Author Topic: Nate to Celtics Official / Danny's take (merged Nate threads)  (Read 103534 times)

Re: Nate Robinson to BOS?
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2010, 08:36:35 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
From Twitter

Last Intel I Had On Details of Possible Celts/Knicks Deal - Eddie House, Shelden Williams & Future Draft Pick for Marcus Landry & N Robinson

Source: Nate Robinson Has Been Told 2 Not Join His Team & Wait for Word On Finalization of Pending Trade, Nate's Waiting 2 Approve LA or Bos

PS. last night Nate was off court, maybe it's a done deal

Let's hope it is a heavily protected 2nd rounder....
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2010, 08:37:12 AM »

Offline blceltsfan

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 8
I'd rather have K Hinrch. PG, some size,Defensive pest and a decent shooter.

Robinson is a head case, and his size is a liability on defense.

Defense wins championships.

« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2010, 08:41:24 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Team Defense wins championships Sam was not that great of a defender but he work out alright. This guy could be the jolt this team is looking for!

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2010, 08:53:36 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
From Twitter

Last Intel I Had On Details of Possible Celts/Knicks Deal - Eddie House, Shelden Williams & Future Draft Pick for Marcus Landry & N Robinson

Source: Nate Robinson Has Been Told 2 Not Join His Team & Wait for Word On Finalization of Pending Trade, Nate's Waiting 2 Approve LA or Bos

I'll take that trade any day in the week
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2010, 08:54:46 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
From Twitter

I'll take that trade any day in the week

TP for you and so will i take that deal all day! Lets get it done and have him play against the Fakers!

« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2010, 09:06:00 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
From Twitter

Whose Twitter?

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2010, 09:06:48 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
Really dont understand why people dont like this guy. Granted he is a little rough around the edges. but he could come in a possibly drop 40 points on a given night. He can Shoot and drive and able to bring up the ball unlike Eddie. Eddie was one of my favorite but has worn out this welcome with me. Cant penetrate at all. So I think Nate will help us a ton.

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2010, 09:07:49 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
Really dont understand why people dont like this guy. Granted he is a little rough around the edges. but he could come in a possibly drop 40 points on a given night. He can Shoot and drive and able to bring up the ball unlike Eddie. Eddie was one of my favorite but has worn out this welcome with me. Cant penetrate at all. So I think Nate will help us a ton.

I think a lot has been made out of his attitude. I think it's a complete exaggeration overall.

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2010, 09:13:53 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
nate would help this team immensely in a backup role! 

i also think he will quickly become a fan favorite :)

« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2010, 09:14:04 AM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 24
I'd rather have K Hinrch. PG, some size,Defensive pest and a decent shooter.

Robinson is a head case, and his size is a liability on defense.

Defense wins championships.

His bulk covers some for his height.  Hinrich is a good, not elite defender (the Bulls were a bad defense last year remember) who is a terrible shooter.  If we wanted a 38% shooter, we already have one in Eddie.  

Robinson is better - with a better contract.  

Nate to Boston could happen today
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2010, 09:15:15 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Latest news on the trade rumor about Nate by Sherrod Blakely (a great source) :

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — CSNNE.com has confirmed that the Boston Celtics have had discussions recently about a trade that would send New York Knicks guard Nate Robinson to Boston.

Although the particulars have yet to be completely agreed upon, Boston will include at least one player with an expiring contract (Eddie House, Tony Allen and Brian Scalabrine are the possibilities) to New York along with either a future draft pick or cash considerations.

If the C's were to pull the trigger on such a deal, it would likely be done sometime Wednesday.

That would allow Robinson, who did not travel with the Knicks to Chicago for Tuesday's game due to what team officials described as the flu, to join the C's in time to play against the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday night.

Robinson signed a one-year, $4 million deal this past summer with the Knicks. Because he's a Base Year Compensation player, the Knicks can only take back a contract up to 125 percent of his previous year's salary (plus an additional $100,000) or half of his current salary, whichever is greater. Last season, he made $2.02 million, which means New York can only take back a contract worth no more than $2.6 million.

The only Celtic player that the C's can trade straight-up for Robinson, is Tony Allen who is in the final year of his deal that pays $2.5 million this season.

However, a league source indicated that Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni would prefer House, who played for D'Antoni in Phoenix,  to be included in the deal.

I guess we will have to throw a 1st round pick in the deal to make it happen. I would be more concerned if we had to give up Eddie... I know Eddie and Nate is redundant and could kill us defensivey but I really want to keep Eddie, he is too vauable for this team when he gets hot (and he's getting hot more often than not now that Quis is back).

Hopefully Scal + a 1st round pick will get it done!

« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2010, 09:19:47 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
I really disliked him when i watched him and couldn't stand him cause it was his first year and he was crying about every call. Now over the years he has grown on me and watching him he is a very good basketball player.

Re: Nate to Boston? Could Happen Today (merged Nate threads)
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2010, 09:20:11 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i think it is going to eddie...i would rather keep eddie than scal to be honest with you

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2010, 09:22:31 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
sending house there makes more sense, as he really becomes useless if nate's added (they both essentially play the same position).

this could also keep alive any other deals for the number of expiring contracts the celtics have, though i would have to think danny is done with the deal for nate.

i just don't see this team looking drastically different after thursday...

and who in the nba decided to have the celtics and lakers play on trade deadline night?  stupid...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2010, 09:23:42 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i would still love to dump giddens, scal and sheldon for an athletic wing (Ty Thomas)