Author Topic: Superhero/Comics Movie Thread  (Read 166110 times)

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Two questions:

1. Which one has the highest N.A. box office (I think it is pretty clear the new Spiderman will finish 3rd, but really have no idea with batman or the avengers)?

2. If you could only go to one in the theater, which would it be?

Dark Knight Rises is the answer to both.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Kudos to KC for the Power Man reference...I had not thought about that.

Is there any confirmation from Marvel on whether that guy was supposedly Luke Cage? It does make SOME sense...that guy was HUGE...BUT - IF this guy was Luke, that was a POOR showing from him vs Thor.

Luke's not in the same power class as Thor, but he's not swiss cheese, either. They could've done Luke more justice if this was the case.

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Is there any confirmation from Marvel on whether that guy was supposedly Luke Cage? It does make SOME sense...that guy was HUGE...BUT - IF this guy was Luke, that was a POOR showing from him vs Thor.

Luke's not in the same power class as Thor, but he's not swiss cheese, either. They could've done Luke more justice if this was the case.

I'm not sure if he's listed in the credits, but there's only one African American super hero in the Marvel Universe who could trade blows with Thor. Granted, he didn't shout " Sweet Christmas" so it's not a complete give away, but I'm kinda OK with that.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

I'm not sure if he's listed in the credits, but there's only one African American super hero in the Marvel Universe who could trade blows with Thor. Granted, he didn't shout " Sweet Christmas" so it's not a complete give away, but I'm kinda OK with that.

Yeah...that guy saying "Sweet Christmas" would've certainly been confirmation from me.

Marvel missed an opportunity for a bennie, there.

But they are forgiven. The rest of the Thor movie and Avengers have blown me away.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Iron Man 3 has a villain.  James Badge Dale will play Eric Savin, who becomes the cyborg Coldblood. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
  • It's hammer time
I don't think coldblood is the true villain in the movie.  I think it will be somebody else. 

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • It's hammer time
Also there is no way Thor would be fighting Thanos in Thor 2.  Thanos is an Avengers movie villain and would be too overwhelming for just a Thor sequel. 

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Also there is no way Thor would be fighting Thanos in Thor 2.  Thanos is an Avengers movie villain and would be too overwhelming for just a Thor sequel. 
My guess is he is introduced in Thor 2 as a villain in some capacity and carries over to Avengers 2.  You know kind of Loki in Thor 1 and Avengers 1.  The producers and what not what to spend the Avengers movies firmly on earth and will have Thor in his movies spend a lot of time off Earth, and thus Thanos makes a lot of sense for a Thor 2 bad guy that is also the bad guy in Avengers 2.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • It's hammer time
Moranis, he will definitely appear in Thor 2 because he will need to get to Asgard to steal the tesseract or the infinity gauntlet.  He will definitely not be a villain but there will probably be a scene of him speaking with Loki or coming to steal some Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • It's hammer time
Indeed, I am guessing you didn't like the Avengers.  That article was awful and a complete waste of 5 minutes of my life. 

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Indeed, I am guessing you didn't like the Avengers.  That article was awful and a complete waste of 5 minutes of my life. 

I think your humor bone is broken.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
Ive seen it mentioned and I want to second it, but any movie with a good Gambit would be a must see in my opinion.  Hands down the best X-men character.

I always thought Sawyer from Lost would make an excellent Gambit.

Josh Holloway would've been an awesome Gambit, and I heard he was in initial talks too but there was some conflict I think with scheduling and he ended up not doing it but you're 100% on and I have always thought the exact same thing.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

Offline SquishPCfriar

• Brad Stevens
  • It's hammer time
Haha no I just didn't find any of that funny.  Not my type of Humor I guess.  Probably not what most people consider as humor.  Seems like Nolanite trolling bait.    

Now this is funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLOps4qA5rM