Author Topic: Ray's ankle may be an issue this season  (Read 30784 times)

Re: Ray's ankle may be an issue this season
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 11:28:50 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
PLEASE stop with some of these posts on here - celebrating Ray's injury? :o

Seriously?

After Feb 19, 2009 and June 15, 2010 - I don't think we should be celebrating ANYONE's injuries....

Perk and KG going down probably cost BOS AT LEAST two rings.

Sorry but some of us aren't that "nice" and shouldn't be.  Nobody here is wishing him a serious injury but anything to make this guy realize he left a knife in our backs.  I really hope his run on the Heat is one big FAIL.  Call me heartless but that's the way it is

But it makes us look petty when we stoop to the level of wishing bad on another player - especially regarding his health.

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 11:32:13 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
All I'll say is this:

BOS's season, regardless of what Rajon Rondo does, lies in the health of KG and Paul Pierce.

These two players have over 30 years of mileage on their bodies.

The last thing I'm going to do as a fan is revel in someone else's injury issues.

We aren't THAT far off from not contending this season.

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 11:35:57 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120

Seriously?

After Feb 19, 2009 and June 15, 2010 - I don't think we should be celebrating ANYONE's injuries....

Sorry but some of us aren't that "nice" and shouldn't be.  Nobody here is wishing him a serious injury but anything to make this guy realize he left a knife in our backs.  I really hope his run on the Heat is one big FAIL.  Call me heartless but that's the way it is

But it makes us look petty when we stoop to the level of wishing bad on another player - especially regarding his health.

truth. well said tp

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2012, 12:05:48 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442
I also read somewhere that Ray feels better than he has in a long time and that he can pick up his kids for the first time in two years.  The ankles will probably be somewhat chronic but i'm definitely not hoping for a flareup.

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 12:40:30 AM »

Offline nox45

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
let's look at it this way ; ray is a true celtic and he sacrificed himself by going to the dark side to destroy the much hated cHeat

don't wish him ill or the karma will hit back at the Cs

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 03:05:41 AM »

Offline kg is king

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • KG IS THE KING

Seriously?

How can we forget all that he has done to make the Celtics relevant again? Seems like we've completely neglected the fact that Ray helped us raise 18, hit countless clutch baskets, and took a back seat for the development of Avery Bradley. The man did all he could for the Celtics and unfortunately we couldn't digress from developing Bradley and we brought in Jet. Ray had to go.

I don't want this to turn into a defending Ray's decision post. But I am just shocked at how people can hold a grudge against a player that has contributed so much to our team's success in the past 5 years, and extend it to the degree of wishing him bad health. He left to pursue a better opportunity. Does the single act of leaving for the Heat completely negate all the good he has done?

Please, do not rip on Ray anymore, because doing so makes us Celtics fans look like spoiled brats.
"I'm from the bottom, I understand what it's like to have and to not have. My perception on giving is to put yourself in those people's shoes and go from there. So that's what I did. " - The One and Only KG

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 04:25:44 AM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
Maybe whoever is guarding him can slide a foot under Ray Allen so that he lands awkwardly after a jumpshot.

Or maybe KG can knock him in the groin, a la Channing Fry. Ankle injury, or no ankle injury.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 08:14:53 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25587
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I've got to say, to see how classless some Celtics fans are, it almost makes me wish the Heat win the championship.  Every negative stereotype of bad fans there are in the league -- entitled, ignorant, classless, boorish, etc. -- has come out loud and clear during the Ray Allen saga.

We have a ton of good fans, many of whom aren't big Ray Allen fans right now.  Unfortunately, we have some fans who are pretty crappy, too, and part of me wants to see those folks end up miserable.

(Again, they're a minority of Celtics fans -- probably a small percentage -- but they sure are vocal with their vitriol.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 09:13:33 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I've got to say, to see how classless some Celtics fans are, it almost makes me wish the Heat win the championship.  Every negative stereotype of bad fans there are in the league -- entitled, ignorant, classless, boorish, etc. -- has come out loud and clear during the Ray Allen saga.

We have a ton of good fans, many of whom aren't big Ray Allen fans right now.  Unfortunately, we have some fans who are pretty crappy, too, and part of me wants to see those folks end up miserable.

(Again, they're a minority of Celtics fans -- probably a small percentage -- but they sure are vocal with their vitriol.)

I really don't care as ray is now at another team but if he played through a "severe" ankle ailment at his age, he is going to have to cop a longer recovery time. Every sportsman knows that.

There's no malice here, but there's not much sympathy either. It's not like he showed a massive amount of commitment to the team in the offseason.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 10:03:56 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 743
  • MASTER OF PANIC
think Ray misses 20 plus games this year with the ankle. looking back...i think we all should be glad he went elsewhere.

