Author Topic: Pietrus to accept min (Update: Pietrus has signed with the Celts)  (Read 23670 times)

Re: Pietrus to accept min (Update: Pietrus has signed with the Celts)
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2011, 10:07:40 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
This signing puts the cap on a killer killer offseason from Ainge and the C's. Pietrus is a great athletic role player who've I've always wanted to see off our bench. Danny had put together a ridiculously solid bench of talent, smart, athletic minded players. Great intensity, intelligence and great defense across the board. I cant wait to see where this team will end up because this is the deepest team we have seen for the C's in a long time.

« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2011, 10:15:35 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 385
I really like what ive seen on youtube, I just dont really know this guys game. Could someone give me a scouting report please.
Is he a good defender?

solid athletic wing defender, offensively hes good off screens, driving and a knockdown 3 shooter...this really solidifies our bench IMO. takes away some of the hurt of losing green.

the Media likes to attribute our loss to the heat because of age and I think are underestimating us this year. but I think rather than age it was a lack of depth and injuries. on paper we had an amazing bench last year. but injuries derailed it to where we had an ineffective BBD, Green(who wasnt playing with confidence) and an injured Delonte going into the playoffs

« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2011, 10:18:39 PM »

Offline green7

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
waive sasha and sign al thornton or joel przybilla to the vet min?

« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2011, 10:27:28 PM »

Online j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3071
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
This signing puts the cap on a killer killer offseason from Ainge and the C's. Pietrus is a great athletic role player who've I've always wanted to see off our bench. Danny had put together a ridiculously solid bench of talent, smart, athletic minded players. Great intensity, intelligence and great defense across the board. I cant wait to see where this team will end up because this is the deepest team we have seen for the C's in a long time.
It could be and I'm serious the bench depth that could put us back there in the thick of the East enabling us to knock out Miami or Chicago. If the bench can win us some games and I'm sure they can keeping our starters fresh, if KG's new plan of short limited stints of minutes works well, we could very well come out the ECF. It's always us tiring down after the Christmas break and the veterans playing too much where we slip up, but this year seems we got a reliable bench and couple rookies tht are ballers can't wait.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2011, 10:57:47 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
waive sasha and sign al thornton or joel przybilla to the vet min?

Honestly, I think I'd rather trade Bradley to a team with cap space and acquire an exception. I just don't see much in Bradley. If he were 6-6, 6-7 I would be more patient, but an undersized 2 guard with questionable IQ, shooting, and ballhandling skills leaves a lot to be desired.

« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2011, 11:08:32 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Excellent signing. Solid defender who can shoot. Can also play G when needed. Great bench we have right now. With the back to back to backs, this team can go 10-12 players deep and keep everybody fresh.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2011, 11:17:15 PM »

Offline YouGotRondo d

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I really like what ive seen on youtube, I just dont really know this guys game. Could someone give me a scouting report please.
Is he a good defender?

solid athletic wing defender, offensively hes good off screens, driving and a knockdown 3 shooter...this really solidifies our bench IMO. takes away some of the hurt of losing green.

the Media likes to attribute our loss to the heat because of age and I think are underestimating us this year. but I think rather than age it was a lack of depth and injuries. on paper we had an amazing bench last year. but injuries derailed it to where we had an ineffective BBD, Green(who wasnt playing with confidence) and an injured Delonte going into the playoffs

That team last year was completely different when Shaq was on the floor. No doubt in my mind they were championship caliber if he had stayed healthy.

« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2011, 11:20:12 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Is he a good defender?

