Author Topic: anyone else enjoy Ray not backing down to James in the first half?  (Read 2647 times)

Re: anyone else enjoy Ray not backing down to James in the first half?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2010, 09:45:44 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1826
Tying into another thread...if our entire team had played with that fire that Ray showed "today" and still had lost game three the way they did, I'd bet alot of money they would not have gotten booed.

You cannot boo a team that is laying their heart on the floor and playing with passion.

One that mails it in? Absolutely.

TP for Ray. But this is the attitude you should have every time you step on the floor.

LeBron is a prima donna.

This whole effort thing is getting way out of hand. That Celtic team came to play and play hard. That Cavs team was simply on fire, playing pretty much a perfect game. Then they had the refs giving them all the calls. It's demoralizing.

Seriously, just because you get your ass kicked it doesn't mean you aren't playing hard. They have a tough night, certainly there was no reason to boo them. Everytime they tried to go on a run, the Cavs answered back raining 3s on them.

Come on man, they've been playing a really good playoff. Had one tough night, I think the crowd could've cut them some slack, particularly when playing against the best team in the NBA featuring the best player in the NBA, current MVP who isn't missing from the floor no matter how well they're guarding him.

Down 20-30 points, how much more effort do you think they're going to put into it, when everything they're trying is looking like it's not enough? And then they have to deal with the sucky crowd booing them? Please. I'd rather see empty seats in the arena.

We mock all these fans from different cities for the same things, then we come and do them ourselves. Bunch of hypocrites in my opinion.

Re: anyone else enjoy Ray not backing down to James in the first half?
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2010, 10:04:06 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
Point taken Budweiser, but I tell you I've had a real hard time with this team this year. I've been playing /watching Bball for 20-30 years and I have just never seen such an inconsistent group.

And when they loose I've never seen such an apathetic, defeated looking group.

I don't care that they loose, that happens. But can we put some people on the floor, can I see some guys diving head long for the ball, can I see some guys taking it to the rim, knees first, when we're getting our asses handed to us?

Can I see some real level ten passion and perosnal digust/anger and emotion on the court when they're taking it on the nose?

I don't care if they loose, I just cnat' stand how they loose, like chics.

I mean, the Boston fans NEVER booed the 18 straight losses team...

These guys are hall of famers, they owe THEMSELVES more than the effort they seem to give sometimes.

Maybe I am completely unreasonable and should just give them a much bigger pass.

I guess part of being fanatic lifelong fan is having the emotions that go with that. and when it's not matched by the players, it's hard to stomach.

never felt that way with Bird or DJ or Ainge.

Pierce looks like he's had a labotomy. I mena I know he's never been an emotive and I love the guy, but can he at least take it to the rim head long and lay it on the line. This is the playoffs.