Author Topic: Cavs Message Board, Cavs fans as arrogant as Lebron?  (Read 7825 times)

Cavs Message Board, Cavs fans as arrogant as Lebron?
« on: April 28, 2010, 07:18:24 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
http://www.cavfanatic.com/go/thread/view/3816/23239377/we_beat_boston_we_win_the_championship?pg=1

This post is SERIOUSLY FLAWED... Boston will be a CAKEWALK **** The title should say.. "We beat Magic, we win the championship.

I GURANTEE Boston won't be as hard to beat as some people think they will..

Boston... Umm i think not. They are good but not great, Magic and Atl are better then boston.They are gonna be a little tired from the Heat. They are not the same team they were 2 years ago when they won it all. They are old and i dont think they will be able to keep up with his for 4 games. Just like the Spurs good team bu i dont think they will have the gas to make it till the end

naaaaaaaaah. we beat west champions so we r champions

ORLANDO IS THE 2nd BEST TEAM after the Cavs I think the finals will be Cleveland VS Los Angeles

Rondo imo is their only weapon we will most likely not have a answe and Rose are are very similar players and we saw what Rose did again match up extremely well with Boston it's just fast, athletic point guard a way to torch us. Rondo can get his, but as long as Ray Allen doen't s out I see little resistance from the Celtics

I find it funny that a fan base who hasn't experienced a championship in any sport in 50 + years think that the C's will be a cakewalk. Silly Cavs fans , I can't wait til the C's send Lebron into free agency  ;D

Re: Cavs Message Board, Cavs fans as arrogant as Lebron?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 07:35:16 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I can understand their confidence. In all, but one game (the season opener) we've looked inferior to them head to head. The season opener we looked like/were a better team, the 2nd and 3rd games they were clearly better than us, and the final game was basically a great escape on our part, Cleveland slept walked through the first half and still almost beat us. They expect that to be the Celtics team that they will face this series. The team seems totally different from those teams, but I'm not sure how much of the last series was us being really good versus Miami being really bad.

With that said, It's not going to be a cakewalk for Cleveland, as of right now I do still consider Cleveland the favorites. I'll know after game one how much I really like the Celtics chances of beating Cleveland.

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 07:52:59 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Yeah Rondo is our only weapon..... People forgetting Paul's game winning shot so soon? And Ray Allens completely hot from 3pt right now.  How about that other guy... KG and Perk who are weapons against their offense.

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 07:54:25 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
They're definitely overconfident. It's gonna be a war.

But we could cherry pick a series of posts from around here and look just as deluded.

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 07:55:49 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Pride comes before the fall.  ;D

But seriously, I guess it's easy to get caught up in LeBron's hubris.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 08:18:56 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3780
  • Yup
Well, I can't blame them for being confident of their chances against us.  First off their Cavs fans, so their likely going to have a glass half full view anyhow, but also they played much better ball than the Celtics this season.  The Celtics fan glass half full view is that the "switch is on" and we're healthy and rested.  It's much easier for us to buy into that than someone who's rooting against the us.

That said;

BOO CAVS FANS YOU ARROGANT OVERCONFIDENT NEVER WON A THING IN YOUR LIFE CELTIC WANNABEES
Yup

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 08:25:55 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
I admire the confidence of these fans you quoted. I'd have thought the way last season ended would have left some niggling doubts this season could end the same way.
Let me see
2006 - lost in the semis
2007 - lost in the finals
2008 - lost in the semis
2009 - lost in the (EC) finals
2010 - yep methinks it's time for another 2nd round ouster ;D Get it done Cs!
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 08:29:13 PM »

Offline DKClassic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 177
they all look like quotes from 13 year old lebron james fans

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 08:29:30 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1264
They got the best record in the NBA and saw us struggling and groping for form during the course of the season. They have the best player in the league and have beaten us convincingly (was it twice?). I can see where the arrogance or perhaps confidence, is coming from. I'm not really offended by those posts. It's a Cavs blog after all. If at all, it's just gonna be a lot sweeter to beat them in the playoffs knowing that their fans don't consider the Celtics as a major threat to their title aspirations.

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 08:56:00 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Rondo our only offensive weapon? Say that when Ray drops 8 threes in Delonte's face. Or when Pierce tools on LeBron. Or even when KG pulls his dream shake. and Rondo and Rose the same? I didn't know Rose could put up a triple double almost at will and totally dominate a game.

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 09:25:07 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
and now you see why it is so difficult living with cav fans...they are the biggest front runners around.

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 09:53:23 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
they all look like quotes from 13 year old lebron james fans

That's pretty much the fan base.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 12:20:50 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
NEVER GO TO CAVSFANATIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope that made my point.  You want to go to a decent Cavs forum, try this:  www.realcavsfans.com

There are so many badnwagon Cavs fans that feel so entitled already it's annoying.  They give decent Cavs fans a bad name. 

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 12:23:01 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
and now you see why it is so difficult living with cav fans...they are the biggest front runners around.

Don't you live in Orlando?  Did they even know they had a basketball team there 3 years ago?

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 12:24:10 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think if Cavs fans came here in 2008, they would have seen similar (if not worse) proclamations. 

This is what fans do.