That team last year was completely different when Shaq was on the floor. No doubt in my mind they were championship caliber if he had stayed healthy.

yes, that is one thing i can definitely agree with.  i believe the version of the celtics we saw early on last season was one of the best teams, if not THE best team, in the league.  a healthy shaq completely added a new dimension to this team and gave them "the look."

that's the main reason i wasn't bothered by the perkins trade.  all along i felt that it was shaq or bust.

it's too bad that danny wasn't able to make a move to add a game-changer like that to the team this year.  i think david west could have been that guy, perhaps, but oh well.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2011, 11:31:28 PM »

Offline YouGotRondo d

• Jrue Holiday
Is he a good defender?

yes, that is one thing i can definitely agree with.  i believe the version of the celtics we saw early on last season was one of the best teams, if not THE best team, in the league.  a healthy shaq completely added a new dimension to this team and gave them "the look."

that's the main reason i wasn't bothered by the perkins trade.  all along i felt that it was shaq or bust.

it's too bad that danny wasn't able to make a move to add a game-changer like that to the team this year.  i think david west could have been that guy, perhaps, but oh well.

I was disappointed about West as well.

Now I'm holding out for Al Jefferson. Maybe Utah will give up on him.

« Reply #99 on: December 24, 2011, 11:32:33 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Is he a good defender?

I'm going to get seriously, seriously, seriously burned for this but I think JO and Wilcox might be somewhat equal or better than 39 year old Shaq (if healthy, in JO's case).

At 39, Shaq was not a particularly amazing defender but provides size on that end, which JO does now. In some instances he was a defensive liability, much like what Wilcox is now, and our rotations covered that.

On offense, Shaq's job was to finish. No post moves, no nothing. Just catch it under the basket and finish. Wilcox can do that and run on the pick and roll.

As for health, Shaq was fat as heck and 6 years older than JO is now. Plus Wilcox is healthy and I think we lost continuity last year when we lost players to injuries, in which Wilcox would help. Hopefully, Doc would also learn from last year and manage JO's minutes even better (I think Steams and hopefully Przybilla would help with that).

Also remember that before Shaq, we had Perk, who was definitely an offensive liability (albeit one who plays within himself). We are a contending team with big 4 plus a decent center.

« Reply #100 on: December 24, 2011, 11:44:47 PM »

Offline YouGotRondo d

• Jrue Holiday
Is he a good defender?

I'm going to get seriously, seriously, seriously burned for this but I think JO and Wilcox might be somewhat equal or better than 39 year old Shaq (if healthy, in JO's case).

At 39, Shaq was not a particularly amazing defender but provides size on that end, which JO does now. In some instances he was a defensive liability, much like what Wilcox is now, and our rotations covered that.

On offense, Shaq's job was to finish. No post moves, no nothing. Just catch it under the basket and finish. Wilcox can do that and run on the pick and roll.

As for health, Shaq was fat as heck and 6 years older than JO is now. Plus Wilcox is healthy and I think we lost continuity last year when we lost players to injuries, in which Wilcox would help. Hopefully, Doc would also learn from last year and manage JO's minutes even better (I think Steams and hopefully Przybilla would help with that).

Also remember that before Shaq, we had Perk, who was definitely an offensive liability (albeit one who plays within himself). We are a contending team with big 4 plus a decent center.

I have to disagree. Shaq's job wasn't just clean up duty. He was still a dominant post player with a real knack to beat 1 on 1 D. He just needed the ball close enough to the hoop to do his thing. He was one of the best finishers I've ever seen. Jermaine has nothing on him in that regard. (Although he's got that smooth turnaround J.)

Shaq's finishing ability alone made up for his bad defense. But even on D he understood his rotations and knew how to play within himself.

At 39 he was still an absolute game changer. Jermaine is just a great rotation player. That being said, I think the overall depth on this roster is much better this year and should enable a deep playoff run.

« Reply #101 on: December 24, 2011, 11:52:27 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Put him on a plane.  Will he play tomorrow?
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2011, 11:58:01 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Put him on a plane.  Will he play tomorrow?

No, someone posted previously him saying he won't be with us for NYK, he isn't ready... he hopes to be with us to face the Cheat though!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #103 on: December 25, 2011, 12:07:00 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442
Is he a good defender?

Shaq made much more of an impact than Wilcox will make.

« Reply #104 on: December 25, 2011, 12:46:47 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Great news!

Welcome to Boston, Mickael!