Author Topic: Superhero/Comics Movie Thread  (Read 165390 times)

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Just four days after my sons and I saw Avengers, my youngest one is STILL wanting to see it again, which is unheard of for him.

I haven't had this much fun at the movies since the first Matrix and Spiderman 2.

I won't spoil Avengers for those who haven't seen it, but man! Those intra-squad fights were ON POINT...nothing untrue to the comic books.

Just Awesome.

Samuel L. Jackson played a GREAT Nick Fury, too.

I didn't even realize that the same actor that played in "The Town" played Hawkeye. He was GREAT as well. I also didn't realize that he had a cameo in Thor.

Anxiously awaiting the next Avengers.

Kiorrik

Cable, Bishop, holler.

Also that Deadpool movie starring ryan reynolds would've been awesome.
Ah noes! Did that get canned? :( :( :(

Kiorrik

I didn't even realize that the same actor that played in "The Town" played Hawkeye. He was GREAT as well. I also didn't realize that he had a cameo in Thor.
Ugh, the guy looks like a friend of me & my girlfriend. We always joke about it, 'cuz we met the guy on World of Warcraft and his nickname was Smurf. Hence we always call that actor "Smurf".

... yeah I've got plenty of boring stories.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Cable, Bishop, holler.

I believe it is still scheduled for 2014.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Just four days after my sons and I saw Avengers, my youngest one is STILL wanting to see it again, which is unheard of for him.

I haven't had this much fun at the movies since the first Matrix and Spiderman 2.

I won't spoil Avengers for those who haven't seen it, but man! Those intra-squad fights were ON POINT...nothing untrue to the comic books.

Just Awesome.

Yeah Jeremy Renner is sent up high when Thor first tries to get the hammer when he comes to earth.  I didn't realize he was Hawkeye until I saw he was cast as Hawkeye in the Avengers.  They certainly didn't make it clear that was his role and I believe only true die hard Avengers fans would have caught it.

Kiorrik

Cable, Bishop, holler.

Dang. That's pretty far off.

Cable, Bishop, Apocalypse, a *decent* Gambit, Deadpool, Omega Red, Spiderman Noir, Thanos, Mr Sinister and perhaps a grown-up version of rogue that resembles rogue from the cartoons :p

Any of those in a movie would be nice.

Kiorrik

Just Awesome.

Yeah Jeremy Renner is sent up high when Thor first tries to get the hammer when he comes to earth.  I didn't realize he was Hawkeye until I saw he was cast as Hawkeye in the Avengers.  They certainly didn't make it clear that was his role and I believe only true die hard Avengers fans would have caught it.
For some reason, I caught it, actually. I think it was both the fact that it was that actor (he's too big to be a random person) and how he acted.

Note that I'm not the biggest marvel geek out there. Only browsed through some of the comics, never owned more than ... 10.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Cable, Bishop, holler.

Dang. That's pretty far off.

Cable, Bishop, Apocalypse, a *decent* Gambit, Deadpool, Omega Red, Spiderman Noir, Thanos, Mr Sinister and perhaps a grown-up version of rogue that resembles rogue from the cartoons :p

Any of those in a movie would be nice.
Yep still scheduled for 2014, there are rumors there will be an Ant Man and Nick Fury movie both also out in 2014.  Cap Am 2, Spiderman 2, and X-Men First Class 2 are all also supposed to be out in 2014.  Next year is supposed to be pretty busy as well with Thor 2, Iron Man 3, Wolverine 2, the Flash, a new Superman reboot, and a new Fantastic Four reboot.  

Also some much lesser known comics like Shazam, Sub-Mariner, etc. are supposedly in various stages of production.

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Ive seen it mentioned and I want to second it, but any movie with a good Gambit would be a must see in my opinion.  Hands down the best X-men character.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Ive seen it mentioned and I want to second it, but any movie with a good Gambit would be a must see in my opinion.  Hands down the best X-men character.
I actually didn't mind him in Wolverine.  I mean obviously it was a supporting role, but I didn't mind the take on him or the actor that played him. 

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Just Awesome.

For some reason, I caught it, actually. I think it was both the fact that it was that actor (he's too big to be a random person) and how he acted.

Or the fact that he turns down grabbing a gun to grab a bow. The more obscure reference was that the black guy who was fighting with Thor just before that was Luke Cage (Power Man)

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Cable, Bishop, holler.

Time Travel, bad. Hulk smash dense continuity.

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
The Avengera has set a new bar Of standards when it comes to comic book movies. Here's hoping Spider-man and The Dark Knight Rises will be epic as well.
I gotta say that I was dead set against another spiderman reboot, thought the casting in the last trilogy was spot on. But after seeing the trailer for the new movie, I think it is VERY promising!

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Pretty interesting piece on Garfield and his role as Spiderman.  The 2nd and 3rd pages of the piece are a conversation between Garfield and Maguire about the pressure of being Spiderman.  That part is really quite interesting.   

http://www.vman.com/articles/the-amazing-andrew-garfield/?page=1

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
DC needs to get on the ball.

No Justice League movie?

Just sad.

They could always take some pieces from the JLU cartoon from a few years ago. The makers of the Green Lantern movie were even kind enough to introduce Amanda Waller (CADMUS).

Marvel's completed Elektra, Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, DareDevil, Ghost Rider, several Hulk movies, FF4's, X-men...and now Avengers.

DC: Superman, Batman, Green Lantern....and Jonah Hex??

C'mon, DC!