Author Topic: The positive things from game 1 ( Put PP on Kobe, Perk on Gasol on D)  (Read 4493 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
-In the 4th quarter PP was absolutely shredding the lakers apart with the high pick and roll with KG. Artest is to strong for PP to post up and iso time after time, but if you get him trying to fight around picks he is not as effective. Or gasol/bynum swith onto PP and he blows by them or gets to the line.

- Ray Allen won't be in this kind of foul trouble(I hope) for the whole series. When the games got to boston, the C's should be getting the majority of the calls.

- I saw hustle down to the very last minute in the 4th quarter, just wish they could have brough it earlier. PP had that coast to coast and 1 layup with 25 seconds left going 1 on 3. To me that was PP showing there's no quit,

-BBD was very effective at keeping Gasol out of the low post. Gasol cannot move BBD at all, and BBd has quick enough feet to keep gasol in front of him forcing him to take shots from further out. I think that its clear that KG can't guard gasol in the low post anymore, So I want BBD,Perk and Sheed using their big body's to beat the hell out of gasol and make him pay at anything close to the basket.

Rondo will find a way to get involved, I am very confident about that. He is too good of a player not to.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 03:00:21 AM by rondohondo »

Re: The positive things from game 1
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 12:42:13 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I agree.  The one serious positive I saw from the game tonight is that artest has little chance of stopping PP by himself.  Now PP will still have to work because of the lakers size, but it looks like he can abuse artest is he gets hot.

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 12:48:30 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I agree.  The one serious positive I saw from the game tonight is that artest has little chance of stopping PP by himself.  Now PP will still have to work because of the lakers size, but it looks like he can abuse artest is he gets hot.

I hope this is true, and past performance suggests that it is, but the first 3/4 of this game didn't give me a lot of confidence in the matchup. 

I just have a hard time taking a lot of positives away from the 4th quarter, when the Lakers visibly let up for about six minutes. 

I agree with CoachBo in another thread:  there are no positives to take away from this game.  There are isolated things that can be picked out, maybe, but in totality, this game was an abomination, compared to how the Celtics are capable of playing.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 12:50:39 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
We won the 4th quarter.

We never totally gave up.

Pierce still scored even though his outside shot wasn't falling.

Rondo was able to get inside and make some good passes, they just didn't result in made shots.

Rasheed wasn't bad.

Lamar Odom didn't have a good game.

...I don't feel like trying to think of any more.  There weren't many positives, anyway.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 12:51:19 AM »

Offline houseonfire09

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • Thank you Eddie!
I hope you're right, but my heart sank a little tonight.  I know it was only a 13 point loss, but it should have been a 37 point loss.  I felt like virtually every time a Laker missed a shot, at least three of their guys were going for the offensive rebound and they got a second chance opportunity.  I think the rebound margin was +20 or so for them at one point.  A total role reversal from 08.
"If David Stern ran the NHL, is there any chance his meal ticket's team would blow a Game 7 in Round 1? Put a pair of skates on Dick Bavetta!" -Bill Simmons

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 12:54:26 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315

I hope this is true, and past performance suggests that it is, but the first 3/4 of this game didn't give me a lot of confidence in the matchup. 

I just have a hard time taking a lot of positives away from the 4th quarter, when the Lakers visibly let up for about six minutes. 

I agree with CoachBo in another thread:  there are no positives to take away from this game.  There are isolated things that can be picked out, maybe, but in totality, this game was an abomination, compared to how the Celtics are capable of playing.

I dunno Roy, Paul had 9 points on 3-6 shooting (4-5 FT) in the 1st Half....and then with Ray on the bench for much of the 1st Half, Pierce didn't get many opportunities in the 2nd Quarter or the 3rd Quarter.

The game was already out of reach by the time our offense focused squarely around Paul in the 4th Quarter.

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 12:58:17 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
I think a nice positive for me is, we can't play any worse & the Lakers can't play any better defensively.

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 01:08:59 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good
I think a nice positive for me is, we can't play any worse & the Lakers can't play any better defensively.

But...the Lakers can play better offensively.

I agree, though.  The Celtics were playing a couple levels below the Lakers tonight.  I don't expect that to happen again - I'm praying that it doesn't.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 01:11:56 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker

I agree, though.  The Celtics were playing a couple levels below the Lakers tonight.  I don't expect that to happen again - I'm praying that it doesn't.

Well, my rationale was if the Celtics play better defensively the Lakers will not be able to play better offensively!

:)

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 01:13:20 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

Well, my rationale was if the Celtics play better defensively the Lakers will not be able to play better offensively!

:)

One hopes so, yes.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 01:16:11 AM »

Offline Bynum4MVP

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 21
Tough luck in game one fellas.  Lakers did what they were expected to do which is hold serve.  Outside of Celtic fans rooting for them to win, the Celtics weren't really expected to win game 1 or 2, although it would have been good for them to steal one.

I don't think this series will really start up until Boston, then there will be fireworks, especially with 3 in a row there.
Anything is POSSSIBBBLLEEE!!!!!
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16
REPEAT!

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 01:19:34 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

You think so?  I'm not sure.  At one point, they scored on something like 18 of 22 possessions.  It's going to be very, very tough for them to match that type of offensive output again.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 01:19:42 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Tough luck in game one fellas.  Lakers did what they were expected to do which is hold serve.  Celtics weren't expected to win, although it would have been good for them to steal one.

I don't think this series will really start up until Boston, then there will be fireworks, especially with 3 in a row there.

So.....based on the title of this thread - why would you post that here?

;D

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 01:26:01 AM »

Offline Bynum4MVP

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 21
Tough luck in game one fellas.  Lakers did what they were expected to do which is hold serve.  Celtics weren't expected to win, although it would have been good for them to steal one.

So.....based on the title of this thread - why would you post that here?

;D

Because it's a positive thing.  Getting a game 1 or 2 win is just gravy.  This series still has to go back to Boston for 3 straight.

If the Lakers had lost, now that's the big deal.  As they say, a series doesn't start until the home team loses.
Anything is POSSSIBBBLLEEE!!!!!
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16
REPEAT!

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 01:39:10 AM »

Offline BirdLegend33

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 2
I'm not sure about that. Celtics have to win one of the first two road games to have a chance.