Author Topic: 2011 CelticsBlog Draft Board  (Read 660036 times)

Re: 2011 CelticsBlog Draft Board
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2011, 11:37:12 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
With the 1st Overall pick for this years Celticsblog Draft, The New Jersey Nets are proud to select:

Kevin Durant

Yikes. Well, better the team you love, right?
Better be ready to argue he'll be the MVP next year, because you need to get MVP talent to compete with the poor 2nd/3rd picks.

Can you assemble a core better than the Thunder's in real life?

But can Rondo and Nick assemble a core better than Miami's either? I saw it coming, Riah hinted as much last week, and personally I'm on board with Durant #1.
I don't think they can put together a better core but they can field a much deeper and more balanced team.

They'll lose some talent in their second and third stars but they can gain a great deal 4th through 10th best players. If those complement each other well, they can build a better team than the current incarnation of the Miami Heat.

I'd agree they'll field much deeper and more balanced team, but you're understating the gap in talent between Miami's other two star and whoever will be available tomorrow and Wednesday.

I think you are overestimating the ability of somebody else to put together a team that could beat the current incarnation of the heat in this league.  Talent is much more spread out across the board
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2011, 11:38:06 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
The same offer I am asking for
Is the Same offer I am offering

My 2nd and 3rd and 5th for a top 8 pick
and a Later one like 7th or something.

And for the current offers i cant answer a
lot of PM but I am working on them
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2011, 11:38:37 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I'd agree they'll field much deeper and more balanced team, but you're understating the gap in talent between Miami's other two star and whoever will be available tomorrow and Wednesday.

Conversely, I think you may be underestimating the gap between 4 through 12

« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2011, 11:38:48 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
With the 1st Overall pick for this years Celticsblog Draft, The New Jersey Nets are proud to select:

Kevin Durant

Yikes. Well, better the team you love, right?
Better be ready to argue he'll be the MVP next year, because you need to get MVP talent to compete with the poor 2nd/3rd picks.

Can you assemble a core better than the Thunder's in real life?

But can Rondo and Nick assemble a core better than Miami's either? I saw it coming, Riah hinted as much last week, and personally I'm on board with Durant #1.
I don't think they can put together a better core but they can field a much deeper and more balanced team.

They'll lose some talent in their second and third stars but they can gain a great deal 4th through 10th best players. If those complement each other well, they can build a better team than the current incarnation of the Miami Heat.

I think you are overestimating the ability of somebody else to put together a team that could beat the current incarnation of the heat in this league.  Talent is much more spread out across the board
The 24 team league will help. I think we'll see teams that could beat the Heat.

Be a title contender vs real life teams.

« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2011, 11:40:25 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I think you're both right. A) It would be really hard to put together a team with Dallas's balance of star power AND depth...and B) It would really hard to assemble a team incorporating two players of Miami's big 3, let alone all 3.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2011, 11:41:32 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Welll No.9 is for sale
But still the price isnt reach
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2011, 11:42:07 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
uh oh, missed pick?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2011, 11:42:32 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
mgent selects Dwyane Wade..or rather I do for him.

« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2011, 11:43:06 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Alright IP, I look forward to you crushing my plans only 4 picks into the draft...let's see it.

Edit: Actually...that's pretty helpful. I can live with Wade to mgent.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2011, 11:43:40 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
I think you are overestimating the ability of somebody else to put together a team that could beat the current incarnation of the heat in this league.  Talent is much more spread out across the board.

No, I agree, in past draft's it's proven very difficult, neigh impossible to put together three top tier stars, or a starting five (now four...) as talented as our own Celtics.

That said, with only 24 general managers, I do expect this years teams will look a lot more like fantasy squads. We'll actually be drafting fewer players than in the CB 20 team H2H and Points leagues - or those in the know.

« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2011, 11:43:52 AM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
good luck with the first round everyone! i have to work and will be back at 5 so send me some trade offers for my 3rd round pick. IP will announce the Thunder pick(1.7) at 12:10
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2011, 11:44:04 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
We may be looking for a new GM, depending on what mgent has to say. Tell yo' friends.

« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2011, 11:44:15 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Alright IP, I look forward to you crushing my plans only 4 picks into the draft...let's see it.

Edit: Actually...that's pretty helpful. I can live with Wade to mgent.

edit

« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2011, 11:44:49 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

I think you're both right. A) It would be really hard to put together a team with Dallas's balance of star power AND depth...and B) It would really hard to assemble a team incorporating two players of Miami's big 3, let alone all 3.

Um, isn't this the Celticsblog draft. One of them is right, one of them is wrong. No in betweens.

CUT THROAT

« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2011, 11:44:55 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
mgent selects Dwyane Wade..or rather I do for him.

IP -- to avoid any confusion... are our picks are *DUE* by the time listed or is that when we "go on the clock"?
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!