Author Topic: Superhero/Comics Movie Thread  (Read 166397 times)

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Ive seen it mentioned and I want to second it, but any movie with a good Gambit would be a must see in my opinion.  Hands down the best X-men character.

I always thought Sawyer from Lost would make an excellent Gambit.

Josh Holloway would've been an awesome Gambit, and I heard he was in initial talks too but there was some conflict I think with scheduling and he ended up not doing it but you're 100% on and I have always thought the exact same thing.

I liked Riggins as Gambit. If he could only nail the accent.

Haha no I just didn't find any of that funny.  Not my type of Humor I guess.  Probably not what most people consider as humor.  Seems like Nolanite trolling bait.   

Now this is funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLOps4qA5rM

That is funny. MINE WAS ALSO FUNNY!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
  • It's hammer time
Glad you liked it.  I am really excited for the dark knight rises but the most recent trailer released really didn't do anything for me.  I hope its as good as the previous 2 and I hope Nolan has improved the fight scenes as they are very unrealistic and poorly choreographed in the dark knight. 

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
Considering all that The Avengers had to accomplish as a summation of several comic book movies, having to incorporate multiple storylines, further re-flesh out characters that had already defined in previous movies and provide that summer blockbuster feel all while making sure nobody got pushed aside, I don't see how anyone could come away being anything but impressed at Whedon's work here. He treated the material carefully and managed to accomplish what the X-Men movies(save the last) failed. To create a real character driven drama with the ability to tell a story thru multiple viewpoints.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • It's hammer time
TP buncknersrevenge, I totally agree with you. 

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Couple of more villains have been cast in the Avengers universe.

Mads Mikkelson will play an unnamed villain in Thor 2.  He of course will team up with Loki in some manner.

Ashley Hamilton has been cast as the cyborg Firepower in Iron Man 3, joining James Badge Dale and Ben Kingsley as villains in the film.  Also, Jon Favreau is back as Tony Stark's bodyguard even though he is not directing the film. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • It's hammer time
Mads Mikkleson is not a definite yet but they are trying to get him to be a villain. 

Looks like Iron Man 3 will be stacked with Villains but they are all weak compared to Iron man.  I wonder if they are all working for the Mandarin gathering the 10 rings for him.  Really excited for this movie. 

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Mads Mikkleson is not a definite yet but they are trying to get him to be a villain. 

Looks like Iron Man 3 will be stacked with Villains but they are all weak compared to Iron man.  I wonder if they are all working for the Mandarin gathering the 10 rings for him.  Really excited for this movie. 
E Weekly says Mads is definite.

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • It's hammer time
Everybody else is reporting that he is "in talks" but I am definitely hoping that it all falls through.  He is an awesome actor. 

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Everybody else is reporting that he is "in talks" but I am definitely hoping that it all falls through.  He is an awesome actor. 
you are right, I misread the EW.com story.  He is just in talks.

Kiorrik

Ashley Hamilton has been cast as the cyborg Firepower in Iron Man 3
Just read up on Firepower; sounds like a fun story arc, with [SPOILER] fake death and building a new suit [/SPOILER] seemingly key to that story. Hope they stick with that.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Ashley Hamilton has been cast as the cyborg Firepower in Iron Man 3
Just read up on Firepower; sounds like a fun story arc, with [SPOILER] fake death and building a new suit [/SPOILER] seemingly key to that story. Hope they stick with that.
Some of the plot details are coming out.  It seems pretty interesting.  Looks likes the daughter of a Chinese colleague of Stark gets kidnapped and he goes to China to save her, where he meets Coldblood and Mandarin in some capacity.  He of course loses the initial battle and is left in a situation with no suit and where he has to use his smarts to get out of it (he also obviously can't call the avengers for help).  It will be interesting to see how Firepower plays in and exactly how big a role Mandarin and the Extremis technology play in this movie.  Sounds like it will be more about Coldblood and just setting up Mandarin and full scale extremis Ironman for the future.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I am guessing Kingsley will be the Mandarin who was hinted at in the first film.  A dude with magic rings. Kingsley has the gravitas to make it work.  I mean he was Gandhi, no?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandarin_(comics)

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I guess I can roll with Mandarin. I was hoping for Ultron, but Mandarin's a heavy hitter, too.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
I am guessing Kingsley will be the Mandarin who was hinted at in the first film.  A dude with magic rings. Kingsley has the gravitas to make it work.  I mean he was Gandhi, no?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandarin_(comics)
Yeah Kingsley is Mandarin.  Looks like Guy Pearce is Aldrich Killian (the nano, extremis doctor).  James Badge Dale is Eric Savin (coldblood).   

Andy Lau is the Chinese colleague in his first American Role.  Apparently he is a major star in China starring in like 200 roles. 

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/05/31/iron-man-3-set-photos-iron-patriot/

Looks like Coldblood is going to be the Iron Patriot version from the very recent comics at least if the photos are any indication.