainable)

Where is this assumption coming from?  How do you know Rondo is going to be easily retainable?

Rondo's never said a word about wanting to leave and he's made plenty of comments about wanting to stay. I'm not sure that the "we need to trade Rondo before he leaves" comments are any different than all the posts about how the Celts had to trade Rondo because he'd sulk all year over his name coming up in trade discussions.

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2013, 01:18:09 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 204
I'd say that's better then most any offer for rondo I've seen, true or not. Especially considering his status. It'd also make the kings very interesting...a team I'd choose to follow on league pass instead of avoiding like the plague
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 01:25:08 PM by scaryjerry »

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2013, 01:20:21 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 289
This doesn't seem plausible; if the Kings trade Mclemore and Thornton for Rondo then are left without a true 2 guard.

And why do we need Mclemore if we have Bradley?

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2013, 01:26:23 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

When you're talking about draft picks who might turn out to be all-stars someday you refer to them as franchise cornerstones, but you refer to someone who's made 4 straight all-star games as a fringe all-star. You somehow reversed those definitions in your head.