Author Topic: 2010 NBA Draft Thread  (Read 115211 times)

Re: 2010 NBA Draft Thread
« Reply #345 on: June 24, 2010, 09:59:49 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
thunder loading up...they might be the ones to knock the lakers out

I would rather the Celtics knock off the Lakers.

Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #346 on: June 24, 2010, 09:59:59 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
From NBADraft.net:

The Eastern Conference champs are in a serious state of flux. The Celts are in desperate need of an infusion of youth, which Avery Bradley will bring. He's the best perimeter defender in the draft, but a bit of a tweener (not a real point guard, not tall enough to play full-time 2-guard) and a lousy outside shooter.Much like teammate Rajon Rondo, he struggles at the free-throw line far too much for a guard. Still, Bradley is a terrific athlete and will earn minutes right away as a lockdown defender. A Rondo-Bradley backcourt immediately becomes the NBA's best perimeter-defensive tandem. Plus, he fills the Celtics quota for "guards with two first names" in case Ray Allen departs. -Nick Prevenas

Haha. Here's a snippet from nbadraft.net's profile of Bradley:

Bradley's biggest asset offensively is his ability to shoot from the outside ... He can hit from a catch and shoot position, and looks beyond comfortable pulling up off the dribble.

Draft express also had a lot of comments about what a good shooter he was with plenty of stats to back it up.

« Reply #347 on: June 24, 2010, 10:00:15 PM »

Offline openairmovie

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 58
OMG that ad just made me wanna cry.  Why do they have to have that call in the beginning of that commercial.  

missed the commercial  girl took over the TV once celtics picked until they pick again...real housewives  or some balogna like that    what was the commercial  or do I dare ask

The commercial was fine except for the first line.  Let me just say it was the worst thing you've ever heard in your life and you heard last Thursday.  

guessing it had to do something with a rapist, a llama and fishlips

« Reply #348 on: June 24, 2010, 10:00:18 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
I wanted James or Whiteside with that draft pick. Pondexter would have worked too.

I think Bradley is alright but I would have preferred someone else.

« Reply #349 on: June 24, 2010, 10:00:29 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1651
  • What a Pub Should Be
New Jersey Nets select: Jordan Crawford G Xavier

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #350 on: June 24, 2010, 10:00:39 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3072
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
From NBADraft.net:

The Eastern Conference champs are in a serious state of flux. The Celts are in desperate need of an infusion of youth, which Avery Bradley will bring. He's the best perimeter defender in the draft, but a bit of a tweener (not a real point guard, not tall enough to play full-time 2-guard) and a lousy outside shooter.Much like teammate Rajon Rondo, he struggles at the free-throw line far too much for a guard. Still, Bradley is a terrific athlete and will earn minutes right away as a lockdown defender. A Rondo-Bradley backcourt immediately becomes the NBA's best perimeter-defensive tandem. Plus, he fills the Celtics quota for "guards with two first names" in case Ray Allen departs. -Nick Prevenas

Bradley's biggest asset offensively is his ability to shoot from the outside ...

Rondo?? lol
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #351 on: June 24, 2010, 10:00:59 PM »

Offline Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
if this bum is getting minutes next year... i'll assume we're in major trouble.   Well the draft was a welcome distraction... I'm going to go back to mourning the death of our window.
Really you think he is a bum and hasan't played a game in the NBA? REALLY?

« Reply #352 on: June 24, 2010, 10:01:16 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
another crawford in atlanta

« Reply #353 on: June 24, 2010, 10:01:42 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
If its any consolation, the Celtics have drafted the shortest player so far...
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #354 on: June 24, 2010, 10:03:22 PM »

Offline openairmovie

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 58
thunder loading up...they might be the ones to knock the lakers out

I would rather the Celtics knock off the Lakers.

I agree with celticinorlando....  if im LA  im sweating heavy right now    OKC has a legit shot at a 2 or even 1 seed next year...WOW  how good would Durant have looked in green....going to go jump off the tobin now

« Reply #355 on: June 24, 2010, 10:05:07 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC
thunder needed size...they got it tonight

« Reply #356 on: June 24, 2010, 10:05:07 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Does he play behind, or with Rondo?

No matter how good of a defender Bradley is, it still means we´d have an undersized backcourt with shooting problems. Why pick the BPA if he doesn´t really fit on your team? Or is this a sign for a Rondo trade to come?

I´m confused...
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #357 on: June 24, 2010, 10:05:36 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Does he play behind, or with Rondo?

No matter how good of a defender Bradley is, it still means we´d have an undersized backcourt with shooting problems. Why pick the BPA if he doesn´t really fit on your team? Or is this a sign for a Rondo trade to come?

I´m confused...

both

« Reply #358 on: June 24, 2010, 10:05:54 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
From NBADraft.net:

Bradley's biggest asset offensively is his ability to shoot from the outside ... He can hit from a catch and shoot position, and looks beyond comfortable pulling up off the dribble.

Draft express also had a lot of comments about what a good shooter he was with plenty of stats to back it up.

Gotta chime in on this... TP to Tim for beating me to it.

I saw a lot of Texas basketball this season, and I don't know where the idea of Bradley as a poor outside shooter proliferated. 37.5% from distance as a freshman is not terrible at all, and I can say with confidence I like the idea of him as a catch-and-shoot player if the Celtics go small at times with Rondo-Bradley-Pierce-Davis-Garnett. Also, this guy can flat out defend, reading passing lanes off the ball just as well as he defends on the ball. Also, everyone know that move Rondo has when a big on the other team grabs a defensive board and Rondo doubles back to strip him? That's an Avery Bradley speciality (for better or worse), but I personally like the pick very much. I'm a defense first guy, so this puts him just ahead of Anderson in my book. I hope they don't trade him.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #359 on: June 24, 2010, 10:07:08 PM »

Offline Marqui

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
Way too much talk about need and not enough about talent.  

I'll trust Danny here.  
That's basically how I feel about it. We weren't getting an immediate impact wing or big at #19.