Author Topic: Final Straw for Sheed  (Read 20922 times)

Re: Final Straw for Sheed
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2010, 06:30:01 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Just picture the reaction here if Sheed's up at the rim fiddling with an errant three that hasn't hit the rim yet - it'd be the Apocalypse.

That was a bad call, the replay clearly showed that he grabbed it after it bounced off the rim. Tony Allen did nothing wrong, you're supposed to attack the rebound like that!

Totally, totally 150 percent disagree with you in absolute entirety.

He had no business fiddling with a shot that hadn't hit the rim. Dumb, dumb, dumb basketball play and I guarantee you that he got chewed about it after the game - and deservedly so.

And if Wallace had been that stupid, the posts would be clipping on here at about five every 30 seconds.

Sorry for interrupting. The Tony Allen love fest may now resume.

But it did hit the rim. The replays showed that it hit the rim before TA got it. If you wanna argue that TA should've assumed the refs would call goal-tend anyways, that's one thing. Still, the refs just didn't make the correct call. You say if Sheed had "been that stupid", everyone would be all over him, but I feel like you're doing the same to TA simply because he's TA.

TP for this post Tai...

Plus, I'd rather have my criticisms criticized than my love...
And I'm not sure "lovefest" is how I'd describe the treatment TA has received over the years on this blog....

I understand people being rattled by mental errors, but to have that carry over to where you can't even value steals, defense and hustle....seems less like a lack of love and more like that word that starts with "h".

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2010, 06:31:34 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Oh yeah, also, the things that make me love Tony are the same things that make me not love Sheed...

« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2010, 08:08:46 PM »

Offline Potapenko Boxout

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
I would like to see if Baby + Shelden Williams would be effective.

« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2010, 09:31:09 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
I would like to see if Baby + Shelden Williams would be effective.

We've seen Glen Davis for years, and enough of Sheldon to know that we can't consistently rely on them to play the necessary role in the playoffs.  Its not that they don't try, its that they aren't good enough.  Sheldon has some value for a few minutes off the bench, but that's it.

Rasheed Wallace is going to play the majority of backup bigman minutes, so pls get used to it guys.  I can understand some of the complaining, but nothing is going to change.

« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2010, 02:44:02 AM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 53
Baby is a much better player than Sheldon, but you just can't accept that because Sheldon is your baby. BBD did have a 'necessary role' in the playoffs and filled it quite well when KG was out. He will, once again, this season playoffs, fill that roll. Sorry, but Sheldon is not in the rotation.

« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2010, 02:47:33 AM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 53
And Sheed is also in the rotation and will fill his role. But frankly, if I were him, I wouldn't want to be on this team, that is, not if I read this blog. The poisen here is nauseating, venemous and full of hate. Ugh.

« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2010, 08:33:41 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442
And Sheed is also in the rotation and will fill his role. But frankly, if I were him, I wouldn't want to be on this team, that is, not if I read this blog. The poisen here is nauseating, venemous and full of hate. Ugh.
I'm sure the same stuff was written in the Pistons blogs the last couple of years.  If a player doesn't try, he deserves the criticism.  Not to mention the guy is an ass in general.

« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2010, 09:22:26 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I'm sure the same stuff was written in the Pistons blogs the last couple of years.  If a player doesn't try, he deserves the criticism.  Not to mention the guy is an ass in general.

"An ass in general" Where else is Sheed an ass? At home with his kids and his family? At the Burlington mall where i saw him stop to give some kids autographs?

No, only on the court when he is getting T'd up about a call. Or if he doesn't look like he's trying.

First of all i really don't care about Sheed disappearing in regular season games because everyone's done it this year. And second of all Sheed was completely right the other day about Lebron.

« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2010, 09:26:55 AM »

• Don Chaney
Baby is a much better player than Sheldon, but you just can't accept that because Sheldon is your baby. BBD did have a 'necessary role' in the playoffs and filled it quite well when KG was out. He will, once again, this season playoffs, fill that roll. Sorry, but Sheldon is not in the rotation.

Sheldon is not my baby.  In fact, based upon my ideal playoff minute breakdown by player, I don't think Sheldon should get more than 4 minutes a game.  I'd prefer him over Davis b/c by all indications that I see with my eyes and statistically Sheldon is a bit more productive.  It does depend on matchup though.  

Baby filled in for KG last year, which is pretty much the biggest reason we didn't get to the Eastern Conference finals.  It's not that Davis failed, its that we didn't have KG.  We can't have Davis, or Sheldon, playing significant minutes in the playoffs, or its a recipe for disaster.

