Author Topic: sign and trade ray allen for david lee now that knicks have stodemire and lebron  (Read 4822 times)

Offline Rondo /doc

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
It works we get our pf-c  david lee .Can still use sheeds contract for another young player hopefully . Knicks with lebron and stodemire get a great guy ray and deadly sharpshooter .

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
i believe the knicks will have to renounce lee in order to sign lebron...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
Dont want to facilitate making the Knicks into instant conteders. Let them find their own SG.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

The Knicks have leBron?

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Yeah, why panic?  Make them make the tough decisions and then grab Lee if we can and hopefully keep Ray too.  We still have Sheed money on the table.

Offline CELTICSNUM1

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
I haven't heard for sure that LeBron was going to Knicks, but
I would LOVE for this to happen. Was talking about this exact trade a few days ago with my brother.

This would actually make sense if the following reports are true.

1. LeBron has talked to Ray about joining him in Miami.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sedano-says/2010/06/lebron-recruiting-ray-allen-for-heat-dream-team.html

2. Celtics were the 1st team to contact David Lee at the start of FA.

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/2126494/source-celtics-first-contact-lee

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

They will, so this would have to be done quickly.  I still think Sheed and Ray for Lee and Curry makes sense for both teams, as long as they can stomach dealing within the division. 

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Law mercy!

They will, so this would have to be done quickly.  I still think Sheed and Ray for Lee and Curry makes sense for both teams, as long as they can stomach dealing within the division. 
Then what would your feeling be on Danny's plan for a starting SG?  Just curious.

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
I've been pining for this deal for a month or so. LeBron to Knicks with Amare, even with Ray doesn't equal instant wins. LeBron will have to buy into Mike D'Antoni's system and both seem like they could butt heads.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Then what would your feeling be on Danny's plan for a starting SG?  Just curious.

Throw the MLE at Morrow, Reddick, or Mike Miller.  And if they do not pan out by the deadline, use Curry's expiring deal to bring someone else in.

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70

There have been rumors that curry for monta ellis was  a possible deal for the knicks after their signings. We'll see.

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Law mercy!

They will, so this would have to be done quickly.  I still think Sheed and Ray for Lee and Curry makes sense for both teams, as long as they can stomach dealing within the division.  
Then what would your feeling be on Danny's plan for a starting SG?  Just curious.

Throw the MLE at Morrow, Reddick, or Mike Miller.  And if they do not pan out by the deadline, use Curry's expiring deal to bring someone else in.
I could live with that.  Is there no way to get two of those shooters after letting TA walk?

Offline Rondo /doc

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
I agree celtics need 2 of the 3 of murrow, miller and reddick !

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
I don't know.  I'm not sold on Lee.  He played in a high volume offense that lead to a ton of chances at shots and a ton of chances at rebounds. 

For the right money I'd think about it, but I don't know if he's a third option, let alone a second. 

Plus, for next year, I'd say that keeping Ray might be the better thing for the team.  After that's a different story, but if winning #18 is priority #1, it might not be the best thing. 

Offline MR.BOMB

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 2
Getting Lee for Ray Allen would be an absolute steal if this ever happened.
This would help solve our rebounding issues and having Rondo on the break with Pierce, Lee and Garnett would obliterate everybody.

We would also still having our mid-level exception. (and maybe Rasheed's contract too)
 Redick or Miller with the mid-level is just as good as Ray Allen at his age.
(both shot a higher percentage from three, and are not bad defenders)