Author Topic: For anyone who in hindsight would rather have spent our MLE on Brad Miller  (Read 6424 times)

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU8jICYLUgo

You think if this happened to a Celtics player we would ever forgive them? Ever? Tony Allen fell for a pump fake in 2008, and we're still teasing him about it, and he's on another team!

EDIT: Also, for anyone in the pick 2 draft...Kyle Lowry, y'all!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
 ;D ;D ;D

He looks like he is about to cry...and that is before the other near turnover and airball 3.

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
;D ;D ;D

He looks like he is about to cry...and that is before the other near turnover and airball 3.

It almost makes me uncomfortable to watch...where is this guy when you need him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh3XDMzcdtU

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
I'd rather have a 80% J.O. then Miller! We need defense and length in playoffs to stop Howard, Gasol & Bynum. I would be very excited if J.O. indeed gets healthy.  He looked pretty stout defensively this season so far at 65% of himself.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I was *very* worried that Danny would give Miller a 3 year MLE deal last summer.

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Something happened to Miller the last two seasons in Minnesota and Washington.  His shooting percentage remained high but his scoring fell off a cliff.  He appears to have just stopped shooting, but his assists and rebounds didn't go up so I don't know what he was doing on the court.

I still think Miller would be have better off in Boston.  He would have got more minutes and played a more natural role than as the kickstand to Bron and Wade's moped.

Of course, that means Danny wouldn't have traded for Jeff Green, so it worked out for the best in the end.

Mike

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
Something happened to Miller the last two seasons in Minnesota and Washington.  His shooting percentage remained high but his scoring fell off a cliff.  He appears to have just stopped shooting, but his assists and rebounds didn't go up so I don't know what he was doing on the court.

I still think Miller would be have better off in Boston.  He would have got more minutes and played a more natural role than as the kickstand to Bron and Wade's moped.

Of course, that means Danny wouldn't have traded for Jeff Green, so it worked out for the best in the end.

Mike

We're talking about Mike Miller's older, taller brother Brad...

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Mike

Also not to be confused with thier uncle Steve Miller, or their adopted cousins Cheryl and Reggie Miller.

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Mike

D'oh!

Mike

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

I was *very* worried that Danny would give Miller a 3 year MLE deal last summer.

Well, instead Danny spent the MLE on somebody who predictably has tanked pretty much his whole first season.  

At least Miller has been out there trying to earn his paycheck.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Well, instead Danny spent the MLE on somebody who predictably has tanked pretty much his whole first season.  

At least Miller has been out there trying to earn his paycheck.

True, but that 3rd year would still suck.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1826
He needs to be Rondo slapped.

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 610
That pass by Miller wasn't any worse than this one by KG a couple years ago:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4r7hc_nba-celtics-93-spurs-91-f-recaps-ma_sport

I'd rather have Brad Miller than JO.  Like already mentioned, at least he's out there playing.  Worst case scenario we leave him on the bench and he gives us equal production to JO.  We coulda used him in a game like the Denver one, maybe would have been the difference and pulled out a win.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4r7hc_nba-celtics-93-spurs-91-f-recaps-ma_sport

Key element: The Celtics won that game, and KG finished with 21 points and 8 boards. The Rockets lost their game, and Brad Miller shot 25% to finish with 5 pts and 9 boards.

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

There's on GIGANTIC difference between that play and the Brad Miller one... the outcome of the game.