Author Topic: The positive things from game 1 ( Put PP on Kobe, Perk on Gasol on D)  (Read 4492 times)

Re: The positive things from game 1
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 01:39:58 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
REBOUND REBOUND REBOUND!

Pierce: 9reb
Rondo: 6reb (4 offensive)
Rasheed: 4reb
Garnett: 4reb
Perkins: 6reb
BBD: 3reb
Nate: 2reb

Not good.

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 01:42:18 AM »

Offline Bynum4MVP

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 21
I'm not sure about that. Celtics have to win one of the first two road games to have a chance.

Conversely, if the Lakers lose 1 of the first 2, it's pretty devastating.

Outside of close-out games on the road, the Lakers are very pedestrian and almost poor on the road.

Having 3 in a row in Boston will be very daunting for the Lakers if they lose one of the first 2.
Anything is POSSSIBBBLLEEE!!!!!
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16
REPEAT!

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 01:52:40 AM »

Offline Carhole

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 63
-In the 4th quarter PP was absolutely shredding the lakers apart with the high pick and roll with KG. Artest is to strong for PP to post up and iso time after time, but if you get him trying to fight around picks he is not as effective. Or gasol/bynum swith onto PP and he blows by them or gets to the line.

-

My question is at what point did Artest show he could handle him in the post or on an ISO tonight?

PP blew by him on his only posted up and had his step back the only other two times he really iso-ed? Artest is not nearly the defender he was 5 years ago his lateral movement is gone.

It looks like LA will still have trouble with PPs high pick and roll which is good but that reduces rondo's role which is not great. I do not know if this team is ready to hand the keys to the Offense over to PP.

When PP had ball on the wings with Rondo initiating O out top the lane was completely clogged with help and PP made some bad decisions on kickouts.

On offense he has to be our constant and from tonights action I do not see anything to make me think he cant be

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2010, 02:00:54 AM »

Offline Carhole

• Derrick White
Other positives were the PP still gives kobe fits on defense and I liked the way baby played.

Maybe move PP to kobe and dare them to Post up artest for 20 touches a game....I do not think the lakers would ever use artest that much no matter what the matchup

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2010, 02:06:44 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Other positives were the PP still gives kobe fits on defense and I liked the way baby played.

Maybe move PP to kobe and dare them to Post up artest for 20 touches a game....I do not think the lakers would ever use artest that much no matter what the matchup

Yea PP needs to be covering kobe for the majority of the time when PP and Ray are out there. PP has enough quickness to stay in front of kobe and takes away kobes ability to post up.

Also if PP is matched up with kobe on D that means Artest is going to have to pick up Ray in transition D which could get Ray going, there is no way Artest can stay with Ray .
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 02:19:25 AM by rondohondo »

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2010, 02:20:06 AM »

Offline Carhole

• Derrick White

Yea PP needs to be covering kobe for the majority of the time when PP and Ray are out there. PP has enough quickness to stay in front of kobe and takes away kobes ability to post up.

Also if PP is matched up with kobe on D that means Artest is going to have to pick up Ray I'm transition D which could get Ray going, there is no way Artest can stay with Ray .

God I would kill to see Artest lose Ray in transition for from open threes on the break. We need ray's shooting so much against this team. Should be interesting to see if they decide to go to this in game two.

Oddly enough tonight I thought the refs were decent and actually called two quick fouls on kobe when he was getting to aggressive with the body on Paul. If that was to continue and we made the switch it would be an interesting twist to game 2

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2010, 02:58:14 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Also if PP is matched up with kobe on D that means Artest is going to have to pick up Ray I'm transition D which could get Ray going, there is no way Artest can stay with Ray .

God I would kill to see Artest lose Ray in transition for from open threes on the break. We need ray's shooting so much against this team. Should be interesting to see if they decide to go to this in game two.

Oddly enough tonight I thought the refs were decent and actually called two quick fouls on kobe when he was getting to aggressive with the body on Paul. If that was to continue and we made the switch it would be an interesting twist to game 2

Yea I also think putting Perk on Gasol would be a big help for our D. Kg doesn't have the strength to keep Gasol away from the rim. Perk ,BBD and Sheed are all stronger (sheed has the length ,bbd the foot speed ) so Gasol has to take tougher contested shots from further away.

I will take my chances with Bynum trying to post up KG, he is not nearly as skilled as Gasol in the low post. Plus with bynums gimpy knee, I think KG can beat him up the floor and get some easy fast break basket, like he did with that one alley oop in game 1 from rondo.

PP on Kobe
Perk on Gasol

That's the way to go IMO. Give us our best wing and low post defenders guarding Kobe and Gasol. It also creates mismatches in transition ( Artest having to pick up Ray, KG trying to beat a gimpy Bynum up and down the court)

Re: The positive things from game 1 ( Put PP on Kobe, Perk on Gasol on D)
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2010, 03:37:52 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Some positives, I think this game helps our strategy.  I agree with the defensive adjustments above as well as get Paul into some high pick and roll.

I wanted this game but I'm kinda glad we lost crazy I know.

1) If we'd won this game the team might've been too sure of themselves and this is a good Laker team that yyou can't be complacent against, not gonna happen for sure now

2) I'd love to be the one to end that Game 1 streak Phil and Kobe  have especially since he took Red's record.

3) I know its not 1969 and that was before my time but that team (which this one seems to remind everyone from back then of) lost the FIRST 2 and won in 7.  I'm not hoping for that I definitely think we need the split in LA but I think this game gives the team lots of material and they will come out much better and more prepared Sunday night and the Lakers will have to adjust on the road to what the Celtics bring.

4) The Lakers played well but they didn't scare me at all.  Kobe is as scary as he normally is...not much you can do with that (but let Paul play him more) and Pau is a heck of player but we made him look REALLY good tonight and I think he can be handled as well.

5) Last thing we got good energy from Sheed and Nate, I think they will be great contributors for us and will give us a great boost as the series wears on.

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2010, 03:47:25 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 06:17:40 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2010, 06:13:15 AM »

Offline aTavalance

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
In my opinion,the positive thing from game 1 is that Doc saw (i hope) that when he gives minutes to Finley Lakers point him with their offence. Every time they drag him outside where a missmatch in speed exists. Then they go for the lay-up and of cource finley cannot keep up.
The Celtics shocked the world again...