Rasheed Wallace will, and should, be getting the majority of those bench minutes at PF/C.  I don't like his attitude at times, and wish he changed part of his game, but I will also admit that its becoming apparant that its not entirely his fault.  Even when he's doing well in the post the Celtics are quite bad at getting him the ball in the right spot.  This is then compounded by the high pick and roll they run that forces Rasheed to pop out to the center 3pt line.  If I were Doc, I'd be calling for 70% of the plays to be run through Rasheed in the post... he's proven to be a good passer down there too.

Keep in mind that the playoff games will probably be moving at a more defined pace, which Rasheed should benefit a bit from.  I think his 1 on 1 defense in the post is very good, but his fast break defense is bad.  Hopefully the Celtics get to the line more often and slow the game down a bit, except for the quick Rondo push that sometimes leads to a good quick bucket.

« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2010, 09:46:30 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald

"An ass in general" Where else is Sheed an ass? At home with his kids and his family? At the Burlington mall where i saw him stop to give some kids autographs?

No, only on the court when he is getting T'd up about a call. Or if he doesn't look like he's trying.

First of all i really don't care about Sheed disappearing in regular season games because everyone's done it this year. And second of all Sheed was completely right the other day about Lebron.
He's an ass for not getting in shape too. 

« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2010, 09:47:41 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Quite honestly, I think it's pretty easy to see why people are highly critical of Rasheed Wallace. Let's first leave the extraneous reasons out and look at the statistical.

Rasheed Wallace ranks 77th in the NBA in rebounds per minute and out of the top 120 players in this category, there are only two seven footers ranked lower than Rasheed Wallace in this category, Andrea Bargnani and Ryan Hollins.

Rasheed's rebound rate of 11.1 ranks him 116th in the league in that category

Rasheed's offensive rebound rate of 2.8 ranks him 215th in the league in that category

Rasheed's PER of 13.29 ranks him 184th in the league in that category

Among the 59 centers in the league that qualify for this category, Rasheed Wallace's TS% of .509 ranks him 50th out of the 59 centers listed

Rasheed is putting up career lows in PER, FG%, eFG% and offensive rebound rate and is also putting up his worst numbers in a decade in 3PT%, TS%, rebound rate, and block %.

Oh yeah, last statistical category. Rasheed leads the league in technical fouls.

« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2010, 09:58:48 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Now let's look at the non-statistical reasons to be down on Rasheed

He showed up to camp overweight and has never really gotten himself back into peak physical condition.

He has appeared slow to pick up on rotations and play help defense.

He has shown a complete lack of effort in trying to box out his men and go the extra step or two to go after a rebound.

He has chucked and chucked from three point land often at the most uncalled for times.

He has rarely stayed in the low post even though it is the best part of his game.

He recently went insubordinate on his coach in public.

Oh yeah, and he leads the league in technical fouls.

« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2010, 10:37:15 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald

He showed up to camp overweight and has never really gotten himself back into peak physical condition.

He has shown a complete lack of effort in trying to box out his men and go the extra step or two to go after a rebound.

He has chucked and chucked from three point land often at the most uncalled for times.

He has rarely stayed in the low post even though it is the best part of his game.

Yeah, I don't think I've seen him GO GET a rebound all year.  If the ball falls into his hands, he grabs it.

« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2010, 11:09:14 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

I've seen every game and every agonizing Sheedism.  This pretty much sums it up.  TP.

« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2010, 11:46:22 AM »

• Don Chaney

I've seen every game and every agonizing Sheedism.  This pretty much sums it up.  TP.

I've seen a lot of games and I have to disagree a bit with NickAgenta's assessment.

He's looked in shape recently, so he's fine there.  Show me who has gotten into "peak physical shape" other than Rondo/Ray.  Definitely not Pierce, KG, Perkins, Scalabrine, Davis, or anyone else.

Show me who has been the most reliably healthy/available big man on our team.  There isn't one (discounting Sheldon who Doc pretty much doesn't play anymore).  This counts for something.

Show me what big man we have coming off the bench who is statistically better than Wallace.. we don't have one.  Oddly, the only big man on our bench who could reasonably be questioned to be better statistically than Rasheed is Sheldon, but again Doc doesn't play him.

Throughout the last several games Rasheed has gone to the post.  Pretty much anytime he doesn't get ball in the post is a result of poor inlet passes to him or play calling of the high pick and roll. 

You guys act like Rasheed Wallace is the big reason the Celtics aren't #1 in the East.  I have news for you.  The big reasons, in order, are:

-Health
-Focus
-Coach

Rasheed might find a slot somewhere below those three mentioned, but if we're going to win the East in the playoffs we're going to need to have Rasheed Wallace optimized off the bench.