Author Topic: (rumor) Bradley dealing with lower body injury  (Read 5537 times)

Re: (rumor) Bradley dealing with lower body injury
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2013, 10:36:00 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2583
It's at least nice to know (or think) that there is a reason for his poor performance.  It does beg the 'injury prone' question which could hurt his trade value if he is discussed this off-season. 

But I think we do have to keep in my that AB is only 22 and his body issues may be, in part, related to growing into his adult frame -- may turn out to be not a big deal in the long run. 

Why not sit him down tonight and (if we may make it) Sunday on the hope that he can use the time to return to form if we were to advance.  TWill and Jordan are better with the ball and we'll not be any worse off defensively the way Avery's been playing -- get Lee some run playing the Raymound.

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013, 10:36:53 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Does this explain his shooting too?

At some point, you have to look at the guy and almost say his injury prone.   Bad shoulder, lower body injury etc.

What is he?   Greg Oden lite?

I don't know if he is injury prone.  But he plays a style of basketball that is tough to sustain over big minutes without getting banged up.  He plays physically, and really relies on his athleticism to go against guys who have a lot of size over him.  And unfortunately, his skills other than his aggressive defense are not good enough for him to be able to roll it back a little defensively in the hopes of self preservation, without becoming pretty ineffective overall.

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013, 10:37:27 AM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
Avery is struggling mightily right now, but I'm not ready to write him off just yet.

I'm going to go ahead and predict that he has a good game tonight and starts to break out of his funk.

Celtics18, TPs to you and the OP.

For being open minded about this. AB has been dumped on on this board for awhile. Personally, I am giving him a pass and the benefit of the doubt here.

If the reports are accurate, and he is only at 70%, that in effect cripples AB's game both offensively and defensively, since he relies so much on energy for his on the ball defense and cutting and getting loose on offense.

He also gets a pass for the way he has played in the past, i.e. with reckless abandon even at the expense of his own body.

Anybody remember the end of last year and last year's playoffs? AB was still running through picks even with one and then both badly injured shoulders.

Maybe he shouldn't be playing, because physically he is hurting, which then hurts the team. But that's on Doc. To imply or directly state that the kid isn't giving his all, which many have done recently, I think is unjustified.

When he was healthy, he could stay with Wade. So I would guess something is wrong and is slowing him down. If we can survive I'd bet he starts to look better.

Williams is a really good find. Big guy, quick enough, good handle. He reminds of what PP would be like if he was that size. He has a way of methodically getting to where he wants to go.

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 10:44:02 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
He's done a complete 180. He is insufferable to watch right now. At one point he was my favorite guy to watch and seemed like he had this super high ceiling.

For me he has always been insufferable to watch. Especially on the offensive end. There was about a 6 game stretch in his career where I appreciated his defense. Other than that he has been one of my least favorite Celtics ever. Just dreadful to watch for me.

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2013, 10:44:39 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Too me his defense hasn't been great but it is partly because of the defense they are running. Most of Felton's blow bys are the result of a ball screen at the top. With Chandler and Martin rolling hard to the hoop KG is hard pressed to step up and stop penetration. Those who could help that aren't involved in the pick and roll have been sticking with the Knick shooters so they don't give up open 3's.

I believe this injury though, I know it is effecting his game. At this point though it is the playoffs and it doesn't matter, you just have to ball.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 11:06:48 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think Bradley might just not be built to expend himself the way he does constantly.

Or maybe he just isn't meant to start . . . maybe he needs to be limited to 20 minutes a night so that he can do his thing and not break down.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2013, 11:10:38 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
If watching AB play doesn't make you appreciate Rondo, I don't know what would.

Really starting to dislike Bradley.

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 11:16:31 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Why?  They don't even play the same position... Bradley is not a PG and never has been.  He's actually a good 3rd guard who can come in with energy and pressure the other team's PG on defense

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2013, 11:16:53 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

It makes me appreciate any guard who can score a layup. Bradley's persistence in shooting, yet complete inability to score from anywhere is pretty maddening.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2013, 11:19:25 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
He should have limited minutes. If he's injured to the point that he can't be himself then he doesn't need to get that many minutes.

Put him out there for defensive purposes..Let him play off the ball and someone else handle it. I can't take another inbound pass into the crowd.

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2013, 11:24:29 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2991

It makes me appreciate any guard who can score a layup.

LoL ..... ;D  ...... sorta what I was thinking lately ,   Twill does dunk his layups which is kinda cool

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2013, 11:26:27 AM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221

It makes me appreciate any guard who can score a layup. Bradley's persistence in shooting, yet complete inability to score from anywhere is pretty maddening.

My sentiments...

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 11:41:45 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I think Bradley might just not be built to expend himself the way he does constantly.

Or maybe he just isn't meant to start . . . maybe he needs to be limited to 20 minutes a night so that he can do his thing and not break down.

I agree. I think a good comparison of the type of player he is is Lindsey Hunter. Same height and weight, great on the ball defense. Just hope he is as durable.

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2013, 11:44:05 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
It's at least nice to know (or think) that there is a reason for his poor performance.  It does beg the 'injury prone' question which could hurt his trade value if he is discussed this off-season. 
I think anyone who is as aggressive as he is on defense is injury prone. Guys like Delonte and Gerald Wallace put their body on the line.

We shouldn't think that 'injury prone' is some intrinsic quality (though it is for some who have physical defects). It is more commonly a random illusion, the result of an injury not healing properly, or a result of style of play. D Rose might be in the last category due to the stress he places on his joints changing direction on the hop.

There is a good reason to hold back a little. This reminds me of Kobe saying how he doesn't draw charges. There are things you can do to keep yourself on the floor. Bradley does not have the option to hold back at the moment because his defense is what gets him minutes.

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2013, 11:53:24 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I think anyone who is as aggressive as he is on defense is injury prone. Guys like Delonte and Gerald Wallace put their body on the line.
I don't think Bradley's style of playing is even remotely similar to that of West or Wallace (which can pretty much be described as "reckless abandon"). Even Rondo takes considerably more beating than Bradley, yet manages to stay (mostly) in one piece.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."