Author Topic: Patriots 2011 Regular Season  (Read 105715 times)

Patriots 2011 Regular Season
« on: April 04, 2011, 06:27:50 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

This thread is dedicated to general discussion of the New England Patriots 2011 Pre-Season and Regular-Season games.

Go Patriots!!        Go Patriots!!        Go Patriots!!       Go Patriots!!        Go Patriots!!        Go Patriots!!        Go Patriots!!        Go Patriots!!        Go Patriots!!        Go Patriots!!

Should be an exciting year ... can't wait to see how this team shapes up over the pre-seaspn.

2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Re: Patriots 2011 Regular Season
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 06:28:52 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Gonna need to start talking about this team soon ... some interesting changes already made and on the way.

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 06:58:32 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Yup, can't wait for the Pats. Losing to the Jets was game 7 painful for me.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 11:31:05 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
So ... Solder (OL), Dowling (DB), Vereen (RB), Ridley (RB), Mallett (QB), Cannon (OL), Smith (TE), Carter (LB), Williams, (DB) ... any thoughts?

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 11:56:46 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
So ... Solder (OL), Dowling (DB), Vereen (RB), Ridley (RB), Mallett (QB), Cannon (OL), Smith (TE), Carter (LB), Williams, (DB) ... any thoughts?

Only thoughts right now are regarding when the season is going to start.  If we have nothing but baseball, golf, and tennis until mid october i might go nuts.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 12:59:35 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Only thoughts right now are regarding when the season is going to start.  If we have nothing but baseball, golf, and tennis until mid october i might go nuts.

I'm looking forward to the U.S. Women's World Cup Soccer bid, (and making daily sacrifices to the Lock-Out Gods to sate their hunger). ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 03:09:39 AM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 20

solder and dowling should be instant contributers.. also vereen but we are stacked @ rb..
I can't wait for the pats season solder might have to start earlier then expected because I think I herd something about matt light getting hurt.

Players to watch this season

Jermaine cunningham : I predict 8 plus sacks this season
Brandon tate : can he become our deep threat
Taylor price : could have a breakout year
Ras I Dowling : I herd a lot about this kids character he looks promising
Mayo : can he become a play maker like bruschi?
Pat chung : with the dowling pick up chung will cover less man and can rome
Gronkowski : could become a big part of this offense he's a mismatch and a good runblocker
Nate solder : he could mean bye bye matt light

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 09:08:42 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Excited to see what Vereen can do, I think he'll contribute right away.
I expect Solder and Dowling to be solid.
I expect we will not see Mallett or Cannon play this year, but will in the future.
I think Ridley and Smith will play a bit, but not much.
I think the others don't make the team.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 12:37:18 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
I posted this in the season thread because I couldn't find the pats one, but Banta-Cain is going to be released.

http://www.csnne.com/07/26/11/Report-Banta-Cain-to-be-released-by-Patr/landing_patriots.html?blockID=543725&feedID=3352
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 01:26:14 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I posted this in the season thread because I couldn't find the pats one, but Banta-Cain is going to be released.

http://www.csnne.com/07/26/11/Report-Banta-Cain-to-be-released-by-Patr/landing_patriots.html?blockID=543725&feedID=3352

Hopefully they use this to bring in someone even better than him at the OLB position. 

Matt Roth?

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 02:40:21 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28

Hopefully they use this to bring in someone even better than him at the OLB position. 

Matt Roth?

I've heard that name thrown around a lot with the Pats. 

Also Mankins is going to sign his franchise tender.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2011/7/26/2295324/report-logan-mankins-to-sign-franchise-tender
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 08:22:49 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Patriots have traded for Albert Haynsworth giving up a 5th round pick to the Redskins.

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 08:26:55 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Patriots have traded for Albert Haynsworth giving up a 5th round pick to the Redskins.

For a 5th rounder, why the heck not?  Certainly a big time gamble but Belichick certainly won't hesitate to toss him if he's an issue or doesn't buy in.

I believe the trade is also contingent on a physical so its still a big IF given the guy's past.

If he buys in? Wow.  The thought of a 4-3 look with Wilfork/Haynesworth plugging the middle?   :o

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 09:00:31 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25635
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

For a 5th rounder, why the heck not?  Certainly a big time gamble but Belichick certainly won't hesitate to toss him if he's an issue or doesn't buy in.

I believe the trade is also contingent on a physical so its still a big IF given the guy's past.

If he buys in? Wow.  The thought of a 4-3 look with Wilfork/Haynesworth plugging the middle?   :o

I don't understand why other teams don't do stuff like this.  Hayesworth is, when motivated and healthy, an absolutely dominant player.  This is a no-lose type of deal for the Pats.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 09:13:14 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

This is a fantastic deal.
Little risk to the Pats -- really the only risk is locker room disruption, but as they showed last year with Moss, the Pats won't be afraid to cut Haynesworth if this happens.
Celtics fan for life.