Author Topic: Resign Scal!  (Read 8585 times)

Resign Scal!
« on: June 18, 2010, 09:59:48 AM »

Offline bobdelt

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
His defense was tremendous tonight. Kept us in the game.

Re: Resign Scal!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 10:04:36 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Vet min.

Good 12th man.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 10:05:33 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
I would prefer Singleton over Scalabrine for that role but Scal is a good option too.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 10:06:10 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 10:06:24 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Truthfully, he's a fine player for the vet minimum, but he may have more value with a non-guaranteed deal sign-and-trade, with a buyout clause pre-negotiated in the contract.

Then come back for the minimum to play with Joe Johnson (dream...).

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 10:08:11 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
No thanks...  Five years of him was enough for me.  He offers nothing, and the only reason he suited up was due to Perk's injury.  He does nothing of value on the floor, and I'm not into signing a guy just because he's nice...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 10:12:17 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
No thanks...  Five years of him was enough for me.  He offers nothing, and the only reason he suited up was due to Perk's injury.  He does nothing of value on the floor, and I'm not into signing a guy just because he's nice...

He stepped in last night, having not played in a long time, and provide a short burst of good defense.

That is what you need at the end of the bench.

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 11:02:50 AM »

Offline bobdelt

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26

He's been more than serviceable and has had some great games.

Hell, I bet he's shooting better than Ray Allen right now.

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2010, 11:03:32 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
If Ainge thinks the team has one more run, Scal gets resigned.

wdleehi is absolutely right.  Amazing how sharp Scal was after so much time out of uniform.

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2010, 11:18:50 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442

He's been more than serviceable and has had some great games.

Hell, I bet he's shooting better than Ray Allen right now.
ah, all the highlights in my head of Scal's great games...

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 11:30:06 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 610

He stepped in last night, having not played in a long time, and provide a short burst of good defense.

That is what you need at the end of the bench.

You need to pay somebody to man that end of the bench spot who won't play anyways.  We're gonna spend the vet. min on somebody (which the league reimburses in part).  So why not have it be Scal?  He's great for team chemistry and that's basically all you're gonna get out of your 15th man except somebody who can step up and be serviceable when a key injury goes down.  Oh, Scal showed he can do that too.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 06:00:56 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
We need to have a guy or two sitting at the end of the bench which can be DEVELOPED.  This is a critical time in the life of this franchise. 

At the very least, Scal WAITS for any kind of contract offer.  I bet nobody signs him, but if they do I don't get in a bidding war for him.  If he's sitting around with nowhere to go come camp then I guess I'd relent and offer him a couple bucks to return...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 06:11:48 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
We need to have a guy or two sitting at the end of the bench which can be DEVELOPED.  This is a critical time in the life of this franchise. 

At the very least, Scal WAITS for any kind of contract offer.  I bet nobody signs him, but if they do I don't get in a bidding war for him.  If he's sitting around with nowhere to go come camp then I guess I'd relent and offer him a couple bucks to return...

Yeah. Scal woudl be wayyyyy down the list on priorites. If the team is filled out towards the end of the summer, Scal could be signed for the minimum as a 15th man/insurance.

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 06:18:34 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I think Scal ought to inherit Ty Lue's spot on the end of the bench: the assistant coach/emergency player option.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2010, 03:29:00 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218

Kinda like Kevin Millar's role while he was with the Red Sox. People liked him but he didn't do a whole lot for the team in terms of production. And because he didn't produce, I didn't care for him. Don't care for Scal either. Let him go!