Author Topic: It's official. Lebron chooses the Heat . . .  (Read 20390 times)

Re: It's official. Lebron chooses the Heat . . .
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2010, 09:39:43 PM »

Offline muddy02

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
this doesn't really change anything, you can't just add player's stats together and say they are gonna score a combined 75 points a game.  They can't each take 25 shots a game.  Just play regular defense and they will get frusterated and implode.

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2010, 09:40:25 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 133
Did anyone else catch him saying, "it's not about sharing, it's about the spotlight"? What a clown.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2010, 09:40:55 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
LeBron is a looser to teamup with TWO all-stars...

I'm going to disagree.  I think Lebron saw the way Pierce, KG, and Ray came together late in their careers, and decided that he wanted to enjoy that experience for a longer period of time.

I think that this does take some of the shine off of Lebron's star, but I can't really fault him for taking a perceived short cut to a championship.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2010, 09:41:45 PM »

Offline Celtics Insider

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
Did anyone else catch him saying, "it's not about sharing, it's about the spotlight"? What a clown.
Exctly!
http://celticsinsider.freehostingcloud.com/
Celtics Insider - Your #1 Source For Anything And Everything Boston Celtics And NBA!

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2010, 09:42:32 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 895
  • GOT IT!!!
If the Big 3 never came together this probably wouldn't have happened. They seem to have started a trend. It is what it is.

If the C's are gonna beat this super team the role players are going to have to step up BIG.

But who are gonna be the Heat role players in '10-11?  Long-term, that Heat team could be devastating but right now?

Probably a bunch of junk vets. That's why I say the C's role players are going to have to step up.

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2010, 09:42:58 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
I think people are really kidding themselves thinking the Heat won't have a good enough supporting cast. You're all in denial thinking that. Sorry. They will build a great team.They will mesh perfectly. As much of egomaniacs Lebron and Wade are(WADE LOVES wearing his name on his face.lol)Lebron is a very unselfish player on the court. He makes other people better more than any other player in the Nba.

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2010, 09:44:05 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
Once again we will be the only team in the league that can cover each of thee guys 1 on 1.

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2010, 09:44:45 PM »

Offline muddy02

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
i think something that's been overlooked is the fact that Bosh is waaaaaay overrated.  He's done nothing in his career to warrant Big 3 status.  

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2010, 09:45:58 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

I'm going to disagree.  I think Lebron saw the way Pierce, KG, and Ray came together late in their careers, and decided that he wanted to enjoy that experience for a longer period of time.

I think that this does take some of the shine off of Lebron's star, but I can't really fault him for taking a perceived short cut to a championship.

I hear that.  But why not Chicago? They're two All Stars there (Rose, Boozer).  They already have the supporting cast (which Miami doesn't).  
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2010, 09:47:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
They won't win next year. Bosh is a weak link. The guy is in no way a max player. KG , Gasol and many other PF's own this frail player.

So Miami has Wade and Lebron but nobody to man the boards nor dish the ball nor give them some breathing room while they rest.

Celtics and Lakers are good because they have an overall well balanced team.

Whats selfish of these guys is also trying to be together and all wanting max contracts. Why doesn't wade, james and bosh sacrafice their pay so that they have a better overall team?

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2010, 09:47:16 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Gotta respect Lebron giving love to Boston (and Rondo and Perk in particular).

Also, interesting to see that all three of their stars are taking less than the max.  I mean, we hate Lebron's spectacle and ego, but can you hate on him for taking less money, and going to the city that gives him the best chance to win (even though he'll be partially over-shadowed by Wade.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2010, 09:47:46 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
I agree about Bosh being overrated. Pau is better,Dirk is better.. He's not a top 10 guy. Nasty to be the THIRD best on a team though.

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2010, 09:48:11 PM »

Offline houseonfire09

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • Thank you Eddie!
Wow.  This is the worst possible outcome for everyone involved.  Miami can't expect to win a title with three guys taking all their cap space and 9 D-Leaugers, can they (forget that they have no real fans for a minute)?  A contending Knicks team would have made this season... no, this decade so much more fun for some reason.  Poor Cavs fans, especially to the rational one that we had on here during the Cavs series.

Also, I'll be SHOCKED if the Celtics don't win the East next year.  Remember, the regular season was proven irrelevant by the last near title run.
"If David Stern ran the NHL, is there any chance his meal ticket's team would blow a Game 7 in Round 1? Put a pair of skates on Dick Bavetta!" -Bill Simmons

« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2010, 09:48:32 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439

I think the fact that LeBron, Wade and Bosh are all way younger than Ray, Paul and KG when they united changes a lot of things. Especially perception wise. The idea of teaming up with the best available talent is good, obviously, and the right choice, but by joining Miami, if he wins a title (or multiple ones) he will be remembered as the MVP who joined Wade and Bosh to win and not vice versa. He will be second bananas to Wade even if he has the better stats.

It truly affects his image, in a bad way, in my opinion. Chicago would have been a better choice to play for a championship, create a dynasty, and be THE man.

By the way you're right, LeBron just talked about the Celtics as models, praising Rondo's rise and Perk's, saying if he didn't get injured they would have won 2 titltes in 3 years...

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2010, 09:48:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Hobbs i'm not watching the conference but you sure they are all taking less money? I guess i can take my comment back above then.

They need to do that in order to build a strong team overall