Author Topic: It's Sheed Time!  (Read 4502 times)

It's Sheed Time!
« on: April 28, 2010, 07:55:36 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I know that Rasheed was saving all his energy for Cleveland.  He knows that the Celtics would need him to play well against Shaq and Verajao(sp), so he made sure he didn't get hurt against Miami so he could be more effective when they face Cleveland. 

I don't think the Celtics can beat Cleveland without good contribution from Rasheed.  As well as Baby has done, I think he's too small to be really effective against the Cavs.

Go Rasheed? :-\
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Re: It's Sheed Time!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 08:06:50 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
If Sheed doesn't "turn it on" in this series, we're in trouble... and he won't have any excuses anymore.

I think he will contribute a lot against Cleveland and even have a 20 point game. Yeah, call me crazy but I'm feeling it. :P

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 08:11:16 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
 ;D  TP bankshot!  for giving me my first smile of the day!  (In my mind I am picturing Sheed being a beast.)
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 08:14:23 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442
I think Scal has been saving it for Cleveland as well.  And the only way to be 100% sure he wouldn't get hurt is to keep him out of uniform.  Get him a uniform for Cleveland, it's Scal time!

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 08:16:19 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
TP for you, too, Moiso
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 08:22:21 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I hope he steps up and provides defense. 

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 08:25:28 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Time to bust out the crane  ;D
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 09:04:38 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I think he'll contribute a lot too. But unfortunately it will be for the wrong team. Mike Brown will try to do our substitutions and put Sheed in.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 09:33:08 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I'm honestly not convinced that Doc will allow Rasheed the time on the court to show he can be a difference in this series. Last night with the game on the line Doc went with a five of Rondo/Ray/Pierce/KG/Davis.

Yes, Davis. Not Perk. Not Rasheed. Davis. And Davis showed why he has earned that time with good smart play drawing charges, getting rebounds, going to the basket and making his free throws while showing great energy and effort.

Davis can neutralize Shaq. Where Davis will have trouble will be when Brown goes with the Jamison/LeBron/AV frontcourt. Will Rasheed be used then or will Perk? I think Perk.

So if Sheed has been saving himself for this particular series that might be to bad because by saving himself I think he lost the confidence of his coach and he will now see limited minutes because of it.

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 09:44:32 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
I'm honestly not convinced that Doc will allow Rasheed the time on the court to show he can be a difference in this series. Last night with the game on the line Doc went with a five of Rondo/Ray/Pierce/KG/Davis.

Yes, Davis. Not Perk. Not Rasheed. Davis. And Davis showed why he has earned that time with good smart play drawing charges, getting rebounds, going to the basket and making his free throws while showing great energy and effort.

Davis can neutralize Shaq. Where Davis will have trouble will be when Brown goes with the Jamison/LeBron/AV frontcourt. Will Rasheed be used then or will Perk? I think Perk.

So if Sheed has been saving himself for this particular series that might be to bad because by saving himself I think he lost the confidence of his coach and he will now see limited minutes because of it.

I disagree.  I think that Doc knows he's going to need Rasheed in the Cleveland series.  Doc plays him a few minutes, sees what he has and then sits him when he doesn't do anything.  I think Sheed will be more effective against the slower Shaq and Z.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 09:48:56 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
I really don't think it is a question of Sheed "saving" himself.  Doc will play him when, and if, Doc feels that his contribution is necessary...either because of a particular matchup or because of foul trouble.  I hope in either case Sheed shows why he was signed in the first place.  I do believe he can....but will he?
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 09:57:56 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1423
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I'm not expecting anything from Sheed at all - not for him to play well, not for him to play horridly. He's been indifferent about his play on the court all season, and I've become indifferent about him as a player.

The real question I have though is, if he does decide to show up and play well against Cleveland, does it make up for the fact that he phoned it in all season and through the first round? Does it validate his contract and make the remaining TWO YEARS easier to bare?

IMO, no.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 10:08:15 AM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Did anyone else get the feeling that Sheed was exercising the demons with that primal yell he let out when he had his dunk last night? 

Its funny...in a Pistons uniform I would have said he was a complete punk for screaming and hanging on the rim and slapping the backboard, but when he is in green my first thought is that there was an exorcism and he will play with heart and hustle and not jack up 3 pointers for the rest of his tenure.

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 10:18:39 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
From what I saw in the Miami series, the refs may determine that Sheed will not even get a chance to step up. They got him for every little touch early on and he couldn't stay on the court even if Doc wanted him too.
  It's no secret the refs hate him and I think it could really affect his role (whatever's left of it).

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 10:19:15 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
Did anyone else get the feeling that Sheed was exercising the demons with that primal yell he let out when he had his dunk last night? 

Its funny...in a Pistons uniform I would have said he was a complete punk for screaming and hanging on the rim and slapping the backboard, but when he is in green my first thought is that there was an exorcism and he will play with heart and hustle and not jack up 3 pointers for the rest of his tenure.

Looked like he was trying to pump himself up.  Probably for the Cleveland series. ;D