Author Topic: 2012 CB Draft (4)Celtics Vs (5)Wizards First Round Matchup  (Read 61763 times)

Re: 2012 CB Draft (4)Celtics Vs (5)Wizards First Round Matchup
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2012, 02:27:45 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Kane, I'm pretty convinced that Gerald Wallace is the difference maker in this series. I worry that your wings are either over the hill or not ready for primetime. How do you plan on limiting Wallace's impact?

i expect him to come up with a paragraph but the truth is we have too much firepower! ;D

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2012, 02:30:23 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think wash could run with Superbeas at the 3, Crash at the 4, and Gasol at the 5. Should do some real damage

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2012, 02:31:09 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I think wash could run with Superbeas at the 3, Crash at the 4, and Gasol at the 5. Should do some real damage

I think anytime you run with Superbeas, you do damage to yourself.

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2012, 02:31:18 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
Westbtook (32)\ Augustine (16)
Hamilton (29) \ Jackson (11) Westbrook ( 8 )
Artest (20) \ Jackson (17) \ Green (11)
Griffin (38) \ Artest (6) \ Robinson or Erden (4)
Gasol (38) \ Gray (7) \ Erden (3)
Steph Curry (30) Lou Williams (18)
J.R. Smith (24)  Chauncey Billups (15) Lou Williams (9)
Gerald Wallace (32) Michael Beasley (8] Steve Novak (8]
Pau Gasol (34) Spencer Hawes (4) Steve Novak (10)
Marcin Gortat (32) Spencer Hawes (16)

I just want to see the two teams alongside one another so I'll write that here:

Starters
PG = Westbrook vs Steph Curry
SG = Rip vs JR Smith
SF = Artest vs G-Wallace
PF = B.Griffin vs P.Gasol
C  = M.Gasol vs Gortat

Bench
PG = DJ Augustin vs Lou Williams
SG = G.Green vs C.Billups
SF = S.Jackson vs M.Beasley
PF = T.Robinson vs S.Novak
C  = A.Gray vs S.Hawes

Who are the two team's Head Coaches?

Wizards: Mike Brown
Celtics: Rudy Tomjonovich or something like that

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2012, 02:42:21 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
I don't think Gerald Wallace has an advantage over Ron Artest.

I think Artest can match G.Wallace's physicality and speed + I don't think G.Wallace's skill-level (offensively) is high enough to take advantage of a defender of Artest's ability when lacking a major physical advantage over his opponent.

I think this matchup is neutral.

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2012, 02:43:36 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
I don't think Gerald Wallace has an advantage over Ron Artest.

I think Artest can match G.Wallace's physicality and speed + I don't think G.Wallace's skill-level (offensively) is high enough to take advantage of a defender of Artest's ability when lacking a major physical advantage over his opponent.

I think this matchup is neutral.

I think the starting lineups are pretty even but our depth is better

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2012, 02:44:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25590
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm starting to talk myself into the Wizards here, but I want to give Kane an opportunity to respond.

In the front court, I'm not sure that Artest is going to hurt the Wizards much if they use Wallace as a primary helper to shut down Griffin.  I think a Gortat / Gasol / Wallace front line can largely neutralize the Blake / M. Gasol lineup.

In the back court, Westbrook is clearly the best player.  However, Curry will make him work, and I trust Williams/Smith/Billups more than I do Rip/Jackson.  Again, Wallace's ability to roam off Artest will at least cut off some of Westbrook's penetration.

Basically, I see Artest as worthless in this series.  I wish Boston had a better wing to play in front of him, but I'm not sure that Jackson is the answer. 

From Washington's end, I'm not sure why they're playing a zone, as it seems gimmicky and unnecessary.  I think if they just play straight up defense and allow Crash to do what he does best on that end, Boston could have some issues.

I need to think on this more, though, and I'd especially appreciate Boston weighing in on how to lessen Wallace's impact on defense.  I agree with Who that Wallace won't be a huge factor on offense, but I do think he'll contribute more on that end than Ron Ron.  However, I see Wallace with the potential to be really disruptive to what Boston wants to do.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2012, 02:46:10 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
I'm starting to talk myself into the Wizards here, but I want to give Kane an opportunity to respond.

