Author Topic: Pietrus to accept min (Update: Pietrus has signed with the Celts)  (Read 23668 times)

Re: Pietrus to accept min (Update: Pietrus has signed with the Celts)
« Reply #105 on: December 25, 2011, 12:57:26 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Adding Bass, and then getting this guy are the two best pieces of news all off season.

Don't get too excited yet though folks, his knee is far away from  play ability.
Could be at least one or two months before we see any decent minutes from him.
No need to rush- just get him game ready for the playoffs in time to defend Lebron.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #106 on: December 25, 2011, 01:07:34 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Even though this isn't quite the Pietrus of a few years ago, he's certainly a rotation caliber guy once he's healthy, and you can never have enough of those, especially in this type of season.

« Reply #107 on: December 25, 2011, 02:59:28 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I really like what ive seen on youtube, I just dont really know this guys game. Could someone give me a scouting report please.
Is he a good defender?

solid athletic wing defender, offensively hes good off screens, driving and a knockdown 3 shooter...this really solidifies our bench IMO. takes away some of the hurt of losing green.

the Media likes to attribute our loss to the heat because of age and I think are underestimating us this year. but I think rather than age it was a lack of depth and injuries. on paper we had an amazing bench last year. but injuries derailed it to where we had an ineffective BBD, Green(who wasnt playing with confidence) and an injured Delonte going into the playoffs

thanks

« Reply #108 on: December 25, 2011, 03:43:39 AM »

Offline celticglaswegian

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 9
I'm really happy that we're getting Pietrus, we finally have a french guy in green  ;D

Pietrus is injured since august or september, he missed the European Championship. He was supposed to go and the staff detected that his knee wasn't OK, so he's been injured for 5 for 6 months. There was an article on Nba Yahoo about him receiving treatments from monks  8) : http://tinyurl.com/c6hhls3.

Plus there's the olympics in 2012, we lost in Finals against Spain and Turiaf, Parker, Noah and Batum are very motivated for the Olympics, Pietrus wants to have a good season in NBA so he can be part of the team.

« Reply #109 on: December 25, 2011, 07:57:31 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Wow, vet. min. , I love this guy, hopefully he will adapt quickly to our system :)
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #110 on: December 25, 2011, 08:07:59 AM »

Offline nbacardDOTnet

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 25
Welcome to Celtics !!

« Reply #111 on: December 25, 2011, 08:50:32 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Bring back Rasheed Wallace. Just so him and Wilcox can take a picture together as a before and after photo.
Does anyone think Sheed has anything left? I know he won't play for the minimum but would his contract be reinstated if he did decide to give it a go?
Don't answer this question. Not here anyways. I'm not trying to hijack the thread.
Congrats on Pietrus. I hope his knee is ok and he will be available to play sooner rather than later. We could use all the quality depth we can get.

« Reply #112 on: December 25, 2011, 09:48:57 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Put him on a plane.  Will he play tomorrow?

No, someone posted previously him saying he won't be with us for NYK, he isn't ready... he hopes to be with us to face the Cheat though!
Too bad, that would've been a lot better than seeing Marquis trying to guard Melo.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #113 on: December 25, 2011, 10:00:11 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I think it's fair to say that Danny did a pretty good job this offseason. Well, at least on paper and if this post doesn't jinx us (There, unjinxed us by saying that  ;D)

« Reply #114 on: December 25, 2011, 10:46:27 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Mickael Pietrus REALLY wanted to be here, too :).

Check out his comments in the link, last three paras, and especially right at the end:

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/12/24/pietrus-celtics/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

"I think it's going to be good for me," he said. "I think I can help them both ways, offensively and defensively. They have guys who know how to win games. Those guys know how to win championships. For me, it's an honor to play for the Celtics. I'm very excited to playing with a team that has a chance to win a championship. My agent talked to other teams but for me it was important to get to a team that was going to make the playoffs...Right now I'm going to try to improve the Celtics. There's someone I really like on the team, Kevin Garnett. And I like Doc Rivers, too. It's going to be a perfect fit for me.

"I'm not in Boston for only four months," he said. "I'm in Boston for six years. I love that team."

Sounds like a team player. Thankful to have him. Wish he could suit up today and give Melo more fits, but I'll be glad to see him suit up once he's ready.

« Reply #115 on: December 25, 2011, 10:49:48 AM »

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 385
he apparantly has his physical monday and could possibly play with us against the heat

« Reply #116 on: December 25, 2011, 11:02:16 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
So that's TWO former Magic players..........perhaps ONE MORE to come next season?

« Reply #117 on: December 25, 2011, 11:13:21 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
Mickael Pietrus REALLY wanted to be here, too :).

Check out his comments in the link, last three paras, and especially right at the end:

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/12/24/pietrus-celtics/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

"I think it's going to be good for me," he said. "I think I can help them both ways, offensively and defensively. They have guys who know how to win games. Those guys know how to win championships. For me, it's an honor to play for the Celtics. I'm very excited to playing with a team that has a chance to win a championship. My agent talked to other teams but for me it was important to get to a team that was going to make the playoffs...Right now I'm going to try to improve the Celtics. There's someone I really like on the team, Kevin Garnett. And I like Doc Rivers, too. It's going to be a perfect fit for me.

"I'm not in Boston for only four months," he said. "I'm in Boston for six years. I love that team."

Sounds like a team player. Thankful to have him. Wish he could suit up today and give Melo more fits, but I'll be glad to see him suit up once he's ready.

Interesting that he mentions KG after he elbowed him or something last year while in Phoenix.

« Reply #118 on: December 25, 2011, 11:14:13 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
So that's TWO former Magic players..........perhaps ONE MORE to come next season?

Don't forget Dooling.

« Reply #119 on: December 25, 2011, 11:26:17 AM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
He's gonna need a few weeks still, right? Last I heard, he was 2 weeks away from being ready to play. That's fine, as I want to make sure he's healthy. I think Pietrus will be a huge help to the bench if he's physically right.