Author Topic: San Antonio's Hot Start  (Read 9628 times)

Re: San Antonio's Hot Start
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2011, 11:48:44 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I stick with what I said previously.

The had the best record in the league playing 2/3 of their games at home. They will come back down to earth because almost every team has a lower winning percentage on the road.

They will be one of the best teams in the league, but they will lose more as they play more on the road.

I respect yur oppinion but i am not sure
3 points and I am sure the oppinion could be different
they never give up
and have the clutchness and the talent
thats 2/3 of playing outside your home
Sure it was close. But they also have wins that were close and were almost losses. That is the nature of the NBA season. That is also why you can't take any one game too seriously.

The point is that the home/road effect will result is worse performance in 41 road games than in 41 home games, even in a great teams. Your talent comment is irrelevant to the point. The talent means they will be good on the road and at home. But they still in all likelihood will not be as good on the road as they are at home over 82 games.

The home-heavy schedule help inflate their early season record, just like how the Lakers' easy early schedule made people think they were destroying bad teams early on.

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2011, 12:06:05 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

The had the best record in the league playing 2/3 of their games at home. They will come back down to earth because almost every team has a lower winning percentage on the road.

They will be one of the best teams in the league, but they will lose more as they play more on the road.

they never give up
Sure it was close. But they also have wins that were close and were almost losses. That is the nature of the NBA season. That is also why you can't take any one game too seriously.

The point is that the home/road effect will result is worse performance in 41 road games than in 41 home games, even in a great teams. Your talent comment is irrelevant to the point. The talent means they will be good on the road and at home. But they still in all likelihood will not be as good on the road as they are at home over 82 games.

The home-heavy schedule help inflate their early season record, just like how the Lakers' easy early schedule made people think they were destroying bad teams early on.

inflate but its tought to say how much
i see lakers having a semi tough times on phoenix
at the same tiem miami winning confortable
its tough its all up to 4 points.
like in fnatasy a single rebound makes all the differnece
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2011, 12:32:03 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

they never give up

It doesn't take that much of a difference to drop you in the standings when you are talking about the top teams.

Anyway, I like the Spurs. I am not saying they aren't a top team. I am just saying that a major part of why they started so hot was the small number of road games.

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2011, 12:35:23 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

they never give up

It doesn't take that much of a difference to drop you in the standings when you are talking about the top teams.

Anyway, I like the Spurs. I am not saying they aren't a top team. I am just saying that a major part of why they started so hot was the small number of road games.

I know and I get it from first comment
but ypu played a lot of bad teams on the road too

Nice to be back!

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2011, 12:36:50 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
well as i pointed before they rely all their game today on the 3 pointers of Manu that keeps them in the game and almost beat us

I said that before because even if they attack and play a littke mid range they need the 3s from amnu, parlker, jefferson, hill and Neal and sometimes boner to stay in games
Celtics style even if we love to see the ice cold veins shots by allen and sometimes pierce relies more on the most uneffective shot on basketball, the mid range.

but theyre an experinced very hungry team, full of hustle that never gives up

I a even more sure now that theyre a threat to all , specially the lakers

Having KG on the floor probably would have put them more than a three pointer away from beating us.

Yea, KG and competent refs!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2011, 12:40:39 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
well as i pointed before they rely all their game today on the 3 pointers of Manu that keeps them in the game and almost beat us

I said that before because even if they attack and play a littke mid range they need the 3s from amnu, parlker, jefferson, hill and Neal and sometimes boner to stay in games
Celtics style even if we love to see the ice cold veins shots by allen and sometimes pierce relies more on the most uneffective shot on basketball, the mid range.

Having KG on the floor probably would have put them more than a three pointer away from beating us.

Competent refs? That's crazy talk.

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2011, 12:43:21 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

Competent refs? That's crazy talk.

ironic i am sure?
if not it works anyhow

p.s. really JO did a perfect defensive job and show himself more willing to see boards than KG all year long tonight
and I am talking only that side

Nice to be back!