Author Topic: It's official. Lebron chooses the Heat . . .  (Read 20418 times)

Re: It's official. Lebron chooses the Heat . . .
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2010, 11:15:36 PM »

Offline Celtics Insider

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
Miami has it's starting lineup in place.

If they do a solid job filling out there bench, they're the team to beat in the East.

Yes, they are, but it doesn't mean they're the best team.  IMO if we fill out our bench right we're still the best team in the East.
TP
http://celticsinsider.freehostingcloud.com/
Celtics Insider - Your #1 Source For Anything And Everything Boston Celtics And NBA!

« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2010, 11:16:08 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
If they can pickup Shaq and Miller consider me intimidated.

Can't see both.  I don't think Miller is going to settle for the minimum with so many teams with money out there. 

« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2010, 11:18:21 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Skip Bayless on twitter:

All I'll say tonite is, he is who I always said he was: Prince. Robin. Yankee-Cowboy fan who always thought he was doing Cleveland a favor.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2010, 11:22:23 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 133
Skip Bayless on twitter:

All I'll say tonite is, he is who I always said he was: Prince. Robin. Yankee-Cowboy fan who always thought he was doing Cleveland a favor.

One of a very few things I'll agree with Skip on. Lebron is an absolute clown. I hate Kobe, but at least he didn't skip out of town for green pastures, and obviously it paid off for him.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2010, 11:23:30 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • GOT IT!!!
Skip Bayless on twitter:

I don't agree with Bayless much but this I agree with. LeBron wants to win but he doesn't want to be the alpha dog in doing so. As great as LeBron is I've always thought he lacked that toughness the great ones have. Wade has that and it will be his team.

« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2010, 11:23:45 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Skip Bayless on twitter:

One of a very few things I'll agree with Skip on. Lebron is an absolute clown. I hate Kobe, but at least he didn't skip out of town for green pastures, and obviously it paid off for him.

Well, technically he did strong-arm himself out of Charlotte by forcing the Hornets to trade him immediately after their drafted him.  

« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2010, 11:26:20 PM »

Offline outcry

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 133
Skip Bayless on twitter:

Well, technically he did strong-arm himself out of Charlotte by forcing the Hornets to trade him immediately after their drafted him.  

True, but he had the chance to move on from the Lakers when they didn't have much of a supporting cast at all. I respect Kobe because he's a finisher, something Lebron is not.
2011 PAPOUG CHAMPION

« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2010, 11:39:23 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
Skip Bayless on twitter:

Haha TP for that I couldn't agree with Skip more.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2010, 11:41:46 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2010, 11:44:58 PM »

Offline greg_kite

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
Why are people saying this is going to be Wade's team?  Lebron is clearly the best of the three.  When KG came to Boston it was his team even though Pierce stayed as captain.

I think this is great for the NBA.  The C's window is closing and if they can't win I'd like to see a team that's great, fun to watch and ISN'T the Lakers.  I rooted for the Bulls in the 90's when the C's were terrible and it kept me interested in hoops.

If I were Lebron my choices would have been between Miami and Chicago.  In Chicago he would have a more balanced team, but Miami has the best top tier talent that will be easier to fill with cheaper role players, similar to Boston.

I actually respect his decision.  He can actually average a triple double now because he doesn't have to do all the scoring.  He tried in Cleveland but he clearly had to carry too much of a load in the playoffs, and they weren't getting any better next year.

He will leave a better legacy by having a memorable team and winning titles with Miami, even if he has to share the spotlight, than he would by coming close a few times with the Cavs.

« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2010, 11:46:02 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Skip Bayless on twitter:

True, but he had the chance to move on from the Lakers when they didn't have much of a supporting cast at all. I respect Kobe because he's a finisher, something Lebron is not.
Uh he tried to force a trade, only his insistence on Chicago not including Luol Deng in the deal for him stopped it. So his demanded trade wasn't good enough for him, so the Lakers said no we'll wait it out.

Kobe doesn't really deserve credit for staying in LA because of that.

« Reply #116 on: July 08, 2010, 11:47:27 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
Skip Bayless on twitter:

Uh he tried to force a trade, only his insistence on Chicago not including Luol Deng in the deal for him stopped it. So his demanded trade wasn't good enough for him, so the Lakers said no we'll wait it out.

Kobe doesn't really deserve credit for staying in LA because of that.

TP Kobe doesn't deserve a word that ends with it and starts with sh.  The guys is a rapist jerk.

« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2010, 12:03:42 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
It's interesting that the "Dependent Three" continue to talk about sacrifice and how they have players they have on their wishlist that will need to make sacrifices as well. Well lets look at this realistically, the three are taking about a 5% pay cut in order for all this to work, and they will more than easily make it up in endorsements. However, the players they want will be asked to make 50-75% pay cuts. If they really wanted to sacrifice they should have all taken 10 mill signed David Lee and formed a real team with free agents.

These guys are all getting payed and will be asking role players to make a sacrifice for a chance to play with them, let's call it what it really is.

« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2010, 12:10:42 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
I can't imagine the tweets LeBron is getting right now.  Wrong time to get a twitter account.

« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2010, 12:13:56 AM »

Offline Celtics Insider

• Jrue Holiday
I can't imagine the tweets LeBron is getting right now.  Wrong time to get a twitter account.
Funny, considering I just called him a piece of scum on Twitter for saying that sharing and spotlight quote.
http://celticsinsider.freehostingcloud.com/
Celtics Insider - Your #1 Source For Anything And Everything Boston Celtics And NBA!