Author Topic: Cavs Message Board, Cavs fans as arrogant as Lebron?  (Read 7824 times)

Re: Cavs Message Board, Cavs fans as arrogant as Lebron?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 12:44:48 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
i hope the cavs team feels just as the people on that board do.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 12:48:27 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 12:48:50 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I think if Cavs fans came here in 2008, they would have seen similar (if not worse) proclamations. 

This is what fans do.

I guess , but this is a city that has never won a single thing and were in the same position last year before being "upset". I can understand if they think the cavs will win , but to think that the c's will be a cakewalk is a joke.

I know a lot of c's fans were confident in 2008 , but we certainly feared the Lebrons and knew it would be a hard fought series .

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 12:56:15 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think if Cavs fans came here in 2008, they would have seen similar (if not worse) proclamations. 

This is what fans do.

I guess , but this is a city that has never won a single thing and were in the same position last year before being "upset". I can understand if they think the cavs will win , but to think that the c's will be a cakewalk is a joke.

I know a lot of c's fans were confident in 2008 , but we certainly feared the Lebrons and knew it would be a hard fought series .
To be fair Cleveland has a whole lot of NFL titles.....from the Jim Brown era....

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 12:57:26 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think we've all seen just as homerific posts on this site.

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 12:58:42 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
I think we've all seen just as homerific posts on this site.

What, are you telling me Rondo doesn't walk on water? I'll believe it when I see it.

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 01:13:47 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

This is what fans do.

We've had people on this board this week call individuals who picked the Cavs to win idiots, even if they picked that outcome in a full 7 games. Now who is arrogant?

I remember Pierce saying he was the best player in the world. Could we flip that title around?

How about we concentrate on basketball instead of name calling and 'holier than thou' proclamations.

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 01:17:34 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

This is what fans do.

But the C's were coming off being one of the worst teams in the league, and they just needed 7 games to knock off the 8th seed Hawks, who many thought had no business being in the playoffs.  

I think this is just an incredibly hypocritical thread...and I have no problem with that.  Part of being a fan is being a hypocrite.  But I just wanted to point out that we do the exact same thing as C's fans.

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2010, 01:20:37 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
I give that kid Patrick a lot of credit in that thread.  I read through all of it and you, Rondohondo, definitely cherry-picked out the ridiculous statements.  As has been said already, the same could be done from our board.  The only thing I don't like about that thread you linked is that there are no moderators to disuade the one or two people calling that kid Patrick an idiot for making that well thought out post.  I also found it funny that every poster had between 2 and 200 total posts (for the most part), except for that one guy who had 21,000+ posts lol.  He and Roy Hobbs should get into a post-off!

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2010, 03:21:41 PM »

Offline Mizzy21390

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
I admire the confidence of these fans you quoted. I'd have thought the way last season ended would have left some niggling doubts this season could end the same way.
Let me see
2006 - lost in the semis
2007 - lost in the finals
2008 - lost in the semis
2009 - lost in the (EC) finals
2010 - yep methinks it's time for another 2nd round ouster ;D Get it done Cs!

Maybe they believe 5th times the charm??? lol
Yeeeaaaa!!!