Author Topic: It's official. Lebron chooses the Heat . . .  (Read 20334 times)

Re: It's official. Lebron chooses the Heat . . .
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2010, 09:48:49 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
Gotta respect Lebron giving love to Boston (and Rondo and Perk in particular).

Also, interesting to see that all three of their stars are taking less than the max.  I mean, we hate Lebron's spectacle and ego, but can you hate on him for taking less money, and going to the city that gives him the best chance to win (even though he'll be partially over-shadowed by Wade.)

I'm having the same thoughts. Will have to sort them out but...

From a bball POV - it's the smart move and an admirable one.
From an ego fulfillment and media saturation POV - it's the worst night in league history.

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2010, 09:50:09 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
LeBron is a looser to teamup with TWO all-stars...

I'm going to disagree.  I think Lebron saw the way Pierce, KG, and Ray came together late in their careers, and decided that he wanted to enjoy that experience for a longer period of time.

I think that this does take some of the shine off of Lebron's star, but I can't really fault him for taking a perceived short cut to a championship.

I hear that.  But why not Chicago? They're two All Stars there (Rose, Boozer).  They already have the supporting cast (which Miami doesn't).  

I think he probably trusts the Miami organization more; Chicago has a history of being cheap.  Plus, I get the feeling that Lebron really, really respects / likes Wade, and wanted to play with him.

(Good for Lebron again, giving props to DJ along with the original Big Three.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2010, 09:50:22 PM »

Offline muddy02

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
I agree about Bosh being overrated. Pau is better,Dirk is better.. He's not a top 10 guy. Nasty to be the THIRD best on a team though.

i would honestly take (a healthy) Perk over Bosh for what they bring to the table as a total package.  And he's our FIFTH best player.

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2010, 09:50:44 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
It will take a year or two to gel, but I see this team winning multiple championships. Three top ten players on one team is scary.

Is Bosh a top 10 talent?

Wade's body holding up throughout will be hugely important. Certainly James and Bosh's durability is a boon to that team.

« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2010, 09:50:57 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
I agree about Bosh being overrated. Pau is better,Dirk is better.. He's not a top 10 guy. Nasty to be the THIRD best on a team though.

i would honestly take (a healthy) Perk over Bosh for what they bring to the table as a total package.  And he's our FIFTH best player.

You'd be making a massive, massive mistake.

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2010, 09:51:18 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
If you understand the game, you understand the enormous chance Miami stands to implode as a result of these deals.

Couldn't agree more. In fact, let them battle through the regular season and win 60-66 games. With a bunch of minimum salary role players and draft picks, those three guys are gonna play over 40 minutes a game. The East is going to be a tough road to the finals for whatever team makes it there, and "the Decision" didn't change the game to a three man sport.

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2010, 09:52:07 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3069
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Once again we will be the only team in the league that can cover each of thee guys 1 on 1.

Either of them yes, both of them on the same team it's yet to be seen.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2010, 09:54:26 PM »

Offline muddy02

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8

obviously you can't compare a PF to C in terms of scoring, but Perk does his role better than bosh does at his position.

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2010, 09:55:25 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Gotta respect Lebron giving love to Boston (and Rondo and Perk in particular).

Also, interesting to see that all three of their stars are taking less than the max.  I mean, we hate Lebron's spectacle and ego, but can you hate on him for taking less money, and going to the city that gives him the best chance to win (even though he'll be partially over-shadowed by Wade.)

I'm having the same thoughts. Will have to sort them out but...

From a bball POV - it's the smart move and an admirable one.
From an ego fulfillment and media saturation POV - it's the worst night in league history.

I don't get why Miami gives LBJ a better chance to win than Chicago.  At best it's even.  I'd argue its tilted in favor of Chicago.

That said, I don't want to undermine his decision -- he clearly could have made more money in New York, and he did just put a high priority on winning.  That's good.  

It'll be interesting to see how the dynamic plays out in Miami, though.  There are lots of comparisons being made to the Celtics in 2008, but there are some big differences.  KG, PP and RA were at the tail end of their careers and willing to sacrifice.  LBJ, Bosh and Wade aren't quite there yet; Wade already has a ring so may be less hungry; LBJ has been and always will be searching for the spotlight -- you can't say the same about KG or Ray Allen.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2010, 09:55:30 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
Once again we will be the only team in the league that can cover each of thee guys 1 on 1.

Either of them yes, both of them on the same team it's yet to be seen.

KG on Bosh
Pierce on LeBron
Allen on Wade

Only team who can matchup that well again it.

« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2010, 09:56:05 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
Now I WANT Pat Riley to coach these guys. Perfect villain.

« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2010, 09:56:20 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
WOW HOW CLASSLESS IS ESPN SHOWING HIS CAVS JERSEY GETTING BURNT!
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2010, 09:56:48 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney

obviously you can't compare a PF to C in terms of scoring, but Perk does his role better than bosh does at his position.

Sorry - I just can't believe anyone who's watched them both play could possibly express this opinion with a straight face...

« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2010, 09:57:24 PM »

Offline Celtics Insider

• Jrue Holiday

He definitely does not.
http://celticsinsider.freehostingcloud.com/
Celtics Insider - Your #1 Source For Anything And Everything Boston Celtics And NBA!

« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2010, 09:57:39 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
Now I WANT Pat Riley to coach these guys. Perfect villain.

Me too HAHA I cannot WAIT TO BEAT PHIL JACKSON AND PAT RILEY!!  The two best coaches the Lakers have ever had are going to be beat in the same season by their biggest rival the Boston Celtics!  

I LOVE IT!!!
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce