Author Topic: Celtics (33-18) at Lakers (42-13) 2/18  (Read 108763 times)

Re: Celtics (33-18) at Lakers (42-13) 2/18
« Reply #675 on: February 19, 2010, 01:47:55 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Why was MArquis upset when he was subbed out? That MOFO had +/- (-19). You sucked marquis have seat at the bench.
He was angry at his poor play. He made 4 or 5 really bad mistakes and each time was beating himself up about it.

He did it on the missed box out of Sasha for a layup and a few other times.

Yes, it was a very uncharacteristic game from Marquis in all facets of the game. The Shannon Brown 3 he got lost on, the missed boxout, the drive into 3 Lakers big men. I still have a lot of faith in him, though. I trust him more than anyone else on the bench.

« Reply #676 on: February 19, 2010, 01:48:52 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Why was MArquis upset when he was subbed out? That MOFO had +/- (-19). You sucked marquis have seat at the bench.
He was angry at his poor play. He made 4 or 5 really bad mistakes and each time was beating himself up about it.

He did it on the missed box out of Sasha for a layup and a few other times.

Yes, it was a very uncharacteristic game from Marquis in all facets of the game. The Shannon Brown 3 he got lost on, the missed boxout, the drive into 3 Lakers big men. I still have a lot of faith in him, though. I trust him more than anyone else on the bench.
Yeah, I wonder what happened to TA though.

And Pierce's thumb, argh.

« Reply #677 on: February 19, 2010, 01:49:47 AM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
The difference is many people on this board would be typing this right now if the Lakers had won and the Celtics were missing Pierce, KG, Ray or anyone else...

"The Lakers got lucky.  The refs gave them all the calls and the Celtics are injured and fatigued.  Once they get healthy the C's will fix their problems and win another title"

When the Celtics win facing a team with similar obstacles those excuses are dismissed.  It has to go both ways, excuses are excuses no matter what team you root for.

Great defense tonight it really was nice to see Perk so aggressive down the stretch.  The refs really let both teams play in the 4th quarter which was great.

Still hard to believe the BIG THREE came up with a BIG ZERO in the 4th quarter.  Definitely expect more from such great players than a combined ZERO points...

This make no sense. So basically if they lose, it's their fault, but if they win, it's also somehow bad? I don't get it.

« Reply #678 on: February 19, 2010, 01:51:28 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
The difference is many people on this board would be typing this right now if the Lakers had won and the Celtics were missing Pierce, KG, Ray or anyone else...

"The Lakers got lucky.  The refs gave them all the calls and the Celtics are injured and fatigued.  Once they get healthy the C's will fix their problems and win another title"

When the Celtics win facing a team with similar obstacles those excuses are dismissed.  It has to go both ways, excuses are excuses no matter what team you root for.

Great defense tonight it really was nice to see Perk so aggressive down the stretch.  The refs really let both teams play in the 4th quarter which was great.

Still hard to believe the BIG THREE came up with a BIG ZERO in the 4th quarter.  Definitely expect more from such great players than a combined ZERO points...

This make no sense. So basically if they lose, it's their fault, but if they win, it's also somehow bad? I don't get it.
You can win an play poorly, the Celtics did it a lot when they were 27-2 at the start of the season last year.

I don't think they played poorly by any measure tonight.

« Reply #679 on: February 19, 2010, 01:53:03 AM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215

You can win an play poorly, the Celtics did it a lot when they were 27-2 at the start of the season last year.

I don't think they played poorly by any measure tonight.

Yeah, I agree with that. But like you said, I don't think they played badly today.

« Reply #680 on: February 19, 2010, 01:53:31 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
Rasheed Wallace had two terrible performances against the Lakers this season.

It doesn't look like he'd help the C's in a playoff series against LA. He struggles with the matchups.

It's a pity because he was quite effective against Bynum in an early season meeting against the Lakers last year with Detroit. I was hoping he'd more of a positive influence against LA.

« Reply #681 on: February 19, 2010, 01:54:13 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 550
This win tonight was huge because they did it with defense against the Lakers on their home court.  Doesn't matter what happens the next two, because tonight's game showed these guys can still get it done defensively when the have to. 

First time I've seen it in a long time from this bunch -- specifically Perk & KG.

« Reply #682 on: February 19, 2010, 01:55:08 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
TA rolled his ankle, I think. He was unavailable for the 2nd half. Great timing hours after the deadline if it was serious...

« Reply #683 on: February 19, 2010, 01:55:50 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Rasheed Wallace had two terrible performances against the Lakers this season.

It doesn't look like he'd help the C's in a playoff series against LA. He struggles with the matchups.

It's a pity because he was quite effective against Bynum in an early season meeting against the Lakers last year with Detroit. I was hoping he'd more of a positive influence against LA.
I think he'd be okay on just Bynum, but his help defense is too slow to stop Pau/Odom from getting layups.

Then on Gasol/Odom he's lost. The good news is if we see the Lakers again it likely means KG is at least as physically strong as he was tonight. KG can guard Odom/Pau and then we have Perk/BBD for Bynum.

« Reply #684 on: February 19, 2010, 01:57:40 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
I like what Sheed gives the team against the Magic + Cavs.

I think he'll be a big plus against those teams.

« Reply #685 on: February 19, 2010, 02:00:59 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I like what Sheed gives the team against the Magic + Cavs.

I think he'll be a big plus against those teams.
Well we play them first, so I'll happily take him struggling in the finals!

8)

« Reply #686 on: February 19, 2010, 02:39:57 AM »

Offline rav123

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
On NBA.com, our box score put Landry and Robinson under "Inactive". And Giddens, Walker and House  :'( on our active roster: "DNP - Coach's Decision"

« Reply #687 on: February 19, 2010, 02:50:12 AM »

Kiorrik

Offtopic, but have to ask;

Saving Grace is on, now, right after the game, and they didn't stop the broadcast at ILP. The commercial breaks consist for 50% of commercials about medication, and 75% of those commercials is about how those meds can kill you, main you and just about do anything but heal you.

I mean, what's up with that?

« Reply #688 on: February 19, 2010, 03:42:59 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1274
This win tonight was huge because they did it with defense against the Lakers on their home court.  Doesn't matter what happens the next two, because tonight's game showed these guys can still get it done defensively when the have to. 

First time I've seen it in a long time from this bunch -- specifically Perk & KG.

I think the next two games would be huge as well in the sense that it will determine where the team's mindset currently is. Will they start out flat (underestimate portland) or come out strong? Winning tonight's game doesn't mean losing at Portland tommorow wouldn't matter, since we know we can "get it done when we have to". It's a classic case of "playing to win" versus "playing not to lose". Just my opinion...

« Reply #689 on: February 19, 2010, 06:30:45 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Well, just saw the game... I was really scared in the last minutes because we couldn't score to save our lives and I thought the Lakers would hit a dagger. Not to mention when they had the last possession with 2 seconds left, I thought "uh oh, here goes the killer buzzer beater".

Fortunately it didn't happen and we hang on to win!

Yes, we had the same problems, 4th quarter "collapse", but I thought we really lacked shooting tonight, missing Eddie's shot. Nate would have done a huge difference but the guy in my pic too, since he would have spaced the floor when Ray was on the bench.

It was really great to see Ray get on fire, it had been a long time but boy was he hot! He hit something like 10 shots in a row through the 1st and 3rd quarters... amazing, you could tell he was glad to stay with Boston after the deadline. ;D

Pierce was good in the first 3 quarters but he sucked badly in th 4th, I hate his isos usually and I hated it even more tonight, nothing good game of it, and when he got a foul he didn't make the freebies... but he looked like he was bothered by his hand, hope it's nothing serious.

KG looked great through the whole game, great speed and jump, great offensive moves.

Rondo was OK, he could have done more in my opinion. Perk finally got out of his slump and had a big game on both ends, and got plenty of boards. Great job, especially in crunch time with his putback!

Finally, the bench really sucked tonight. Sheed was awful (I thought for a second he was doing his best to do all Ray did... in reverse. Terrible shooting night and a T - Gasol should have got one too though, and Marquis was beyond terrible, he didn't even attempt a single shot!!

Definitely the worst game by Quis this season, but he will rebound. We also lacked shooting badly with the 2nd unit because when Ray was out we didn't have Eddie or Nate to shoot so the Lakers' tighten up successfully.

Overall, we still had our usual "collapse" in the 2nd half but we hang on to win so that's all good. Great win, let's hope we keep it up tonight in Portland!

Definitely loved the hustle of the starters tonight.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 06:38:04 AM by Drucci »