Author Topic: Celtics (4-0) at Heat (4-1) 5/1 Round 2 Game 1  (Read 134486 times)

Re: Celtics (4-0) at Heat (4-1) 5/1 Round 2 Game 1
« Reply #945 on: May 01, 2011, 06:23:53 PM »

Offline Tenacious D

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 232
Back to basketball. Those people have owned the green 2 games running. They've disprupted the C's thing and Boston has had no answers. The C's 3 supposed advantages, in the paint, at point,and off the bench did'nt manifest.  Hope Doc can find some answers or this will be over in a hurry.
"Celtics Bring Structure And Discipline To A Chaotic World"

« Reply #946 on: May 01, 2011, 06:24:00 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 737
  • MASTER OF PANIC
miami needed this game more than boston

« Reply #947 on: May 01, 2011, 06:24:07 PM »

Offline samantha28

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 156
Pierce is going to poop on their defense in game 2. Rondo and Ray will do the same. Miami won game 1 at home like they were supposed to that's all. Hopefully Shaq can come out of his break in case of emergency case.

Pierce is going to probably be suspended for game 2, so it's very good that we have Green

I don't think Pierce will be suspended for another game. Do you guys agree?

« Reply #948 on: May 01, 2011, 06:24:10 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
anyone else think wade is going to score 37 again? and james jones is going to score 23? i don't

Wade, yes. He's the best player in the NBA. But James Jones? No. Not at all.

« Reply #949 on: May 01, 2011, 06:24:24 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I really thought we were going to win this one. Oh, well, I'm feeling very good about game 2. Basically only Ray could score (and amazing he was!) tonight, Pierce made a few 3 pointers but kept shooting from long range (poor strategy), KG was awful and Rondo was terrible too, his 3 fouls in the first half certainly didn't help.

With that said I feel like Miami really played their best game with Wade going off and Jones smoking from 3 (won't happen again even if he gets good looks like in this one). However the key for us will be to play JO as much as possible (and Davis the fewer possible) and avoid the Green/Baby combo (although Green was OK individually).

Let's get game 2!

« Reply #950 on: May 01, 2011, 06:24:59 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
Pierce is going to poop on their defense in game 2. Rondo and Ray will do the same. Miami won game 1 at home like they were supposed to that's all. Hopefully Shaq can come out of his break in case of emergency case.

Pierce is going to probably be suspended for game 2, so it's very good that we have Green

I don't think Pierce will be suspended for another game. Do you guys agree?

I wouldn't be surprised if the NBA said that there shouldn't have been a second tech but he should have been kicked out for the first so no suspension.

« Reply #951 on: May 01, 2011, 06:25:00 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

I think because Pierce was ejected it's actually not so likely he'll be suspended.  In that sense, it was a good thing that he got ejected.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #952 on: May 01, 2011, 06:25:04 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2576
Lost one.  That's all.  Crazy to think we are out of this series.  Anyone who thought this was going to be a cake walk was crazy.  Equally so is anyone who thinks this game proves anything.

Refs didn't cost us this one.  There is no conspiracy.  We lost to a team that played better today. 

Tuesday night is now essential.  It can be done.  Can folks try to be a little bit hopeful?   I mean, is it really fun for people to write the C's off after their first loss in the playoffs this year?    I am tired of people drawing conclusions based on stretches of basketball or a single game. 

« Reply #953 on: May 01, 2011, 06:25:20 PM »

Online celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1398
i think the way this game thread ends show how upset celtics fans are in general....Lets hope we are in much better spirits tuesday night. shaq watch continues....

« Reply #954 on: May 01, 2011, 06:25:27 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Tough loss, but Miami showed a lot of exploitable weaknesses.  Defense + Rondo in transition is the key and we had both in spurts tonight.  Just can't spot them a 15 point halftime lead next time.  LeBron and Wade are at their best when they are protecting/adding to leads (great killer instincts).
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #955 on: May 01, 2011, 06:25:38 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
As bad as this game has been, Boston is still in this series. Tough loss today, but tuesday is another game.

Series is far from over. If the series is fairly officiated (which it wasn't today), then Boston will still win this series.

KG owns Bosh.

Wade won't play this well again.

James Jones played out of his mind.

Refs made terrible calls, and to me - favored MIA.

Tuesday is another game. MIA hasn't won this series, and they won't.

I want to agree with you on all of this, but pessimist could say James won't play this bad again and Ray Allen won't play this good. I really hope you are right though...

Lebron always plays like this. This is nothing different

« Reply #956 on: May 01, 2011, 06:26:18 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

« Reply #957 on: May 01, 2011, 06:26:36 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Back to basketball. Those people have owned the green 2 games running. They've disprupted the C's thing and Boston has had no answers. The C's 3 supposed advantages, in the paint, at point,and off the bench did'nt manifest.  Hope Doc can find some answers or this will be over in a hurry.

They do, at this point, have the two best players in the matchup.  But I expect C's to take the next game--and thus doubly even the series.

« Reply #958 on: May 01, 2011, 06:26:45 PM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68

I think because Pierce was ejected it's actually not so likely he'll be suspended.  In that sense, it was a good thing that he got ejected.

I actually agree with you on this point. HOPEFULLY the refs will have a little common sense and open-mindedness if anything is "reviewed" regarding a Pierce suspension
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle

« Reply #959 on: May 01, 2011, 06:27:08 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
Tough loss, but Miami showed a lot of exploitable weaknesses.  Defense + Rondo in transition is the key and we had both in spurts tonight.  Just can't spot them a 15 point halftime lead next time.  Wade is at his best when he is protecting/adding to leads (great killer instincts).

Fixed it for you.