In the front court, I'm not sure that Artest is going to hurt the Wizards much if they use Wallace as a primary helper to shut down Griffin.  I think a Gortat / Gasol / Wallace front line can largely neutralize the Blake / M. Gasol lineup.

In the back court, Westbrook is clearly the best player.  However, Curry will make him work, and I trust Williams/Smith/Billups more than I do Rip/Jackson.  Again, Wallace's ability to roam off Artest will at least cut off some of Westbrook's penetration.

Basically, I see Artest as worthless in this series.  I wish Boston had a better wing to play in front of him, but I'm not sure that Jackson is the answer. 

From Washington's end, I'm not sure why they're playing a zone, as it seems gimmicky and unnecessary.  I think if they just play straight up defense and allow Crash to do what he does best on that end, Boston could have some issues.

I need to think on this more, though, and I'd especially appreciate Boston weighing in on how to lessen Wallace's impact on defense.  I agree with Who that Wallace won't be a huge factor on offense, but I do think he'll contribute more on that end than Ron Ron.  However, I see Wallace with the potential to be really disruptive to what Boston wants to do.

You have a real good point so i think we will mainly play man to man and have wallace sag off artest and him helping curry.

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2012, 02:46:13 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I agree with this statement.

But on which team would the damage be inflicted? I think it'd be Washington.

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2012, 02:52:27 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I agree with this statement.

But on which team would the damage be inflicted? I think it'd be Washington.

Well the point is to get Crash minutes at the 4 next to Pau. I don't think BOS has an answer

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2012, 02:54:59 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
Well the point is to get Crash minutes at the 4 next to Pau. I don't think BOS has an answer
Boston could just keep Blake Griffin (PF) and Marc Gasol (C) on the court against Gerald Wallace (PF) and Pau Gasol (C).

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2012, 03:00:56 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
Westbrook has to take 20 shots to get 23 points, wallace will help out curry so i dont see Westbrook having a good series, i mean he will either be forcing shots or passing the ball to Artest and letting him shoot.

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2012, 03:04:10 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25590
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Boston could just keep Blake Griffin (PF) and Marc Gasol (C) on the court against Gerald Wallace (PF) and Pau Gasol (C).

Yeah, it's not like there's a particularly huge advantage in taking Griffin farther away from the basket and going one-on-one Gasol vs. Gasol.  Keeping Pau or Gortat matched up against the defensively-weak Griffin seems like a better strategy, to me. 

Going small is worth a look at times, but I think as a primary option Washington should stick to its base unit.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2012, 03:07:16 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Yeah, it's not like there's a particularly huge advantage in taking Griffin farther away from the basket and going one-on-one Gasol vs. Gasol.  Keeping Pau or Gortat matched up against the defensively-weak Griffin seems like a better strategy, to me. 

Going small is worth a look at times, but I think as a primary option Washington should stick to its base unit.

As an aside, I google searched "You said unit" and a picture of AK-47 appeared.

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2012, 03:25:03 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Kane, I'm pretty convinced that Gerald Wallace is the difference maker in this series. I worry that your wings are either over the hill or not ready for primetime. How do you plan on limiting Wallace's impact?

First I think Russell Westbrook is by far the difference maker in this series. No one on Washington stands a chance against him. Why do you feel Gerald is such a big factor? He is playing very little PF which is his best position. At SF his quickness and athleticism is neutralized.

Ron Artest I feel confidently about limiting Wallace. In three games this past season Wallace only had one very good game against the Lakers.

Game 1
Wallace had 31 points in 38 minutes on 13-19 shooting. Here is the rub. In that game Artest didn't start. LA was experiencing with him as a sixth man. Poor decision in hindsight. Matt Barnes started and was overmatched by Gerald. Artest only played 17 minutes.

Game 2
Wallace has 7 points in 35 minutes. Artest started and shut him down while he was in there for 25 minutes.

Game 3
Wallace had 19 points but he played 42 minutes. He only had 3 rebs. Artest played 25 minutes and was primarily matched up on Wallace.

While Wallace killed the Matt Barnes matchup he didn't play great against Ron Ron. Ron has the strength and footwork to match up with Gerald - who normally beats up smaller wings or out quickens bigger PFs.

I also feel that Stephen Jackson can match up with him when Artest is not in.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14