Author Topic: anyone else enjoy Ray not backing down to James in the first half?  (Read 2648 times)

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Ray gave him that " I don't give a ________ who you are look"...that is what we need...and i want to see ray finish his career in boston

Re: anyone else enjoy Ray not backing down to James in the first half?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 08:07:49 PM »

Offline shuttles20

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
he called him a "b*tch"- amazing

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 08:09:13 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC
he called him a "b*tch"- amazing

i saw him mouth something but couldn't make it out...too many players just concede to james. i like guys that call him out and stand toe -to-toe with him...

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 08:12:38 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Yeah I noticed that too. This was timely leadership from Ray right there.

Lebron is a great talent, but he needs to know that he is in a true series this time around.

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 08:22:49 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Ray gave him that " I don't give a ________ who you are look"...that is what we need...and i want to see ray finish his career in boston

tp, celticino for noting this....I had tried to start a thread right after the game asking whAT people's favorite play of game 4 was. I was torn between this one and the one where Rondo nailed Verajao in the gonads with the ball as RR was falling out of bounds...made me smile big time

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 08:30:22 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1826

tp, celticino for noting this....I had tried to start a thread right after the game asking whAT people's favorite play of game 4 was. I was torn between this one and the one where Rondo nailed Verajao in the gonads with the ball as RR was falling out of bounds...made me smile big time

I found interesting that Verajao didn't flop after he got hit. Wasted opportunity. Soooo unlike him.

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 08:35:06 PM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129

I found interesting that Verajao didn't flop after he got hit. Wasted opportunity. Soooo unlike him.

That's the second time Varejeao has gotten hit in the groin by the Celtics (last year was Ray's elbow) and neither time he really flinched.  Makes you wonder about something lol.

Btw anywhere I can find a video of Rondo throwing that off him?  Looked on youtube and it's not there...
Jay Wingspan Bilas

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 08:35:07 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Yep, I loved that Ray stood up to James. Couldn't read on his lips what he said to him but the message was clear (and it was a BS call). We need this attitude and it was cool to see Ray, considered one of the nicest guys in the league, go after James and tell him like it is.

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 08:41:13 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
After the foul was called on Ray, James raised his elbow in Ray's direction to create space and/or to intimidate. Basically Ray Allen told him "watch the ****in elbow".

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 08:41:41 PM »

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 18
  • GM - NYK
Yeah, I made a comment about it in the game thread when it happened, I absolutely LOVED it. The look on Rays face was perfect, you are exactly right, it perfectly portrayed "I don't give a ____ who you are."
CB Draft - New York Knicks
PG: George Hill / Nate Robinson
SG: Dwyane Wade / Gerald Henderson / Christian Eyenga
SF:  Grant Hill / Paul George / Earl Clark
PF:  Kenyon Martin / Jordan Hill / (Earl Clark)
C:   Greg Oden / Kurt Thomas / Hilton Armstong

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 08:59:32 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
if varejao flops and goes down holding his groin it wouldve been funny in my opinion  :-X

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 09:01:30 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i hate varaejo. with burning hot coals in my soul

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 09:02:58 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Totally agree. Ray didn't shoot the ball particularly well, but he played with amazing fire and passion today. I'm very pleased with Ray's performance on James.

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 09:06:24 PM »

Offline openairmovie

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 58
i hate varaejo. with burning hot coals in my soul

TP for feeling the same exact way as I do....

Not sure what was better...the Sideshow bob  groin shot   or Ray standing up to Lequeen....anyone want to start a poll on that?

I will say, Ray has year in and year out been a quiet player...and it takes alot for him to get that fired up,  I cant even imagine the talking Queen does on the floor to get Ray to that point

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 09:35:50 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
Tying into another thread...if our entire team had played with that fire that Ray showed "today" and still had lost game three the way they did, I'd bet alot of money they would not have gotten booed.

You cannot boo a team that is laying their heart on the floor and playing with passion.

One that mails it in? Absolutely.

TP for Ray. But this is the attitude you should have every time you step on the floor.

LeBron is a prima donna.