Author Topic: Nate to Celtics Official / Danny's take (merged Nate threads)  (Read 103532 times)

Re: Nate Robinson to BOS?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 09:59:29 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Me like. Maybe he'll have couple of 40pts games in Boston. The bench gets better. But The problem is still the starters. Hopefully KG heals up. And Ray come out of his funk.

Alot of it is just the starters not making any hustle plays. Marquis is out there getting offensive rebounds, TA and going for loose balls, Baby is hustling on the boards, Rasheed is playing like a forward instead of a guard... nobody on the starters is doing that stuff.

agree...the starters and bench seem to get a lead in the first half and the starters seem to be the ones to blow it. they have to pick it up

nate would def. give boston the all talk team for sure

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 10:08:37 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 890
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ygehgt8

Per Trade Machine this is a very hard trade to make work for the parts discussed here.

Nate is a head case but he would be straight for a 1/2 season.

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 10:12:01 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1793
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
God I hope this isn't true

Can't stand the player

Can't stand his game

Can't stand his ego

Can't stand his attitude

Can't stand the thought of him on this team

I know what you mean, but if Marbury could make it work, Nate can, too. I don't like him right now, but who knows, my mind may change- and heck, I don't have to talk to him- I just have to watch his high energy game on the 2nd unit.

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 10:13:55 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
if i recall correctly, didn't nate specifically say that boston was a team he WANTED to play for?

if true, don't discount that...it has a way of fixing attitude problems.  afterall, would any of you want to play for that joke of a team that NY puts on the floor?

i like this deal...it's low risk, but has high reward potential.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 10:23:50 PM »

Offline Jirimania

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Paul Pierce- "Hey, i found a backup point guard!"

HAHAHAHAHA TP

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 10:48:22 PM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 24
very good find. i guess we have our #2 PG..i just hope it is for scal and eddie...we need to keep TA....time to poop or get off the pot with ray

Isn't it funny how the tides have changed on TA? I feel the same way. He really has solidified himself into the 2nd unit. I know he isn't Posey, but he does give us a high energy defensive stopper.

He is a classic SELL HIGH chance.  He has had a terrific season, but he is a role player. 

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2010, 11:06:58 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ygehgt8

Per Trade Machine this is a very hard trade to make work for the parts discussed here.

Nate is a head case but he would be straight for a 1/2 season.

Sadly that trade has ZERO chance of working out. NYC values Chandler more than that. And with Nate being an expiring, they can let him expire this year and keep Wilson for next.

IF they really got desperate and wanted to make a fire sale, I'd be more than willing to take Wilson Chandler.
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2010, 11:20:33 PM »

Offline RonnieG

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
I like the trade but they need to make another big move if they want to be in some sort of finals this year!

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2010, 11:20:46 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I don't care how they get it done... just do it.

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2010, 11:21:08 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I like the trade but they need to make another big move if they want to be in some sort of finals this year!

That's not true.

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2010, 11:25:55 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
very good find. i guess we have our #2 PG..i just hope it is for scal and eddie...we need to keep TA....time to poop or get off the pot with ray

Isn't it funny how the tides have changed on TA? I feel the same way. He really has solidified himself into the 2nd unit. I know he isn't Posey, but he does give us a high energy defensive stopper.

He is a classic SELL HIGH chance.  He has had a terrific season, but he is a role player. 

tony allen has a low basketball IQ...it seems as if we've been talking about his "potential" for years, but i have no faith it will become a reality.  this is the best time to pawn him off in a deal, as he's injury free and an expiring contract...and he's as good as he's gonna get.  hurry up and trade him before that secret gets exposed...  ;)
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2010, 11:27:47 PM »

Online snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
I got one to work:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yht7pvg

TA/Shelden for Robinson/Landry.  Hopefully TA would get bought out and returned.

I'd love to add Robinson.  Excellent scorer for a team that really needs a go-to option off the bench.  Dangerous off the dribble or spotting up.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2010, 11:41:32 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
I got one to work:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yht7pvg

TA/Shelden for Robinson/Landry.  Hopefully TA would get bought out and returned.

I'd love to add Robinson.  Excellent scorer for a team that really needs a go-to option off the bench.  Dangerous off the dribble or spotting up.

TA will not get bought out.

Anyways:

According to multiple sources, the Celtics [team stats] and Knicks are close to a deal that would bring guard Nate Robinson to the Celts, possibly in exchange for Eddie House.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view/20100216sources_celtics_eye_knicks_nate_robinson/srvc=home&position=recent

Heck yes if this is true!

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2010, 11:54:28 PM »

Offline Tough Juice

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
that's great

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2010, 11:56:53 PM »

Offline Poseidon

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • Ray Allen είναι ο άνθρωπος.
I have a question for all the basketball experts here :). How soon do think the trade will happen if it does? It is it a matter of weeks or days? And is there a deadline in which a trade has to be made before?
"I could justify it all day long if I wanted to, but the truth is, I locked it because I wanted to."- Jeff