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 10:07:38 AM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

Arent you the one always telling everyone not to question each others "fanhood". Dishing out warnings and suspensions and basically being the PC police Roy? Calling us "classless fans" is a little hypocritical no? We're "bad fans" if we don't agree with you. And good fan's if we do?

A lot of us here have a lot of animosity for the guy and how he showed us up by going to a rival we lost to in last years playoffs. You can spin it any way you want, but he gave this team, fanbase, and organization the bird on his way out the door. He took less money. Moved from his New England roots. Took the same role. Complained and pouted about his losing the starting spot. (Even though as a leader he should realize the move benefitted the team.)

Who are you to tell me how i should feel about that? And who are you to judge anyways? You need to take some of your own advice Roy and watch your inflammatory rhetoric. Calling fans "classless", "ignorant", "entitled", and "boorish", is pretty hypocritical. You get on posters for doing that all the time bro.

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 10:11:55 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I'm thinking Ray is a mastermind genius and planned all this as his final dying gratitude to the Celtics.  He sat last season because he realized his ankles were officially done.  Then he gave his all for us in the playoffs despite causing further permanent.  This way he could trick the Heat into wasting their MLE on him.  He created the whole charade with Rondo and KG losing his number.  And of course the Heat have to play him because they told him he'd have a big role and don't want to look like liars to future cheap old vets.    8)

That would be way better than the great season Ray is gonna have so long as he can at least stand on the court.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2012, 10:22:09 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25587
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Arent you the one always telling everyone not to question each others "fanhood". Dishing out warnings and suspensions and basically being the PC police Roy? Calling us "classless fans" is a little hypocritical no? We're "bad fans" if we don't agree with you. And good fan's if we do?

A lot of us here have a lot of animosity for the guy and how he showed us up by going to a rival we lost to in last years playoffs. You can spin it any way you want, but he gave this team, fanbase, and organization the bird on his way out the door. He took less money. Moved from his New England roots. Took the same role. Complained and pouted about his losing the starting spot. (Even though as a leader he should realize the move benefitted the team.)

Who are you to tell me how i should feel about that? And who are you to judge anyways? You need to take some of your own advice Roy and watch your inflammatory rhetoric. Calling fans "classless", "ignorant", "entitled", and "boorish", is pretty hypocritical. You get on posters for doing that all the time bro.

I didn't label any poster, or call anybody out by name.  If you want to self-label yourself and categorize yourself as one of the minority of fans I was talking about who are "entitled, ignorant, classless, boorish", that's on you, not me.

As I said, there are plenty of good fans who don't support Ray right now.  I've got no issue with them.  It's the outright jerks, morons, meatheads and fake tough guys that I take exception to.  If you consider yourself to be in that category then frankly, I pity you.  Bro.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2012, 10:43:45 AM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

I didn't label any poster, or call anybody out by name.  If you want to self-label yourself and categorize yourself as one of the minority of fans I was talking about who are "entitled, ignorant, classless, boorish", that's on you, not me.

As I said, there are plenty of good fans who don't support Ray right now.  I've got no issue with them.  It's the outright jerks, morons, meatheads and fake tough guys that I take exception to.  If you consider yourself to be in that category then frankly, I pity you.  Bro.

Pity me all you want Roy. You clearly see yourself as the bigger person. You never called out any individuals by name, but you threw all of us who don't agree with you into those catergories. I just find it highly hypocritical from a MOD who is on here regularly coming down on ppl for doing the same exact thing. That's all.

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2012, 10:53:01 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
He left to pursue a better opportunity.

Let's go through this again.

1.  If Ray had left for a team paying him more money, no one would have been thrilled with it but I think the majority of Celtics fans would understand.

2.  If Ray had left for a team where he was going to play a larger role than in Boston, no one would have been thrilled with it but I think the vast majority of Celtics fans would understand.

3.  Ray actually left for less money to go to a team where there's not only less of a role for him than in Boston but a team that has beaten Boston the last two seasons and remains its biggest obstacle to winning another title.

4.  Let me repeat that.  Boston was willing to pay Ray MORE money and unless you think Doc was going to completely change his coaching style in Boston, Ray was still going to play ALL the time.  Even with Avery Bradley last year, Ray averaged 34 minutes a game during the regular season.  Does that sound like a guy who has to worry about being "eased out" of the rotation?  Compare that to playing in Miami behind Wade at the 2, Chalmers at point and with Miller, Battier, Lewis and Jones all competing with Ray for the same role on the team.

Given those 4 things, Celtics fans are totally, utterly and entirely entitled to be ticked off at Ray.  Yes, no one should be wishing an injury on him.  However, this serf-like attitude that we're all just supposed to tug our forelocks and say "Good day, milord" at Ray's actions is ridiculous.

Mike