Author Topic: Final Straw for Sheed  (Read 20859 times)

Re: Final Straw for Sheed
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 04:49:33 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
Doc grow a pair and bench this fool. Have fun next to Scal.

Scal would probably be the one getting his minutes knowing Doc. No thanks, keep Sheed in the game.

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 04:52:36 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I was disappointed by Sheed's behaviour (especially when he kept screaming at Doc after the T) but I really liked the fact that Doc put him on the bench instead of staying with his "he is a vet, let's play him anyway" mentra.

I think Doc should take "sanctions" like that more often on his vets, or call them out in his postgame comments.
I thought Rasheed was playing solid before his blow up though. I'd rather deal with a T and solid play than laziness.

This is likely Sheed gearing up for the playoffs....

Yeah, Sheed was playing well before the T and that's why it was even more frustrating to see him one! But it was obvious he got out of control once he got the T so Doc made the right choice.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Sheed's usual hate of the official just gets worse when we play the Cavs because of the treatment the zebras give them and LeBron - Sheed called out "King James" a lot in his Detroit years and during the playoffs.

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 04:54:44 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I was disappointed by Sheed's behaviour (especially when he kept screaming at Doc after the T) but I really liked the fact that Doc put him on the bench instead of staying with his "he is a vet, let's play him anyway" mentra.

I think Doc should take "sanctions" like that more often on his vets, or call them out in his postgame comments.
I thought Rasheed was playing solid before his blow up though. I'd rather deal with a T and solid play than laziness.

This is likely Sheed gearing up for the playoffs....

Yeah, Sheed was playing well before the T and that's why it was even more frustrating to see him one! But it was obvious he got out of control once he got the T so Doc made the right choice.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Sheed's usual hate of the official just gets worse when we play the Cavs because of the treatment the zebras give them and LeBron - Sheed called out "King James" a lot in his Detroit years and during the playoffs.
Yup, he hates how LeBron is called by the officials. He's made multiple comments about it for years.

Remember he fouled out right before LeBron scored 24 straight in Detroit to win a game very similar to this one in the ECF. The Pistons didn't have anyone else who could provide enough help defense to stop LeBron.

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 04:58:16 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
 ::) @ this topic.

Look, obviously Sheed lost it. There's no question about that. Doc knew it, so he benched him.

But he was doing well before he got the T, and it's the first T he got in a while.

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 05:01:07 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

Look, obviously Sheed lost it. There's no question about that. Doc knew it, so he benched him.

But he was doing well before he got the T, and it's the first T he got in a while.

Team is up 17, how can he lose it? I don't think he was even involved with the play when he 'lost it'. This guy will cost the Celtics some games in the playoffs.

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 05:02:55 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 718
  • MASTER OF PANIC
the tantrum LBJ threw when he got T'd up was much worse than what sheed did.

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2010, 05:05:03 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
It took him this long for him to break the final straw? It snapped for me a long time ago. I HATE Sheed. Hate him. I don't care what he ever brings to this team. He could win MVP for 2 years and put 3 banners up and I'll still hate him. And this is even past normal "sports hate." I hate him as a person too.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 05:10:08 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I hate him as a person too.

What did he do to you?
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 05:15:22 PM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 53
I hate him as a person too.

What did he do to you?

Yahhh, um, you can hate, that's fine.
But I love him and our team. GO CELTICS!!!

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 05:33:44 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I was at the game today -- dude is lazy. Didn't bend his knees for 5 minutes straight.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2010, 05:39:31 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

One of several topics on this board that draw a  :o

Just picture the reaction here if Sheed's up at the rim fiddling with an errant three that hasn't hit the rim yet - it'd be the Apocalypse.

In the association, Ts are something not worthy of an overreaction. Doc handled it by benching him.

It's all in who you are, I guess.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2010, 05:40:34 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Just picture the reaction here if Sheed's up at the rim fiddling with an errant three that hasn't hit the rim yet - it'd be the Apocalypse.

That was a bad call, the replay clearly showed that he grabbed it after it bounced off the rim. Tony Allen did nothing wrong, you're supposed to attack the rebound like that!

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2010, 05:43:24 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I was at the game today -- dude is lazy. Didn't bend his knees for 5 minutes straight.

That is the funniest and saddest comment ever. Couple of times, at little more effort Sheed could've had 3-4 rebounds. How long can Doc put up with his mouth and laziness?

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2010, 05:52:50 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides

That was a bad call, the replay clearly showed that he grabbed it after it bounced off the rim. Tony Allen did nothing wrong, you're supposed to attack the rebound like that!

When are the refs. allowed to review a call using TV replays?...and what kind of calls/plays can they review?
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2010, 05:52:54 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1418
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Sheed is Sheed and it was an intense game, so his emotions were high. He needs a pass on this one because he is really an excellent addition.

I'm sorry, but I disagree 150%. Sheed had the POTENTIAL to be an excellent addition, save for a few games against Toronto, he's been a serious bust. He has time to redeem himself in the playoffs, but if today's game is any further indication, he cannot be counted on.

on the opposite spectrum, can I say how much I love Nate. 0 minutes, cheering on teammates throughout, no one was happier ofr his team while Sheed sulked throughout his benching. 

I'm glad you mentioned that, because that was something I was definitely keeping my eye on. Given how things went in NY, its good to see Nate involved and engaged even if he's not on the court.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman