Author Topic: I like Kelly Olynyk  (Read 13359 times)

Re: I like Kelly Olynyk
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2013, 04:30:57 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Jazz were interested. Apparently guys like Olynyk are only asked to shoot 5 3 point shots when working out for team.

Jazz asked him to shoot 100 threes. not a typo, 100. And he made 63 of them, the 2nd highest for their workouts. 

I think still we would of had a shot at him at 16, bc jazz needed to trade the 14 for Trey Burke. Maybe Danny thought Bucks would get him next though.

Whatever the case is, we gave up peanuts to go 3 spots higher.  So i'm ok

Yeah Im excited to see him in summer league. High IQ players usually find homes for a long while. He's kinda like Sully, not athletic, but surprises people getting things done because of the high IQ.

Also we didn't give up much like people claim that we did. We're using Brooklyns 2nd rounders from the trade to send over to Dallas and still have our own to use. Well played DA, well played...

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2013, 04:34:32 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
If anyone is interested in watching an entire game on him, here is a link to the one I'm currently watching.  They have other games on there as well.

http://www.byutvsports.com/filmroom/watch/?id=51e738d6-6cb0-4b41-8568-75281cc021ca

The kid runs the floor better than I expected.  Not sure why people on here are talking about him being slow, etc.  The kid gets up and down with the best of them for a 7 footer.

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2013, 04:51:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If anyone is interested in watching an entire game on him, here is a link to the one I'm currently watching.  They have other games on there as well.

http://www.byutvsports.com/filmroom/watch/?id=51e738d6-6cb0-4b41-8568-75281cc021ca

The kid runs the floor better than I expected.  Not sure why people on here are talking about him being slow, etc.  The kid gets up and down with the best of them for a 7 footer.

i read somewhere his agility test (side to side), was better than DJ Stephens and some other notable guards.  Olynyk is not "explosive" but is co ordinated , fluid and "sneaky" fast.

The one interesting or weird quote from DAnny of Olynyk today was.

"#Celtics Danny Ainge (w/ Kelly Olynyk next to him): We don't see Kelly as a go-to guy in the NBA ... but guy who sets other people up."

I mean why do you even have to say this?? What if the kid can be a go to guy. I know realistically it won't be easy, but he was easily the go to guy in Gonzaga, made some clutch baskets in the final minutes of games and he has a chance to carry this to the nba. 

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2013, 04:53:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
not sure why its so hard to find a media intro clip of Olynyk , maybe its too early. But i did find something from a canadian sports website of Olynyk being interviewed with his new Celtics gear.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/olynyk-welcomes-chance-to-play-for-celtics/

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2013, 04:59:29 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I know a bunch of people are kind of down on Olynyk (and this was even before we traded Pierce and KG), but think about this before you make your decision. Would you rather have Olynyk or Fab Melo on the court?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2013, 05:07:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I know a bunch of people are kind of down on Olynyk (and this was even before we traded Pierce and KG), but think about this before you make your decision. Would you rather have Olynyk or Fab Melo on the court?

Olynyk 100 percent.

Sullys interior game and Olynyks perimeter game will be interesting to see on the court. 

Some say it could become a Randolph interior and Gasol perimeter like combo. These guys are not also very quick nor athletic, but look how far they took memphis to this year.

Hopefully thats what ends up happening with us

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2013, 05:15:30 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/07/01/celtics-introduce-draft-picks-olynyk-iverson/

just the link i been looking for. Introduction of the new guys

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2013, 08:35:14 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I am impressed by his footwork and his shooting.  He has a very quick and convincing jab step.  And a slight fadeaway that could be a real handful to defend.

I think he is more than a complementary player.  Not an All-Star but a really, really good offensive player.