Author Topic: It's Sheed Time!  (Read 4504 times)

Re: It's Sheed Time!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 10:20:12 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I really don't think it is a question of Sheed "saving" himself.  Doc will play him when, and if, Doc feels that his contribution is necessary...either because of a particular matchup or because of foul trouble.  I hope in either case Sheed shows why he was signed in the first place.  I do believe he can....but will he?

I really don't think Sheed was "saving" himself.  I'm was just having a little fun.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 10:57:50 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
It's about matchups! Sheed will do well against a much bigger Cleveland team. If he doesn't Sheed will sit. I think it is clear that Doc is willing to sit a player if the matchup makes sense or a person is producing. Just ask Perk.

If Sheed doesn't step up his play in this series we won't beat the Cavs. If he doesn't turn it on then I am fine to get on the bandwagon with the rest of the "Sheed signing wasn't a good one" group. He hasn't been a bad signing, however needs to have a good series against the Cavs to be considered worth it IMO.

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 11:11:05 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Although Sheed has struggled with his shot all season, the threat still remains and I expect him to contribute in ways not shown on the box score. Given Shaq and Z's lack of foot speed, them simply playing Sheed  honest will prevent them from being able to provide help defense. This should free up space for his teammates.

Will Sheed do his best Robert Horry postseason impression?

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 11:16:22 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Rasheed is going to have a good series. I think he plays really well against shaq and the cavs. He is to quick for that curly headed **** as they say in step brothers and is to strong. I think KG is telling him. Listen we need you big time in this series now come on!

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 11:40:06 AM »

Offline Potapenko Boxout

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
Rasheed sucks how long does it take to realize this? How many threads do we need? He doesn't care at all and it's extremely evident.

I'd prefer to give Shelden or Scal his minutes right away. Let's stop remembering Sheed as the good player he once was, because that player is gone. This needs to stop.

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 11:44:26 AM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I'm honestly not convinced that Doc will allow Rasheed the time on the court to show he can be a difference in this series. Last night with the game on the line Doc went with a five of Rondo/Ray/Pierce/KG/Davis.

Yes, Davis. Not Perk. Not Rasheed. Davis. And Davis showed why he has earned that time with good smart play drawing charges, getting rebounds, going to the basket and making his free throws while showing great energy and effort.

Davis can neutralize Shaq. Where Davis will have trouble will be when Brown goes with the Jamison/LeBron/AV frontcourt. Will Rasheed be used then or will Perk? I think Perk.

So if Sheed has been saving himself for this particular series that might be to bad because by saving himself I think he lost the confidence of his coach and he will now see limited minutes because of it.

Actually I think Davis is going to matchup well with AV, Jamison (and Hickson). He has the energy and footspeed and ability to bang.

The only guy I don't want to see Davis guarding is Z. He'll just shoot (and rebound) over him all game long.

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 11:48:24 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
I'm honestly not convinced that Doc will allow Rasheed the time on the court to show he can be a difference in this series. Last night with the game on the line Doc went with a five of Rondo/Ray/Pierce/KG/Davis.

Yes, Davis. Not Perk. Not Rasheed. Davis. And Davis showed why he has earned that time with good smart play drawing charges, getting rebounds, going to the basket and making his free throws while showing great energy and effort.

Davis can neutralize Shaq. Where Davis will have trouble will be when Brown goes with the Jamison/LeBron/AV frontcourt. Will Rasheed be used then or will Perk? I think Perk.

So if Sheed has been saving himself for this particular series that might be to bad because by saving himself I think he lost the confidence of his coach and he will now see limited minutes because of it.

Actually I think Davis is going to matchup well with AV, Jamison (and Hickson). He has the energy and footspeed and ability to bang.

The only guy I don't want to see Davis guarding is Z. He'll just shoot (and rebound) over him all game long.

Davis usually does a good job on Z because he's quicker than most bigs and he can challenge the shot, while Z is usually wide open with his shots. Also, Z can't back him down.

Z could potentially easily out rebound him, particularly when Z's on offense, and if he can manage to get good position in the low post, he would dominate. It's just unlikely he would play that role in my opinion.

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 11:48:37 AM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
I might be crazy, but I thought Sheed was playing hard against Miami. Its just that the Miami players were too fast. Cleveland is slower, and this will play to Wallace's advantage. ..same for Orlando, same for LA.

Series against teams like the Cavs are why the Celtics signed this guy. Love him or hate him, he's a member of the Boston Celtics and he will be needed.

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 11:50:32 AM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas

Davis usually does a good job on Z because he's quicker than most bigs and he can challenge the shot, while Z is usually wide open with his shots. Also, Z can't back him down.

Z could potentially easily out rebound him, particularly when Z's on offense, and if he can manage to get good position in the low post, he would dominate. It's just unlikely he would play that role in my opinion.

Thanks for jogging my memory. Yeah Davis has done a good job in the past despite being 8 inches shorter. Glen is our guy in the next round.

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 11:51:53 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
I might be crazy, but I thought Sheed was playing hard against Miami. Its just that the Miami players were too fast. Cleveland is slower, and this will play to Wallace's advantage. ..same for Orlando, same for LA.

Series against teams like the Cavs are why the Celtics signed this guy. Love him or hate him, he's a member of the Boston Celtics and he will be needed.

I agree with your assessment of Sheed, overall I liked what he was showing there. I think we should feed him more in the low post, he was getting good position there, but the team wasn't giving him the ball often enough down there I thought for him to have the impact he might've had.

But yeah, I think Miami was a bad match up for him. I was alright with him overall.

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 12:06:35 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Rasheed is going to have a good series. I think he plays really well against shaq and the cavs. He is to quick for that curly headed **** as they say in step brothers and is to strong. I think KG is telling him. Listen we need you big time in this series now come on!
Perhaps my memory is a little fuzzy but that's not what I saw this year.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 12:10:20 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115

I agree with your assessment of Sheed, overall I liked what he was showing there. I think we should feed him more in the low post, he was getting good position there, but the team wasn't giving him the ball often enough down there I thought for him to have the impact he might've had.

But yeah, I think Miami was a bad match up for him. I was alright with him overall.

You nailed it.  It really annoys me that he'll get good position and the don't get it to him in the post.  I think Ray is the biggest culprit of this, oddly.

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2010, 12:12:27 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

You nailed it.  It really annoys me that he'll get good position and the don't get it to him in the post.  I think Ray is the biggest culprit of this, oddly.

I don't think Ray has been often enough when Sheed has been playing, I might be mistaken. Often it's Pierce out there with Tony Allen. Many times Rondo isn't even on the floor, and we have Finley in there. Also there's Baby taking plenty of shots.

When that 2nd unit is on, our first move should usually be to dump the ball to him in the low post and start the offense from there. Our lack of PG with that unit and lack of shooters at times makes this a necessity in my opinion.

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2010, 12:25:40 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I think that if we get more contributions from Sheed as compared to what he gave us in the MIA series, we have a Much bigger opportunity to win the series against CLE, like many of you have stated.

I can honestly believe that we have our 2007-2008 team back, minus a few years and a few players, but that same effort and hunger is back.

If Sheed just gives us the same contributions from MIA series, I Still Love our Opportunity against CLE. Glen has played well, and he can spell KG and Perk if needed. He is shorter, but neither Shaq nor Z can move the man.

But I just believe that Sheed won't disappoint or hurt us.

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2010, 12:38:40 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584

I don't think you are crazy, I think 'Sheed played good defense.  In game 4 there was no way anyone was going to defend the super hot Heat team.  'Sheed was in the right place most of the time, and had his hands up, using all of his length, and still the Heat shots were falling.  I think it is too bad he seems to be a target for the refs, but he has put himself under thier scrutiny by questioning every call.  I don't like the fact that Perk seems to be going in that direction, too.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!