Author Topic: sam amico on what the C's may try in the draft  (Read 10231 times)

Re: sam amico on what the C's may try in the draft
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 10:02:18 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Would be great if;

KG could re-sign on the mega cheap( 7 million or under)
We trade our two first round picks for a higher pick(might have to throw in Bass)
We have enough cap space to take New Orleans top 10 pick off their hands by grabbing Okafur.

End up with Okafur, a top 10 pick, a top 15 pick and still lots of room to sign Illyasova or some other kind of impact big/stretch forward.

I can't imagine all we'd have to do is take okafor and we get the 10th pick..if so I would be all over that. His contract runs up the same time as pierce so that would give us a ton of cap money.

Could we amnesty a player we just traded for?
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2012, 10:43:10 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
Danny should be trying to get a quality big, because if KG does come back, he will need someone to help him on the boards. Would love Sullinger; Drummond is a big time project and a terrible free throw shooter. Meyers Leonard would be fine too.

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 01:43:35 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

The only players on that list I'd do it for would be Wes Matthews or Beaubois.

Apparently Wes Matthews had a bad year? Could we get a 2nd round out of it? Or am I misjudging Wes Matthews's worth?

Danny should be trying to get a quality big, because if KG does come back, he will need someone to help him on the boards. Would love Sullinger; Drummond is a big time project and a terrible free throw shooter. Meyers Leonard would be fine too.

Drummond is projected in the single digits, Sullinger 10 and Leonard the teens. So...is Leonard the most likely scenario?

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2012, 02:56:16 AM »

Offline Merovech

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 46

No.
2014 Pick 2 OKC Thunder
PG: Russell Westbrook
SG: Jeremy Lamb / Jodie Meeks
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Taj Gibson / Derrick Favors
C: Greg Monroe / Brandan Wright
7.19, 8.19, 9.19, 10.19

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 07:08:10 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Would be great if;

We trade our two first round picks for a higher pick(might have to throw in Bass)
We have enough cap space to take New Orleans top 10 pick off their hands by grabbing Okafur.

End up with Okafur, a top 10 pick, a top 15 pick and still lots of room to sign Illyasova or some other kind of impact big/stretch forward.

I can't imagine all we'd have to do is take okafor and we get the 10th pick..if so I would be all over that. His contract runs up the same time as pierce so that would give us a ton of cap money.

Can't amnesty Okafur, but could amnesty Pierce, with Jeff Green sliding into his place for next year.  (Giving Harkless or QMiller a chance to develop?)

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 09:07:12 AM »

Offline celty86

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 5
I could see Sullinger falling some because of the lack of athleticism mentioned in earlier posts. But he's still a big, a legit four, so I don't think he would fall all the way to 21. The question is Ainge connecting this draft to the current state of the team? Will he just draft BPA or does he want someone who he could plug in right away and get some help out of? He might look at Sullinger as someone who can rebound and get the ball to Rondo to get him out in transition. But in this pick and roll NBA can Sullinger play enough defense to survive? If Ainge looks at BPA he may be looking at a wing type player and figure he can get a four in free agency or bring back Bass. Would Ryan Anderson be a fit at the four for us? As always, it's interesting to try to think along with Danny.....

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2012, 08:54:49 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Would be great if;

Can't amnesty Okafur, but could amnesty Pierce, with Jeff Green sliding into his place for next year.  (Giving Harkless or QMiller a chance to develop?)

WORST IDEA EVAH!  Did you just say amnesty pierce so we could keep jeff green?  Jeff Green isn't half the player that pierce is.  In fact Jeff Green has a heart condition and may never play basketball in the NBA again.  That move makes no sense whatsoever.

I don't think the Celtics have the ammo to moe up for Drummond barring a blockbuster trade.  And I don't think Drummond is special enough to merit a blockbuster.  Now someone correct me if I'm wrong.  If Drummond is the next Dwight Howard or Duncan, I'll gladly fork over whatever it takes.

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2012, 09:07:29 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Would be great if;

WORST IDEA EVAH!  Did you just say amnesty pierce so we could keep jeff green?  Jeff Green isn't half the player that pierce is.  In fact Jeff Green has a heart condition and may never play basketball in the NBA again.  That move makes no sense whatsoever.

I don't think the Celtics have the ammo to moe up for Drummond barring a blockbuster trade.  And I don't think Drummond is special enough to merit a blockbuster.  Now someone correct me if I'm wrong.  If Drummond is the next Dwight Howard or Duncan, I'll gladly fork over whatever it takes.

I think it's better if Danny can trade Pierce, but considering salaries and age I'd do a Pierce for Okafur and #10 trade--and it's possible that's what amnestying him could get you.

Jeff Green is just a placeholder IMO while Pierce's prospective replacement develops.

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2012, 10:22:06 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
any more recent rumors of C's wanting to trade up?
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2012, 11:22:06 PM »

Offline EDWARDO

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
Would be great if;

I think it's better if Danny can trade Pierce, but considering salaries and age I'd do a Pierce for Okafur and #10 trade--and it's possible that's what amnestying him could get you.

Jeff Green is just a placeholder IMO while Pierce's prospective replacement develops.

Why on earth would you do that trade when NO would give you the 10th pick just to take on his contract?? He makes 14mm per the next two years. They are desperate to get out of that. The least you'd have to give up is the 21 pick. Then trade the 10th pick for Josh Smith??

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2012, 11:46:08 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3071
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
When is the draft guys?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk